Things that make you crazy!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: Things that make you crazy!

Post by BRWombat » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:01 am

Typhooner wrote:Hey Everybody! So I just found this site and I love it already! ...
Hi, Typhooner!

:sgthello:

:D: :D: :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:03 am

Image Typhooner!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:22 am

Christmas music does make me crazy, and I believe that Epcot and Studios have the same Christmas loop, I know I've heard some of the same versions songs in both parks.

Chains drive me crazy, kids playing with chains, people sitting on chains.

Then there are the kids who press the seatbelt button a million times as they are waiting to get off... ugh

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:46 pm

Greetings Typhooner, I am the resident dragon and would like to offer you a very warm* welcome to that slice of the internet we call SGT. This website contains threads with quick twists and turns and I would like to advise you to not try too hard to keep up with them. Please keep your hands, arms, and legs safely inside the website at all times and enjoy your stay.

*this instance of warm is actually hot**... very hot

**this instance of hot means that you are now literally on fire, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:49 am

Typhooner wrote:Hey Everybody! So I just found this site and I love it already!

So, one of my biggest pet peeves is when a guest has been standing in line for ten minutes, looking at a menu overhead and looking at the same menu that was given to them by the Greeter and when they finally get up to the register to place their order, THEN they ask their kids what they want to eat. Of course the kids are extremely indecisive and, after asking and asking, the parent just chooses something for their child anyway.
Worse is when they say they are all finished and then say they're on the dining plan and ask what it comes with!!

Phew, there are so many, I'm surprised I haven't gone absolutely crazy yet :rolleyes:
Hi Typhooner, and welcome!

I would add to that, do they *really* need to bring the entire family in the line with them? I'm not talking about a single parent who needs to keep the kids handy, and I'm not talking about bringing enough people to carry the trays. I'm talking about Mom, Dad, a variable number of kids (they keep running in and out of the line), Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Tilly, Uncle Ned, and a cast of thousands!

I also like it when I get the evil eye for using both sides of the podium, even though the cast members have been announcing it at regular intervals ever since we walked into the building.

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:04 pm

Lasolimu wrote:Greetings Typhooner, I am the resident dragon and would like to offer you a very warm* welcome to that slice of the internet we call SGT. This website contains threads with quick twists and turns and I would like to advise you to not try too hard to keep up with them. Please keep your hands, arms, and legs safely inside the website at all times and enjoy your stay.

**this instance of hot means that you are now literally on fire, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience
*comes by and sweeps up the ashes...*

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:23 pm

While in the grocery store the other day, I was suddenly reminded of one of my personal favorite Dirty Tricks the SG's can pull. :mad:

Where they will send their kids to push up threw the line, then they follow effectively "line cutting" because "Hey, my kid is up there".
This is followed by the "One person in line and here come 10-100+ teenagers/adults pushing and shoving to "catch up to their party" because they where off doing something else.

Some parks don't allow this anymore but most of the time it's up to the guests to police this and most of them won't. They'll let them pass and quietly stew in anger while waiting like the rest of the people in line.

It's like when your standing in line for a theater, looking around you just know someplace near by there is the SG family. You know it's coming your just not sure which direction the attack will come from. You know it.. the pushing the kids ahead of you, in a herd mentality, shoving you or anyone out of the way because they JUST HAVE to get into that theater first.

Although I LOVE to watch them get madder then hell when their told to keep moving to the end of the row or they will be asked to leave! :twisted:

Also, Welcome Typhooner! :D:

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:45 am

I know I told this story before but I don't remember if it was here. I was standing in line to see the Lion King show. Waiting for the doors to open. Along came a mother and a daughter behind me. They stood there for a few minutes then I noticed the young girl slowly sidestepping her way toward the front of the line. It took her nearly 5 minutes and she was obvious as hell about it.

When she made it to the front of the line she waved to her mother and yelled out..."I'm up here mom, waiting for you". Then Mom, excused herself saying that she had to get to her daughter and moved up through the line. It was so rehearsed that it was almost comical. No one made any effort at all to stop them. There was a reason though...there were only about 24 people in line and it was only seconds before the door opened. No one was going to get a bad seat in the theater.

:goofy: :goofy:

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:34 pm

Lasolimu wrote:Greetings Typhooner, I am the resident dragon and would like to offer you a very warm* welcome to that slice of the internet we call SGT. This website contains threads with quick twists and turns and I would like to advise you to not try too hard to keep up with them. Please keep your hands, arms, and legs safely inside the website at all times and enjoy your stay.

Hot.