Non Florida Residents using Florida Resident Tickets

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Non Florida Residents using Florida Resident Tickets

Post by NemoRanger » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:39 am

It has always been my understanding that when a person purchases a Florida Resident ticket online they actually get a print out they take to the ticket booth at the parks where they have to show the Florida ID in order to get the tickets.

I am currently arguing with a friend from Ohio who is trying to cheat the system. They are claiming their family is going to buy the tickets and they will only check the one person in the group so it won't matter.

I hate it when people don't realize or care that its morally wrong to cheat and is basically stealing. I would never try and cheat like this. Anyways I am not their conscience.

Wouldn't a person at ticket booth check all the Adult IDs? If I were working the gate and I saw a bunch of adults and some kids in one group trying to use florida resident tickets. I would ask to see the adult tickets.

I have never used a Florida Resident ticket so I do not know the procedure. Anyways, I am trying to scare my friend and persuade him not to try this stunt. So has anyone used these tickets in a large group situation?

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Non Florida Residents using Florida Resident Tickets

Post by Whazzup » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:42 am

I also have a friend who lives in Florida but whose family is coming to visit WDW from out of state, and she wants to buy them Florida resident tickets. I've warned her it's not worth possibly being embarrassed and/or having to come up with the difference in ticket price if caught. So, how consistent are they in checking Florida resident IDs?

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:14 am

I think they require an adult ID for each ticket purchased. They have every time we've bought resident tickets. The only ones you can get away with are children, assuming the Florida resident claims they belong to them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Non SoCal Residents using SoCal Annual Passes

Post by Alyssa3467 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:20 am

If I got a dollar for every SoCal passholder who has shown me an out of state ID, I'd... be able to buy a nice dinner. :rolleyes:

Actually, I do kind of wonder how removing the photo of the Guest from Disneyland Resort Annual Passes has changed things. In the past, the only time I'd ask for identification was when an unsigned credit card was presented to me, since the Annual Pass is not considered valid identification. Now, every AP transaction in Stores and Foods requires identification, and the Main Entrance would require identification if there's no picture on file. Perhaps fewer people from out of state are buying SoCal passes now that their IDs will be checked much more frequently?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:11 pm

I routinely convert Florida Resident Ticket Voucher into real tickets. When I do, I have to ask for a Florida photo ID and a matching face for each adult ticket. Thus if you only have one ID for the family, you'll only get the one ticket, and perhaps the kids tickets if I'm feeling charitable. More likely I'll send you to Guest Relations where they can tell you NO from behind glass and OCSD is nearby.

When I worked turnstiles, I had to check Florida IDs for every adult on their first visit (this was before multi-phase turnstile operation). We also asked for them if something felt wrong to us, and when the turnstiles dictated a random ID check.

So tell your friends that trying to beat the system isn't terribly likely. Tell them too that if they succeed and are caught later, they could get a free tour of the Orange County jail on their last day ever in a Disney theme park. Such scams are considered "theft of services" in Florida, and carry a fine of $1000 (per ticket) and possible jail time, plus whatever term of banishment Disney elects to impose.

And they thought that finding their favorite ride was down for rehab ruined their vacation!?!

Zazu

Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Mr. D. » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:12 pm

NemoRanger wrote:I hate it when people don't realize or care that its morally wrong to cheat and is basically stealing. I would never try and cheat like this. Anyways I am not their conscience.

They found a possible loop hole or way around the system. IMO there is nothing wrong with that, and I doubt Disney is hurting for the extra bucks. They are not "stealing" anything. They ARE paying for admission. I am sure I will get some pleasant replies on this, but I think when companies charge so much for a person to use their service then the few people that find a way to help their wallet I say bravo. Now for all those that say "And those people are the reason they charge so much." I say bull. Disney is not charging $80 per person, per park, per day, to cover the 10 people a day (if even that) that find a way to save $20 on admission. They are charging $80 for admission out of pure greed.

So I have to say as far as morals go, it is morally wrong for companies to rip off their customers (or "guest" as Disney likes to call them) buy jacking their prices so high you have to take out a 2nd mortgage to be able to afford to visit.

Besides, the few dollars they are saving on admission they WILL spend inside the park. So Disney is still getting their money.

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Stupid Guest Tricks.com.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:43 am

I 'used' to be a resident of So Cal. Does that count? ;)

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:51 pm

Mr. D. wrote:They found a possible loop hole or way around the system. IMO there is nothing wrong with that, and I doubt Disney is hurting for the extra bucks. They are not "stealing" anything. They ARE paying for admission. I am sure I will get some pleasant replies on this, but I think when companies charge so much for a person to use their service then the few people that find a way to help their wallet I say bravo. Now for all those that say "And those people are the reason they charge so much." I say bull. Disney is not charging $80 per person, per park, per day, to cover the 10 people a day (if even that) that find a way to save $20 on admission. They are charging $80 for admission out of pure greed.

So I have to say as far as morals go, it is morally wrong for companies to rip off their customers (or "guest" as Disney likes to call them) buy jacking their prices so high you have to take out a 2nd mortgage to be able to afford to visit.

Besides, the few dollars they are saving on admission they WILL spend inside the park. So Disney is still getting their money.

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Stupid Guest Tricks.com.

Disney is a private company. Nobody NEEDS to go to Disney on vacation. Life goes on if not everybody in the world can afford a Disney Vacation.

Its Private. If Disney wants to charge 2,000 dollars a day to enter they can and its their right to. If I want to charge people 80 dollar to enter my home I can do that. Just because you do not think the price is fair and you feel the company is just greedy does not give you the right to steal from them. You have the right to say NO that price is not worth it to me so i choose not to go.

Just because a company charges money for a service does not mean you have the right to try and cheat the company out of money. You do not need to go to Disney. I tell people all the time if you can not afford to it then don't pay.

Its not CHEATING its STEALING. Plain and simple.

Same holds true for the people who don't want to pay 14 dollars to park at the gate so they drive to hotels or what not to avoid the 14 dollars. That is also STEALING! You may not like that they charge so much for parking but it is there right to do it.

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:06 pm

NemoRanger wrote:Same holds true for the people who don't want to pay 14 dollars to park at the gate so they drive to hotels or what not to avoid the 14 dollars. That is also STEALING! You may not like that they charge so much for parking but it is there right to do it.
I stay at the hotels to avoid that $14 charge. ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:49 pm

DonutGoddess wrote:I stay at the hotels to avoid that $14 charge. ;)
I see people on other boards asking on ways to avoid paying parking fees besides staying at the hotel.

That irritates me. If you can't afford to pay then you really should not be going to the parks. I despise paying to park. I am lucky that I don't have to when I come to the park. If I did have to pay then I would. I wouldn't be happy about it but that is the price you pay.