Why the rush at Splash Mountain?

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Why the rush at Splash Mountain?

Post by DonutGoddess » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:41 am

mattdbower wrote:It may be different out on te west coast, but I don't think WDW had them last Spring. As far as I can tell, the restraints on Splash Mountain (a single lap bar for both adjacent seats) is more for keeping people from standing up / getting out than to keep them from falling out. Of course, now we have doors on our trams, the SG count must be at a record high.
Noticed the doors last time we were there. Must be a real pain for the stroller people.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Monorail_Red
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: Monorails
Position: Former CM

Post by Monorail_Red » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:47 am

I haven't been to WDW since December of 2010, so it must have been done in the most recent refurb.

Regards,
Monorail_Red

The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:55 pm

DonutGoddess wrote:Noticed the doors last time we were there. Must be a real pain for the stroller people.
It's not that big a deal. It opens easily and I saw no one struggling to get things done.

:goofy: :goofy:

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:31 pm

It used to drive us wild when management would ride us for higher numbers, it never came from OUR managers it was always a directive from someone higher up pushing it. They wanted their numbers to look better so everyone below got the squeeze, a lot of times our managers would ignore it unless that manager above them was planning to show up.

When they did show up, complaints would fly because we where so rushed. We had one who liked to stand at load and give us "pointers" on how to go faster, we laughed because it was highly unlikly this person ever loaded a coaster car in his life!
The same pushy manger almost cause an accident, two of us at RnRC unload and he thought we where going to slow and walked over and just slapped this dispatch button without telling us. Causing both me and my co-worker to leap away from the train in record time, naturally it was our fault for being to slow.
:rolleyes:

Sometimes, Management just needs to stay in their offices ;)

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:47 am

Darksin, that manager should be fired for intentionally putting the lives of the Cast Members working that attraction at risk. I don't give a flying [CENSORED] what the counts are, had that manager killed a Cast Member it would have looked REALLY good in the papers. [CENSORED] that manager, I hope they were laid off back when the company did all the layoffs.

As far as the lap bars on Splash, yes, they are there here at WDW. When I was working at Thunder they were starting to put them in, to make people stay seated. With how long that ride went without them, are they really a safety necessary? Well, as long as they actually keep people from leaving the logs then yes. Otherwise... they don't really do anything on that ride.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:19 am

Big Wallaby wrote:As far as the lap bars on Splash, yes, they are there here at WDW. When I was working at Thunder they were starting to put them in, to make people stay seated. With how long that ride went without them, are they really a safety necessary?
SAFETY PROCEDURES: Lower lap bar and ensure it is securley locked to avoid risk of law suits and large monetary awards to a certain subset of guests (hereafter referred to as SGs)

Spideyfreak
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Spideyfreak » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:45 pm

I can't believe this. When I was at the resort a few weeks ago I caught a bellhop on TOT not checking seat belts. Then the area before the load belt on HM was so overcrowded that you literally could not move (see the full story HERE. Now they're dispatching vehicles without lapbars down? Granted, you don't need them on Splash anyways but still.

I mean really, what the hell? Why is Disney screwing around with safety?

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:58 pm

Spideyfreak wrote:I can't believe this. When I was at the resort a few weeks ago I caught a bellhop on TOT not checking seat belts.
TOT is actually pretty safe. The only reason they visually verify belts is to make sure someone didn't secure it then sit on it. The vehicle won't dispatch until every seat it thinks someone might be in is secured.

Kurt

Spideyfreak
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Spideyfreak » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:23 pm

Yeah, but this bellhop didn't even do a visual check or anything. Once everybody got in, and he got his "belt ok" lights he hit dispatch.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:26 pm

If you can observe everyone in the elevator putting the belt around themselves, then it wouldn't be a problem. I hope someone new would not be guilty of this, but it is possible that you had someone who knew how to watch everyone and make sure they were doing it right.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?