Disney to add on to Grand Floridian

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Disney to add on to Grand Floridian

Post by avengador1 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:02 pm

The building bueprint plans were included in the link I posted. Here they are in case anyone missed them.
http://www.wesh.com/pdf/27285958/detail.html

http://www.wesh.com/pdf/27286028/detail.html

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:01 am

Epeyon wrote:...begin running a bus out of the Magic Kingdom bus loop for the resorts, which they could do whenever they finish the third loop.
If I was staying at the Poly, I would rather walk. Have you ever been aboard when they run the buses to the MK Resorts? It turns a 20 min round trip on the Monorail into an hour-long journey. Screw that.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:10 am

People will have to drive through the hotel parking to get to the Wedding Pavillion. So it will be the Grand Floridian Villas and Wedding Pavillion.

Classy.

Because if I was paying that much for my perfect wedding, I would love to have to drive through a parking lot for a section of a hotel to get to the area where I am getting married.

Who am I kidding, it's just a detail. The bridezillas that go there will never notice.

And no, I am not calling every bride a bridezilla. Little Wallaby definitely was not. :cool:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:32 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:If I was staying at the Poly, I would rather walk. Have you ever been aboard when they run the buses to the MK Resorts? It turns a 20 min round trip on the Monorail into an hour-long journey. Screw that.
Although without some improvements to the monorail reliability, this just exacerbates the existing capacity problems by throwing another 1,000 trips on the line a day.

And that parking lot is awful. It's nice to know they took into account my study saying yes, they need more parking, but come on... the traffic flow over there was already awkward.

Kurt

goofyjoe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goofyjoe » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:20 pm

I also heard about the possibility of a flyover ramp for the "Jughandle" at the corner of Vista Blvd. and World Drive. This would eliminate the stop sign for people making the left turn onto Vista Blvd. EB (those people have to yield to World Drive NB traffic) and make it a much safer intersection all around.

Though, I'm not sure just how much they could elevate it, given that the monorail beam is very close by. Any insights on this?

Gawrsh, yah-huh!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:06 pm

goofyjoe wrote:I also heard about the possibility of a flyover ramp for the "Jughandle" at the corner of Vista Blvd. and World Drive. This would eliminate the stop sign for people making the left turn onto Vista Blvd. EB (those people have to yield to World Drive NB traffic) and make it a much safer intersection all around.

Though, I'm not sure just how much they could elevate it, given that the monorail beam is very close by. Any insights on this?
Cat-skinning alternatives abound. For example, they could elevate World Drive and leave the left turn loop be.

Another option would be to make that section of World Drive left-hand running, then build a flyover farther north.

Even more likely, build a road from the entrance to Wilderness Lodge that goes through to nearly the Ft. Wilderness entrance on Vista Blvd. This road to serve the proposed "Wilderness Corners" area in between.

Or they could just put up a jolly stoplight, whatever's cheapest.

Zazu

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:05 am

Zazu wrote:Or they could just put up a jolly stoplight, whatever's cheapest.
Or even make it a three-way stop. I hate that intersection, I'm surprised there's not accidents there all the time.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:38 pm

I was at the Magic Kingdom today and could see the grounds were being prepared for this new addition. They had the whole area fenced off and most of the land was cleared. I managed to get a quick picture from the monorail on my way back to the TTC.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:35 am

And next to the archway is the union break chair.

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:01 pm

And next to the archway is the union break chair.
LOL. I was wondering what that chair was for.