Ever been to California?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Jessica Rabbit
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Ever been to California?

Post by Jessica Rabbit » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:54 am

:D Hey everyone Jedi told me about this place today, and I have alot of Disney stories to spill but this was my favorite. I work for stores and have gotten some pretty weird comments but this was one of the oddest. While working over in Toontown (which i dont like gah! Stick me anywhere but there!) A woman came up to me and asked if I had ever been to California, now I thought she ment California adventure, because what else could she be talking about right. Wrong She ment California State...... :roll: Yeah, She kept going saying how nice it was and asked again if I had ever been there. I said no and told her I fly in for everyone of my shifts from Navada. She then said oh that must be expensive. :shock:

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:19 pm

hmm, i don't know about her, but i'm pretty sure that disneyland is in Anahiem, California, 1313 Harbor Blvd. to be exact. besides if we live here we can't go here for vacation, or anything, we'd have to move to another state, and then go here for a while on vacation, and then go back to other state, and then move back to CA, and then say we've been there before.

i think.... ouch, i'm going to work...

Gimme some soft serve!

DLSweeper
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DLSweeper » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:07 am

Wow... Now that's intresting! "Ever been to California?" Heehee! That's just stupid!

One time a tuest came up to me asking me where California was. I knew that they ment DCA, but man! "Where's California?" It's all around us, you idiot!

"I have a stupid question for you."

"Can I have a map?"

"Where is the restroom?"

"Do you work here?"

Felix the Cat
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Ever been to California?

Post by Felix the Cat » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:26 pm

I've had a guest ask me "How do we get to California Adventure", while Standing right infront of the big letters infront of the park which spell "CALIFORNIA".

I've also seen guest who enter DCA thinking they've just entered Disneyland, then get Confused because they don't know where they are.

I've seen Confussed guest walking around DCA looking at a Disneyland Map.

I've seen Guest exit Disneyland and head right to the gates of DCA thinking that those are the exits ahead not realizing that they've just exited the park.

Guest are stupid like that.

Righty-o!

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:16 am

well that's why they shoulda left the parking lot the way it was, however, Indy was a good use of parking (and i'm not just saying that 'cause i work there) you knew you were outta the park now the magic is a bit dominant

Gimme some soft serve!

fantoongal
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by fantoongal » Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:46 am

While working wait times at Village Haus last weekend I had the following conversation with a guest.

G: Hello, what land is that teacup ride in?
Me: Fantasyland, the land you're in right now, sir.
G: This isn't Fantasyland. (I figured he got to us by way of Big Thunder Trail.)
Me: Yes, sir it is.
G: Well then where's this stupid ride. My kids wanna go on it before we eat.
Me: (walking him out the front doors and pointing across the blacktop) Right there sir. You have a great day! :x

-ftg

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - The Man Himself, Walt Disney

2003-

MEng85
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: INDY!!!!!! just moved to fullerton...bye bye Frisco

Post by MEng85 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:39 pm

hey guys and gals in new here, dnt work at DLR but i hope to next summer...at the moment i work/volunteer out at alcatraz as a "docent" and u wouldnt believe the things i hear from visitors...if any one ever visited alcatraz u know that in the summer half the island is closed cuz the birds take over(its a bird scantuary) and the staff know not to clump together...the birds dnt need anymore target practice...well this lady got hit on sunday and she was moaning and groaning about sanitation...

lady: this place is filithy (bird droppings all over the floor), you should clean it up.
me: yea the birds are in thier nesting season, they should be gone by oct. well then clean the roads
lady: y dnt u clean them now?
me: its not practicle ma'am...
lady: well im goin to have u shut down for this, its unsanitary im going to call the San Francisco Health Dept.
me: yes ma'am i hope you enjoyed your stay...

then she stormed on the boat...
sad thing is AZ is a national park so its federal property...i didnt have the heart to tell her

Jessica Rabbit
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Jessica Rabbit » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:18 am

hahahahahahahahaha! :D I would have told her that you get very sick from it

Come on now, who really doesn't secretly hope that tink will smash into the matterhorn?

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:28 am

and the medical bills are through the roof! not to mention the hours spent on cleaning the carpet at home after a good day of tromping through the shtuff!

Gimme some soft serve!

Yfoog
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Yfoog » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:15 am

I've been hit twice from our feathered friends at Disneyland. The first was waiting in line to be seated at the old Tahitian Terrace (my cousin still has her puca shells). Got it right on the head and eyes! The second was during the daily crow infestation at sunset. I should have ran for cover at Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln!

The violentest place on earth!