Disneyland Paris - A Stupid Guest Report

All other Disney Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disney discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Ice Bear
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Disneyland Paris - A Stupid Guest Report

Post by Ice Bear » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:08 am

I really don't get what you are whining about.
You are in France and they talk French over there. I never would expect WDW to announce everything in my language.
Besides the language Disney Paris has learned a lot from the US. NO mugs,NO free dining, NO I am lying to get a GAC,almost NO EVC,NO late FP return.

Guess who are the biggest complainers at GS?

Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Buggy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:07 am

Ice Bear wrote:I really don't get what you are whining about.
You are in France and they talk French over there. I never would expect WDW to announce everything in my language.
I am not complaining that they made announcements in French. I am complaining that the guests around me wouldn't help me understand them but would ask me questions in English when I knew something they didn't.

As I said, in general, the CMs knew enough English to do their jobs, and often a bit more. And many of the announcements -- and all the shows -- were in a combination of French and English.

RedOctober25
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by RedOctober25 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:52 am

Buggy wrote:We like to ask strange questions which tends to puzzle even native English speakers and they had no clue.
Would be very interested in hearing some of your standard "Strange" questions.

Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Buggy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:57 am

The only one I can think of from our last trip was that we were curious how many languages the face characters had to know, but we didn't want to ask it like that so I think it came out something like, "You must have to learn so many languages as a Princess; which ones do you know?"

We tend to want to know things a touch more behind the scenes-y than "what time is the 3:00 parade?" but we try not to break any of the magic when asking them.

NotASG
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by NotASG » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:26 pm

We spent two days at DLP in May. Agree that they need to get Crush's Coaster to the States ASAP! That was the best ride there. We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel which was nice (loved being above the entrance to DL) but the heavy perfume they pump through the ventilation almost killed us. :thumbdn:

The best food was at Annette's (50's diner) in Downtown Disney. Overall, we had a good time but probably won't go again.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:41 pm

I sure hope Belle speaks french.
I mean she is from there.

Corey

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:07 pm

NotASG wrote:... but the heavy perfume they pump through the ventilation almost killed us. :thumbdn:
There's a very good reason for that.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:14 pm

hobie16 wrote:There's a very good reason for that.

yeah, ze frogs stink.

Corey

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:03 pm

I remember ages ago my brother went on a trip to Europe and the then-USSR with his college group, and one stop was in Paris. He was saying how filthy the place was; the women in his group said there were lice in the women's room.

And to think Louis Pasteur was French; he discovered that diseases were of germ origin, and that killing germs prevented infection. He also invented anti-rabies vaccine to treat those who had been exposed to rabies. Ironic that someone who did humanity such a great service should come from a country that is so unhygenic.

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:15 pm

felinefan wrote:Ironic that someone who did humanity such a great service should come from a country that is so unhygenic.
I think it's because the country is so unhygenic that Pasteur came up with these discoveries. It's more a shame the country hasn't learned a thing from his accomplishments.