Universal closing Jaws ride

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Universal closing Jaws ride

Post by WEDFan » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:35 am

Doctor McKey wrote:Ok... just to squash the rumor of where WWoHP will be... It will not be in the Studios... that is 100% the case. I know someone had mentioned that the gates have seen a huge increase at IOA and that USF needs the boost from a Harry Potter themed area in order increase its gates. This is not the case.... Thier are a number of attractions that are set to close in the next couple of years in USF, and are not being mentioned as of yet in order to help with some more future surprises that are on the horizon for the park.
Just to clarify, I said there was a huge increase in IoA and that it would make good business sense to equalize the gates -- not that Harry Potter was needed to do that, but rather that it might fill that purpose. Or at least that's what I meant to say :D: . Since I have absolutely no inside information, I defer to your knowledge.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:51 am

Oh, please. Not Twilight. Can you imagine that area when Pop Warner comes to town? :eek:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Park: magic kingdom
Department: the dungeons
Position: former slave

Post by Doctor McKey » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:32 pm

The problem is that Twlight does not have enough background to create an attraction for it....

The Doctor

Note from Big Wallaby - This guy snorts pixie dust! Ask me for details...

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:04 pm

Not to mention we just don't have the cloud cover here that would be necessary to keep from making all the men working in the area have to wear glitter.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:44 am

Hmmm... well I say a True Blood attraction would be far more interesting than a Twilight ride. But then again the scene where they are climbing redwood trees looked pretty interesting.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:21 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Please? Remember, they did market research, and found their guests want more shopping. There's simply not enough shopping where they live, on the Internet, short drives away from their houses; they need to come to Florida, pay $81 per person per day and shop. Conversely, there's an Adventurer's Club in every town giving quality drinking entertainment; it's just that it's so exclusive that you don't know about it. Neither do I, but that's beside the point.

[/rant]
Would that be the same market research that told them the people wanted smaller portions served because, basically, they were getting more food then they deserved for what they paid? Ya gotta love marketing research.

:goofy: :goofy:

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:45 pm

DonutGoddess wrote:Hmmm... well I say a True Blood attraction would be far more interesting than a Twilight ride. But then again the scene where they are climbing redwood trees looked pretty interesting.
DEXTER -The dark ride !

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:51 pm

delsdad wrote:DEXTER -The dark ride !
The *very* dark ride! :twisted:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:57 pm

kcberlin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by kcberlin » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:06 pm

I've been out for quite awhile, but just got an e-mail from Universal and thought I'd bring this thread back from the dead...

Is this one of the replacements for Jaws?

The opinions expressed here may not be those of kcberlin. Sometimes I just like to stir shit.:twisted: