Do cm really hate GAC?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Do cm really hate GAC?

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed May 02, 2012 12:24 am

SOMETIMES it doesn't pay to try to help.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Post by CptnSkippy » Wed May 02, 2012 6:32 am

Big Wallaby wrote:SOMETIMES it doesn't pay to try to help.
But it's the payoff when it does hit that makes it worth trying.

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed May 02, 2012 8:28 am

CptnSkippy wrote:But it's the payoff when it does hit that makes it worth trying.
Absolutely!

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Csaks
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Csaks » Tue May 08, 2012 5:22 pm

BRWombat wrote:This resonated with me. I can't recall ever seeing a GAC used, but I have seen magical things done for people around us. We just enjoy watching their expressions and are happy for them -- we've had plenty of magical moments ourselves, so it's fun to see others get special treatment. I just can't imagine the mindset that gets jealous and demands pampering all the time.
I truely believe the 'magic' comes to those that least expect it. Not those that demand it.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Tue May 08, 2012 5:31 pm

Csaks wrote:I truely believe the 'magic' comes to those that least expect it. Not those that demand it.
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! It isn't magical if you ask for it.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Tue May 08, 2012 6:05 pm

Csaks wrote:I truely believe the 'magic' comes to those that least expect it. Not those that demand it.
And it's even more magical if you had no idea it could even happen.
Last month, on the Magic, my daughter, a pin trader, was asked to attend the officers pin trading event. When we arrived, Laura, the pin CM from Mickey Mates, made my daughter an honorary officer, an supplied her with an officers pin lanyard. She lined up with the captain and other officers and got to trade with guests from a lanyard full of cm only pins. She had the time of her life! When trading wrapped up she was presented with a magical moments certificate, along with several pins that she had been seeking to trade for the entire cruise. We were so proud of her, lined up with the officers and trading with other guests. The kids always approached her first to trade!

What a cool surprise. The CMs we encountered on the Magic were ALL above and beyond anything we had experienced on past cruises. The small ships seem to mean more relaxed CMs and crew.

goofy1978
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by goofy1978 » Wed May 09, 2012 10:07 am

Absolutely!!! During the last YOMD, we all went to EPCOT, and my son decided to go to Innoventions while my wife and I went to MS. When we met up, he had been given a Dream Fastpass! We just thought he was lucky, and we started walking on. Well, a few minutes later the CM that had given it to him walked up to us and said that since we are family, my wife and I should get them too!!! We NEVER expected that to happen, and it just made our day! :clap:

Kevin

SWTexasBelle
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SWTexasBelle » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:01 pm

Somewhat related - in 2007 my son broke his arm at OKW OUR FIRST DAY there. I can now say I have ridden the most exciting ride at WDW - not one, but TWO ambulance rides. He couldn't have it set right away, so he was in a wheelchair with his arm in a sling for the rest of the week. (He had to be in the wheelchair because the slightest jostle could have necessitated another trip to the hospial and possible surgery - I never knew you couldn't cast a break right away)

Everyone was GREAT - the manager at OKW asked if he could do anything for us - I asked for and received the use of the wheelchair and GAC, and I told him we were there for my 18 year old daughter's birthday and anything he could do to help make it special would be appreciated. Not only did he arrange an Epcot Fireworks Cruise with Capt. Mike - when we returned from it there was a display of POC gifts for the birthday girl (the manager had asked if she was a princess kind of girl, and I had told him no, she was definitely a pirate kind of girl).

Thanks, one and all, for taking what could have been a horrible experience into a magical one!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:10 pm

SWTexasBelle wrote:Thanks, one and all, for taking what could have been a horrible experience into a magical one!
Being able to wow guests and turn a crappy situation into a delight is one of the rare privileges of working at Disney. I don't know any company that does a better job of this. Makes me proud.

Of course, such activities do serve as bait for the entitlement gators, but such is (stupid) life.

Zazu

Epeyon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Epeyon » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:58 pm

Zazu wrote:Being able to wow guests and turn a crappy situation into a delight is one of the rare privileges of working at Disney. I don't know any company that does a better job of this. Makes me proud.

Of course, such activities do serve as bait for the entitlement gators, but such is (stupid) life.
I think this is the sentiment of 90% of the cast members I've ever met.