Closing the Park. What guests do.

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
CEB
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Closing the Park. What guests do.

Post by CEB » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:57 pm

The last guests in the MK who board the monorail are proud to be the last. I had some who had me repeat John Candy's line from National Lampoons Vacation. Sorry folks parks closed.

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Closing the Park. What guests do.

Post by DonutGoddess » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:10 pm

CEB, welcome to SGT!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:14 pm

It was terrible getting guests out of the park at closing when I worked at Knott's. "Oh, just one more ride....we've been waiting all day for this..." Come on, what part of "Park closed, rides closed" do you not understand? :mad: Sheesh....

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:36 pm

felinefan wrote:It was terrible getting guests out of the park at closing when I worked at Knott's. "Oh, just one more ride....we've been waiting all day for this..." Come on, what part of "Park closed, rides closed" do you not understand? :mad: Sheesh....
If I had to guess, I would say it's the part where it applies to them as well as everyone else.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:48 pm

I remember we caught the last monorail to the TTC from Epcot late one night. Mostly because we where on the far side of World Showcase, and my poor suffering husband had to shove my butt around in a wheelchair due to a broken foot (Thank goodness that happened in the last few days of vacation!). While we got OUT in decent time with others lagging well behind us there wasn't an extra courtesy wheelchair around, so it took me an extra 40 minutes of hopping and hobbling on top of the exit walk to get up to the monorail. Which is naturally where 10+ of the courtesy wheelchairs where all sitting abandoned. :rolleyes:

It is kind of cool we got to do that though!

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

Near Philly
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Near Philly » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:26 pm

This happened a few trips ago.
Sat down to an ADR dinner at Brown Derby. Didn't ever feel rushed during the meal.
After dinner went outside and thought the park was REALLY empty. We were gently guided towards the exit. Outside the park we were asked where we had to get back to and a bus was immediately ready. We saw hardly anybody on the walk out and at transportation.
Turns out our ADR was 15 minutes before DHS closed and DHS was a ghost town when we left.

Arbite
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Arbite » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:55 pm

One of my favorite memories of closing the Magic Kingdom:

we were the last train out of the station. It was a good ride. As we returned to the station, a chant of "one more time!!, One more time!!" started up. The train stopped and the lap bars popped up for our exit. We began to exit the train and got about three steps away. When the PA comes on, " do you really want to go ONE MORE TIME??, if so get back in!!" We all ran back to our cars, and they sent us around for a really good ride. It was quiet as we were the only ride running and you could see everything lit up. It showed we were more than just a customer, we were guests!

Arbite
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Arbite » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:38 pm

Arbite wrote:One of my favorite memories of closing the Magic Kingdom:

we were the last train out of the station. It was a good ride. As we returned to the station, a chant of "one more time!!, One more time!!" started up. The train stopped and the lap bars popped up for our exit. We began to exit the train and got about three steps away. When the PA comes on, " do you really want to go ONE MORE TIME??, if so get back in!!" We all ran back to our cars, and they sent us around for a really good ride. It was quiet as we were the only ride running and you could see everything lit up. It showed we were more than just a customer, we were guests!
we were on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

no edit function OOOPPPSSS

Eticket15
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Eticket15 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:53 am

I think it would be nice to get to ride at least one more time when the park closes. I'd like to be walked out by a character with a last hug when we get to the exit (Woody would suffice) But, of course that's extremely wishful thinking.

I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Eticket15, I hope to be a CM at Disneyland, and the main reason I go on these boards is to get advice about career choices. Haven't had much luck, but i haven't given up either.

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:27 am

Welcome to SGT, Arbite and Eticket15. The marsupials should be by soon, as well as the beverage committee with your complementary refreshments. I suggest saving the later until AFTER the safety spiel.

*stands by with fire extinguisher, broom, and pan...*

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...