Fastpass changes???

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Fastpass changes???

Post by Goofyernmost » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:58 pm

Mr. D. wrote:It is sad that this is even needed.

Lets look at this.

Return ANYTIME between 10:05 and 11:05.

So ANYTIME between that HOUR. Not to mention this pass was issued at 9:03, so you now have 2 full hours to plan your return. How hard is it to do this? We did this with a group of 3 adults and one toddler, and never missed a FP time. Heck most the time we got to the attraction about 3-5 mins before the time. 9 times out of 10 the CM would let us on, but one did not. We understood and waited our turn.

As the OP said. I can see a 5 min grace because some times stuff happens. I also think it should be up to the CM. They are the ones working the front lines of defense. They know the traffic for that ride for the day, shift, the last hour, ect.

I wonder how many guest get a FP for s ride at MK, then hop the monorail to EPCOT, and hope to get back to MK in time.
Perhaps they shouldn't try..it seems a little overly ambitious and unreasonable to me.

:goofy: :goofy:

Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Mr. D. » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:10 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:Perhaps they shouldn't try..it seems a little overly ambitious and unreasonable to me.

desparatus cupiditas quod unreasonable

The motto of every SG. :)

BTW that's Latin for what you said. ;)

RedOctober25
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by RedOctober25 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:38 pm

Personally I would rather go thru the Standby line. I love talking to the other people ahead and behind me. Only occasionally do I use a FastPass and can only recall once or twice using it after the fact. And the only reason I found out was because a CM handed us some "complimentary" Fps as we were leaving a ride and I noticed (and then questioned) the return time. However, we ended up passing them along to a family who was disappointed about the 90 minute wait for Soarin' (and thus made somebody's day). But I digress. I am glad they are going to be enforcing the rules now. The grace period at the beginning is maybe not needed as much. Really, five minutes is not that long to wait. The grace period at the end, I can understand running late from across the park. Of course thenext problem is that since everyone knows about the grace periods, all "us" SGs will demand a grace period for the grace period. You are letting us in five minutes early to begin with, what's another five minutes? Anyway, that's my two cents (not that it matters or affects me in the grand scheme of things).

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:23 pm

I am guessing this is trying to stop people from rushing to an attraction at park opening and taking all the fastpasses for the day. Toy Story Mania is a perfect example. Even on the slowest day its not uncommon for FP to all be distributed by 10am.

I have actually run into many guest who assume you need a FP in order to ride.

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:28 pm

So I just read this on another board

"Going back to previous rumors suggesting that Disney is on the verge of launching the “XPass”, a higher tier version of FastPass reserved in advance for premium for guests who purchase premium Disney Resort packages. The first step in order to make room for the introduction of the rumored XPass was to start enforcing the closing window time on all FastPasses.. which will now begin in March. Once they work out the bugs there, I think we can perhaps expect to see a test of the XPass sometime over the next three months. Either way, it is starting to appear as if Epcot could very well be the testing ground for many new “NextGen” features Disney has been planning. For example, back in mid-November Epcot was testing a new RFID chip based ticket system, combined with a special turnstyle free entrance portal with ticket scanners. "

This is the first I heard of Xpass. I worked at the Seas and can't imagine those rides needing any kind of a express lane. It sounds crazy

ynnepztem
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by ynnepztem » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:40 am

Here's some information on the new XPass
http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief ... -work.aspx

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:55 am

ynnepztem wrote:Here's some information on the new XPass
http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief ... -work.aspx
Interesting article (it's been a while since I read anything from Jim Hill). I've been giving this a thought, and I'm starting to like it more. It would allow me to get all my FPs for the late afternoon which is when we would use them before they started enforcing the return window times. So we'll just have to see.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:48 pm

GaTechGal wrote:Interesting article (it's been a while since I read anything from Jim Hill). I've been giving this a thought, and I'm starting to like it more. It would allow me to get all my FPs for the late afternoon which is when we would use them before they started enforcing the return window times. So we'll just have to see.
OK, so I read the Jim Hill article and now know that Disney is planning to unveil a new system that they don't know how is going to work yet and have pretty much only been able to figure out where the Resort Hotel people fit in. They don't know how to do a DVC person or it's own employee's. And absolutely nothing was mentioned of the 100's of thousands of people that spend days in Disney and nights off-site. Yup...sounds like a crowd pleaser to me unless your part of the very large crowd that isn't staying on site in the hotels.

Besides, how much credence can you give a supposed Disney expert that either doesn't know or can't count well enough to know that Walt Disney passed away 45 years ago, not 35.

I'm not against the Xpass but I cannot really be for it until the details are worked out and all the questions are answered and everyone gets the opportunity to play. If that doesn't happen, I don't give it the chance of a snowball in hell.

:goofy: :goofy:

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:22 pm

The Xpass would be a selling point to get people to stay on-site. Like the immediate fastpass that Disneyland offered to resort guests. You'd go up to the FP machine, and it'd spit out a FP for the current return time. Pretty nice actually :D:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

TdcOgre
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by TdcOgre » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:49 am

ktulu wrote:The Xpass would be a selling point to get people to stay on-site. Like the immediate fastpass that Disneyland offered to resort guests. You'd go up to the FP machine, and it'd spit out a FP for the current return time. Pretty nice actually :D:

They need something to add to the cachet of the resorts. We've stopped staying at the resorts when we're there. Won't pay for the high end resorts and I can do better than the moderates for less money. Then we could talk about transportation issues.

Anyway, they need another draw for the resorts. Used to be the early open for resort guests or the "e-ticket" nights worked well. Then it became de rigueur with the early/late magic offerings. Its fine when the number of people using it is limited but now "everybody" does it. So on to the next perk. :p: