Do cm really hate GAC?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Do cm really hate GAC?

Post by NemoRanger » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:22 am

Out of curiosity, I was looking for Disney Tickets on Craigslist when I came across a person selling a "front of line pass" He was selling GAC cards for 200 dollars.

He goes to city hall and gets GAC cards then sells them on Craigslist.

Its abusive scum like this person and people who would knowingly buy and USE a card designed to assist a person with a disability that make me sick.

Working at Disney you really see the best side of humanity as well as dirtbags of society.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:11 pm

It's been a while since I last was on Craigslist, but don't they give you the opportunity to report scum like that?

One time, I was looking at places to live in Lancaster (CA), and came upon an ad for a 3+2 two story house, for the price of--$0. I jotted the info down, knowing it was too good to be true. I contacted the realtor, who called me back and said she'd sold that house three years before. Then she asked where I saw it, and I said EBay. She said thanks, she'd take care of it, and a couple of days later the ad was gone.

There's a site that purports to rent properties all over California, maybe other states, for outrageously low rents. The problem is, you have to fork over a "membership fee" to see the details. Problem is, it's a scam, and most if not all the properties either are not on the market, either at all or once were and are no longer, that kind of thing. And you can't get all your fee returned. AFAIK, nobody's been able to get ahold of the person(s) behind this and prosecute them.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:09 pm

NemoRanger wrote:Out of curiosity, I was looking for Disney Tickets on Craigslist when I came across a person selling a "front of line pass" He was selling GAC cards for 200 dollars.

He goes to city hall and gets GAC cards then sells them on Craigslist.

Its abusive scum like this person and people who would knowingly buy and USE a card designed to assist a person with a disability that make me sick.

Working at Disney you really see the best side of humanity as well as dirtbags of society.
I recommend sending the listing info to Disney's Antipiracy department so they can get the listing removed and stop this blatant abuse of the GAC system.

Email: [email protected]

Voice Mail: 818-560-3300

Mail:
[INDENT]The Walt Disney Company
Antipiracy Group
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, California 91521-0644[/INDENT]

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Post by CptnSkippy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:24 am

Don't GAC have dates on them?

Also a quick pic of the guest with a digitial camera and print (Even in black and white) on the GAC would stop this.

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:24 am

CptnSkippy wrote:Don't GAC have dates on them?

Also a quick pic of the guest with a digitial camera and print (Even in black and white) on the GAC would stop this.
Yes, they are dated. this person is going to GR and getting new ones to sell. I know eventually he will be caught.

Sue M
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Sue M » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:14 pm

I've never used a GAC, but thinking about it now, if I need to, going to play it by ear, and see how I do, afternoons are the worst after being on it for a few hrs. My knee is shot :( not quite ready for knee replacement yet, but am in constant pain. Anti inflamatories give some relief, but a lot of walking does me in.

Bringing the brace, ugh. What exactly do they do for you, in my case, not in wheelchair? I'm able to walk, just painful. I'm afraid of getting dirty looks from people, who may not realize my situation, or CMs thinking I'm abusing? Because my problem isn't readily visible.

Also, do I need documentation to show to get GAC? Copy of MRI? Or doctor note? Thanks. Hope I haven't offended anyone here, I've always had nothing but great experiences with WDW CMs, you rock.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:28 pm

Sue M wrote:Bringing the brace, ugh. What exactly do they do for you, in my case, not in wheelchair? I'm able to walk, just painful. I'm afraid of getting dirty looks from people, who may not realize my situation, or CMs thinking I'm abusing? Because my problem isn't readily visible.

Also, do I need documentation to show to get GAC? Copy of MRI? Or doctor note? Thanks.
Sue, go to City Hall/Guest Relations & request a GAC. No MRI copy or any med recs needed. As I recall there is no Dr's note needed either. I doubt CMs will think you are abusing your GAC if you are polite, listen to them as they direct you, & wait in the area they select for you. If stupid guests decide to give you looks, rise above them & remember they are stupid, thus we are furtunate Cujo gives us SGT.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Sue M
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Sue M » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:12 am

Thanks. I think I'll get the GAC just to have on hand if knee gives out after being on it awhile. Early mornings I should be good to go!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:36 am

Sue M wrote:Thanks. I think I'll get the GAC just to have on hand if knee gives out after being on it awhile. Early mornings I should be good to go!
Smart move. Just don't let your pride make you walk so much you give up on the day too soon.

And when you get the GAC, be sure to ask for the Guide for Guests with Disabilities guidemaps for the parks. They'll tell you which rides are mainstreamed, which you go in the exit, and which you find a greeter and let them guide you in. Saves a *whole* lot of time, especially if you're in a wheelchair.

And if you decide to just get a chair, you can skip the GAC -- the wheelchair is enough by itself.

Zazu

Sue M
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Sue M » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Zazu wrote:Smart move. Just don't let your pride make you walk so much you give up on the day too soon.

And when you get the GAC, be sure to ask for the Guide for Guests with Disabilities guidemaps for the parks. They'll tell you which rides are mainstreamed, which you go in the exit, and which you find a greeter and let them guide you in. Saves a *whole* lot of time, especially if you're in a wheelchair.

And if you decide to just get a chair, you can skip the GAC -- the wheelchair is enough by itself.
Guide map is a great idea, who knew! Def. not planning on a wheel chair! lol! Daughter would just love that hahaha