SGT a dangerous site?

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
SG I Yam
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

SGT a dangerous site?

Post by SG I Yam » Wed May 23, 2012 2:25 pm

I knew SGT was dangerous... :-)

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/ ... forums.php

Got redirected to the above when I tried to access the site.

Admins might want to check it out...

(You can delete this thread if it turns out to be completely bogus...)

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Re: SGT a dangerous site?

Post by TiggerHappy » Wed May 23, 2012 4:11 pm

Don't worry, I got that warning, too. Although it only pops up if you access SGT from a search engine. If you've got the site bookmarked on your Favorites then you won't encounter that warning.

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Wed May 23, 2012 11:08 pm

Not really, I've used a bookmark for months and got hit with it this evening myself. Granted, I know better but I'm wondering who fed the troll? :rolleyes:

Apparently they where hacked today and blacklisted by google. CujoSR just made a post about it. >.<

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu May 24, 2012 3:58 pm

The first tipoff was when one of our members could not get into the site from their library. Last count that I saw we were 185/200 of the way there.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri May 25, 2012 11:06 am

Google doesn't blacklist, they just warn. I see it all the time at $dayjob.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat May 26, 2012 12:36 pm

I tried to start a thread on here warning about the url(two)short(dot)info redirect, but was told my account was blocked or something and I couldn't post a new thread.
Today, as I went from post to post, I noticed that the "You last visited" part of the Welcome box in the upper right of the screen keeps changing, like you last visited 2 minutes ago, 6 minutes ago, etc. . What gives? That's never happened before. :confused: :eek:

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sat May 26, 2012 8:03 pm

felinefan wrote:I tried to start a thread on here warning about the url(two)short(dot)info redirect, but was told my account was blocked or something and I couldn't post a new thread.
Today, as I went from post to post, I noticed that the "You last visited" part of the Welcome box in the upper right of the screen keeps changing, like you last visited 2 minutes ago, 6 minutes ago, etc. . What gives? That's never happened before. :confused: :eek:
I know that the site was down for a while the other day, I got a database error page when I tried visiting. I assume it was down while the host and Cujo worked to make sure everything was clean. At least a few posts made shortly before the downtime vanished without a trace, I made a post in this thread and in the "Hacked" thread and both were gone when the site came back up.

The changing last visit time could've been caused by the DB issues or maybe your cookies are messed up. I don't know exactly how the last visit time works but I assume it's from the DB so no matter where you log in from the time will be correct. It seems to be working for me just fine.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Tue May 29, 2012 12:29 pm

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue May 29, 2012 1:05 pm

I really think that this is the work of Mr. D. I don't generally believe in coincidences, but this didn't happen until shortly after Mr. D was banished for good.

bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bookbabe » Tue May 29, 2012 1:46 pm

felinefan wrote:I really think that this is the work of Mr. D. I don't generally believe in coincidences, but this didn't happen until shortly after Mr. D was banished for good.
I had that same thought myself... :( Didn't he actually talk about hacking the site in one of his posts?