Fastpass changes???

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Fastpass changes???

Post by NemoRanger » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:36 pm

Thankfully, I am no longer in Attractions. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I bothered getting a fast pass. If the line is over 20mins I just come back another time. Every ride has those days when you can pretty much walk on. I have never waiting longer then 10 mins to get on Toy Story Mania.

Now that I have been on every ride at WDW a few hundred times I find that I really could care less. Now when I go to the parks I hit the shows and meet characters. Its so much more fun then waiting in line for a 2min thrill

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:30 pm

i'm looking forward to the fastpass lines now moving much more quickly later in teh day, since the folks in the line at any one time will only be those entitled by their window to be in the line at that time. It was anoying to have a longer wait in the fastpass return later in the day, since many of those ahead of me had return times much earlier in the day!

But I sure don't envy you cast members who will have to enforce it upon the "entitled" masses ! Board X must be burning up at this news !

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:20 pm

delsdad wrote:i'm looking forward to the fastpass lines now moving much more quickly later in teh day, since the folks in the line at any one time will only be those entitled by their window to be in the line at that time. It was anoying to have a longer wait in the fastpass return later in the day, since many of those ahead of me had return times much earlier in the day!

But I sure don't envy you cast members who will have to enforce it upon the "entitled" masses ! Board X must be burning up at this news !

It is, but surprisingly, it isn't all bad. Most seem to understand it and frankly, there are not that many people that even know that they can go on after the end date currently.

The real uproar, mostly from me, is concerning the NextGen plan to enable people to set Fastpass time from home before they even arrive at the resorts. I cannot see a lot of happy people if that is in place. It is a nightmare to just think about how they would control that. If you reserve something on line, I would assume you print it out. What would prevent copying and having high quality duplicates floating about. Whatever, it just seems like a very, very bad idea. Disney seems to have had more than it's share of bad ideas as it is, starting with the original Fastpass. That has become a white elephant in one's living room. You don't want it but it's too big to shoo away.

:goofy: :goofy:

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:35 pm

Goofyernmost wrote: The real uproar, mostly from me, is concerning the NextGen plan to enable people to set Fastpass time from home before they even arrive at the resorts. I cannot see a lot of happy people if that is in place. It is a nightmare to just think about how they would control that. If you reserve something on line, I would assume you print it out. What would prevent copying and having high quality duplicates floating about. Whatever, it just seems like a very, very bad idea. Disney seems to have had more than it's share of bad ideas as it is, starting with the original Fastpass. That has become a white elephant in one's living room. You don't want it but it's too big to shoo away.
Oh god I hope this is a test that fails quickly. This sounds awesome in theory. So does being able to make dinner reservation 180 day in advance. We are going to have guest that know this and come prepared with prearranged fast passes. Then we are going to have guest with no clue and they are going to be blocked out and PISSED!

I see this being like the airline. Months before your Disney trip you will be sitting at your computer waiting for the clock to turn to 12:01am six months from your time at Magic Kingdom. You will be clicking ferverously on IPAD for Fastpasses for 12 people to Space Mountain at 2pm only to find that 2,000 other people with faster internet connections got your ideal fast passes.

The program will then apologize and offer fastpasses to Its Tough to be a bug. which your of course your not going anywhere near

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:30 am

Well up until I learned about it from this board we always showed up within our Fast Pass time window. To be honest, we don't use them much, maybe one or two a day. I prefer to be spontaneous. And I don't wait in 2 hour lines. If it's that bad then we will come back when it's not.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kerbear135
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by kerbear135 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:56 am

I, like several others on this discussion, am happy to see this new policy being implemented. It's always been a pet peeve of mine to return for my alloted time and the 12 ppl in front of me all have fast passes that expired 6rs ago, but they wanted to wait till the line was busiest to return. I hope management will stick to their guns and inforce the new policy, but it sounds like Disney management is like my management...all you have to do is complain loudly and they'll roll over and give you whatever you want to shut you up.

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:27 am

I found another way to avoid the need for a Fast Pass. I recently bought a new smart phone and they have apps available that show line wait times for the parks. This is handy to know when one is planning which ride they would like to go on.

LucyintheSky
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by LucyintheSky » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:47 pm

I'm glad they're going to be enforcing the end times on FPs. I always went by the times anyway. I'd heard about people using ones that had been expired for hours, or saving them up during the day, but I never felt that was right. There's a time window on the FPs for a reason!

I remember when my parents were down for my son's spring break last year, we had FP for Buzz. We got busy with other things, and missed the end time by like an hour. I just threw them away. It never occurred to me to try to still use them. Guess what... we just went on Buzz later on.

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by delsdad » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:32 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:The real uproar, mostly from me, is concerning the NextGen plan to enable people to set Fastpass time from home before they even arrive at the resorts. I cannot see a lot of happy people if that is in place. It is a nightmare to just think about how they would control that. If you reserve something on line, I would assume you print it out. What would prevent copying and having high quality duplicates floating about. Whatever, it just seems like a very, very bad idea. Disney seems to have had more than it's share of bad ideas as it is, starting with the original Fastpass. That has become a white elephant in one's living room. You don't want it but it's too big to shoo away.
The only way this might be feasible is if booking your FP from home required entering your ticket number/ap number. Then you put that ticket into the FP machine at Space Mountain and it printed out the pre arranged FP for you. And perhaps if you didn't claim the FP early enough, it would throw that pass back into todays pool for another guest to get it issued at the machine?
However, what about guests who dont have tickets yet? THose without a reservation number on the Disney system, such as those booking through a consolidator or a tour agency?

Maybe they will just install the FP machines in Buenos Aires airport so that the tour groups can get their FP before even boarding the flights !

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by delsdad » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:35 pm

avengador1 wrote:I found another way to avoid the need for a Fast Pass. I recently bought a new smart phone and they have apps available that show line wait times for the parks. This is handy to know when one is planning which ride they would like to go on.
Not so helpful for out of country visitors. The data roaming charges are so high that it makes more sense to get a VIP tour guide! Of buy a MiFi and use it as a prepaid hotspot during a trip. Thats what I do. 20$ gets me access to the Lin3s app for an entire trip.