Universal Spring break crowds

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Universal Spring break crowds

Post by NemoRanger » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:43 pm

I spent the day with some friends over at Universal. Generally, I avoid the crowded day but my friends are loaded so they got me an express pass so I would join them. What a WASTE of money. I was Jolly the whole time as I had been a million times so I was happy to be with friends. IN the back of my mind I could only think was how expensive these express passes.

For as much money as they cost I think you truly should be able to hop in front of the line and not have to wait more then a couple people.

Every ride we had over a half hour wait. It was true that without them we would have had to wait in some more serious lines.

Spiderman = 130 min
Harry Potter - 120 min

Every ride we hit we had to wait at least a half hour if not more.

The most bizzare/horrifying thing I saw was in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. There were massive lines everywhere. You had to wait in a massive line with hundreds and hundreds of people just to get a locker so you could wait in the actual line for the Forbidden journy.

I counted 80 people in line for one of the butter beer stations.

The restaurants and stores all had lines with switch backs to get in. I think it took over and hour to get a table at three broomsticks.

It all take away from the charm of the area when your shoulder to shoulder with

I guess that is pretty typical spring break crowds. Thank god i didn't have to pay or else I would have been pissed.

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Universal Spring break crowds

Post by DonutGoddess » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:34 am

I guess going to the parks now is like trying to go to the water parks during summer on the weekend. No way things aren't going to be crowded. Our motto is "Hurry up and wait!"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:28 pm

I was at the MK two days ago. The entire parking lot was full and they were even parking guests in the employee (Woody) parking lot. When one sees this, one knows the park is at capacity. Thank goodness we were only there to get our Sorcerer cards for the day.

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:24 pm

We went to Universal last week to play the new mini golf courses and to ride Spiderman. The sign at Spiderman said it would take 90 minutes and the outside queue seemed to confirm this. To our surprise it actually was running smoothly and only took 20 minutes. The new HD projection is quite an improvement and they even added new elements to the film that make it look more realistic.