Fastpass changes???

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Fastpass changes???

Post by 5th Dimension » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:10 am

After tonight, the only change I want for Fastpasses is LESS FASTPASSES distributed! I think they are using us as guinea pigs to test what it's like to have the normal amount mixed in with the extras that xpass will bring in. Ugh. Downtime was terrible, when we were running at half capacity, the FP line was out the entrance, while the normal line was only half of that. Everyone is like "IS THIS THE FASTPASS LINE?!" take that, combined with the new not being late rule, we couldn't tell them that they could come back later to use it.

It's not really a new thing though, the FP line does back up when we have down time, it may just seem like this week is extra crazy due to the parks having about a million people inside. Come on Disney, limit FP.

goofyjoe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goofyjoe » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:44 pm

ktulu wrote:The Xpass would be a selling point to get people to stay on-site. Like the immediate fastpass that Disneyland offered to resort guests. You'd go up to the FP machine, and it'd spit out a FP for the current return time. Pretty nice actually :D:
It definitely would be a nice perk for WDW resort guests only; however, I'm not sure what more they need to do when the hotels run so close to capacity most of the time as it is. Perhaps they're hoping that the new Art of Animation Resort, combined with this, will help them capture some more revenue.

Gawrsh, yah-huh!

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Speaking of fastpasses, here is one not too many get. I got this one today while waiting for the Jungle Cruise ride. Two boats in a row broke down and needed to be removed. Needless to say, the ride needed to be shut down temporarily while they did this, so they handed these out.
Notice today's date and the expiration date on the fastpass.

seeing_eye_child
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by seeing_eye_child » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:11 pm

I'm relieved to hear that, unlike what I'd heard in the past, the current version of the x-pass rumors doesn't include a surcharge. If Disney wants to charge you more to "plus" your experience at the parks, good for them if they get your money - but NOT at the expense of another paying guest's experience.

I'm a bit leery on the resort guest-only policy for x-pass, though. You're still paying more to Disney by staying on their resorts, even if you're not paying for the x-pass itself, so not every ticketed guest has access to it. Which would be a fine perk - like EMH - except that this system exists at the expense of paying guests who don't have x-pass. Each fastpass granted through x-pass is a fastpass that was unavailable when a paying guest went to the machine. Each reserved viewing spot is somewhere an off-property guest can no longer use.

That having been said, the Jim Hill article makes a very fair point about spontaneity. While I do feel for people who dislike the ever-increasing necessity of booking things in advance for WDW, I don't see xpass as interfering with spontaneity at all. Touring HS, for example, for a family with thrill-seekers and/or young kids, currently involves a strategic attack on three fronts: Jedi Training Academy sign-ups, TSMM fastpasses, and the Sunset Blvd headliners. Xpass can alleviate a lot of the morning fastpass rush madness, which a definite plus to the guest experience...and could even allow you to be a little bit more spontaneous about your morning!

Going around World Showcase is like traveling in time and relative dimensions in space! :tardis:

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:27 pm

I got some good use out of those special fastpasses I got the other day. We were at the Magic Kingdom today to play The Sorcerers game and it was running late. I decided to go check out the line at Space Mountain, sure enough the wait time was over an hour. I saw a young couple heading towards the fastpass dispenser and ask them if they were looking for fastpasses to Space Mountain. They said yes and I handed them the tickets I had. I also told them they could ride right away or save them until the end of the month. It turns out they had just gotten engaged and were there to celebrate this. My gift of the fastpasses was just icing on the cake for them.
I also managed to give away a bunch of Sorcerer cards to a few kids that were just starting the game. That made their day too.
I may no longer be a cast member, but that doesn't mean I can't still spread some magic. :D:

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:14 am

avengador1 wrote:I may no longer be a cast member, but that doesn't mean I can't still spread some magic. :D:
My wife and I never were cast members, but we still love doing stuff like that. We'll give out Fast Passes we're not using, or maybe give a pin to some little kid so they can trade, etc. Always adds a special touch to our vacation when we can do that.

xliath
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by xliath » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:14 pm

all that they need to do is reduce the number of fastpasses, splash mountain's line at return backs up past the entrance every day, with 98% returning within there hour mark

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:35 pm

Maybe they should refrain from opening the fastpass dispensers until a few hours after opening and only have them open for an hour, then closed for an hour, then opened for an hour, and so on. That way it would spread the fastpasses out over the day and they wouldn't run out so early. This would also help alleviate the mad rush of people using the fastpasses this system creates now.

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:39 pm

Or add to the fun with each machine dispensing FP for random attractions! The could set up trading stations in each land.
:fastpass1 :"I'll trade you 4 Big Thunders at 12:05 for 4Splash Mountains after 4:00"

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:49 pm

I have an idea, keep things the way they are, except when I visit, then have a dedicated line just for me, no wait, immediate boarding. Oh, free food, and I want adult beverages at the MK or Disneyland (without the trip to 33, unless it's part of the free food, then yes, please!)

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."