Fastpass changes???

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Fastpass changes???

Post by darph nader » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:50 pm

ktulu wrote:I have an idea, keep things the way they are, except when I visit, then have a dedicated line just for me, no wait, immediate boarding. Oh, free food, and I want adult beverages at the MK or Disneyland (without the trip to 33, unless it's part of the free food, then yes, please!)
I stand shoulder to shoulder with my fellow member of BDoSGT. :cool:
Let the games begin.

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:46 pm

darph nader wrote:I stand shoulder to shoulder with my fellow member of BDoSGT. :cool:
Let the games begin.
Can we just spectate? Less chance of spillage.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:03 am

ktulu wrote:I want adult beverages at the MK or Disneyland (without the trip to 33, unless it's part of the free food, then yes, please!)
DisneyLand wishes they could accommodate your above desires, but your Bucket List was filled last July. :p: :D:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:17 am

ktulu wrote:Can we just spectate?
Kman, you have NEVER spectated - is this even a word? - in your life!! You are always square in the middle of everything! Even chaos. ;)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

kvandmx
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by kvandmx » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:16 am

I think each park should have a central Fastpass distribution area with multiple machines. Each machine would be capable of dispensing a fastpass for any fastpass attraction via a menu selection. This way the ques for fastpass would not clutter the areas around the attractions! Just my 2 cents.

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:10 pm

Seriously, does anyone know if they are giving out MORE FP since that new rule took effect? It sure seemed like it again last night, that line backed up quite a long ways, and even though the park was busy, there was still FP available 2 hours before closing.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:39 pm

5th Dimension wrote:Seriously, does anyone know if they are giving out MORE FP since that new rule took effect? It sure seemed like it again last night, that line backed up quite a long ways, and even though the park was busy, there was still FP available 2 hours before closing.
I don't believe so. It's just now everyone has to return during the hour window instead of anytime after the window opens. What attraction was this? Some attractions don't run out of Fastpasses until very close to park close, if they run out at all. That and it varies depending on the crowd and all. Some days, even busy days, FPs for a particular attraction aren't very popular, especially later in the day.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:52 pm

Shorty82 wrote:I don't believe so. It's just now everyone has to return during the hour window instead of anytime after the window opens.
Yep, this causes issues around show and parade dumps. Now everybody who just finished watching the 3:00 parade *has* to go use their FP before it runs out instead of trickling in over the next 20-30 minutes.

Kurt

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:50 pm

Shorty82 wrote:I don't believe so. It's just now everyone has to return during the hour window instead of anytime after the window opens. What attraction was this? Some attractions don't run out of Fastpasses until very close to park close, if they run out at all. That and it varies depending on the crowd and all. Some days, even busy days, FPs for a particular attraction aren't very popular, especially later in the day.
The last 2 hours are just so hectic on busy days, it drives me crazy how many FP comes through, and it always gets backed up.

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:30 pm

I just got back from DL Paris. The FP window there is 30 minutes and strictly enforced. Also you cannot get a new FP until after the end time of the current FP.