Big Thunder Mountain Railroad re-opens

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:01 am

Huzzah, its open again!

Let's just hope it stays that way. :?

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:47 pm

I knew that from another "Disney" forum, that shall remain nameless!! I am excited since the Matterhorn will be down for 3 to 6 months for rehab. They should at least have one major coaster open while the others are in rehab.

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:06 am

I was very excited to not see BTM on the Refurb list last saturday, i woulda called over and congratulated them from Indy's Tower, but someone had stolen the phone list, it was funny though because it was either that day or the one after that we had a potential accident, but the computer picked it up and did an auto e-stop, i was grouping when all the vehicles shut down, and the speil went off, i'm not sure that the tower CM quite knew what was happening because it took him a good minute or two to bring the attraction out of show conditions, we spent a good three or four hours down while we did everything we could to get things up and running agian, ahh!, all these downtimes are melting into one, i can't seem to remeber what happened when.

no, it was that day indeed, beacuse i had just left tower to go down to group, and i had told the cm that bumped me to get us a good downtime. HAH! the irony, the next day was most excellent, not a single down time in the whole adventure frontier unit, but i know matterhorn went 101 at least twice, i know becuase i was on the trains and monorail annouced them. well i'm talking too much agian

Gimme some soft serve!

wheelieman
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by wheelieman » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:32 am

I was just wondering, how does management treat the CM who may have caused the BTM accident? Are they respectful and supportive, or do they can them right away? Just wondering.

Dave

Im in California, Im in California! If you see me at Knott's, come up and say "Hi"!

^ Okay, the novelty has worn off.

Amateur Radio Call Sign KI6BVW

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:43 am

wheelieman wrote:I was just wondering, how does management treat the CM who may have caused the BTM accident? Are they respectful and supportive, or do they can them right away? Just wondering.
Don't believe the CM was termed, or maybe I heard wrong. This CM is able to receive counseling/pysch care. Of course everyone has lawyers by now. CM working Christmas Eve dock accident (99 ??) was given psych help for more than 3 yrs. Disney had to pay those costs & CM wasn't termed, but was off for over a yr. Each case is handled differently...according to convo in PT.

"Is management respectful & supportive?" Rather think COSHA might quietly set guidelines for DOSH. Great question Wheelieman.

Edited by Polar33 to fix error in BBCode.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:05 am

i don't know the guy, but it depends on how he handled it, reactions when he realized it was probly his fault, he was new, so that's taken into account, did he follow other procedure, was his lead supportive, was he in tower getting help, since he was in fact new, there are several things that would need to be taken into account. they may have taken it off his knowlege as well, i was talking to one of the condutros who had only gotten a week or two in before the accident after being signed off, and they didn't update him because they felt that he hadn't had enough time there to really (this part i'm assuming, because i forgot why he said) be an asset to the ride. like i said there are afininty things that would have to be taken inot account.

Gimme some soft serve!

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:56 pm

I just found this article (Link) It has a link on it to the report by I think DOSH,

Edited by CujoSR: Link shortened

Elvis didn't do no drugs!