20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
ghostyroastytoasty
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Post by ghostyroastytoasty » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:23 pm

20k has been asked about a lot especially when the Fantasyland character festival was in place. One person in particular stated that since they are closing a lot of rides, he isn't getting his money's worth.. I guess he didn't notice all of the new additions since the closing of 20k!!! I guess he was just looking for something to complain about. Also, recently I overheard a guest complain that they wanted their money back because It's a Small World was down for refurbishment. She stated that it was her only reason for visiting the parks. Oh the Humanity!!!

CT CM

Grumpy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Post by Grumpy » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:02 am

ghostyroastytoasty wrote:Also, recently I overheard a guest complain that they wanted their money back because It's a Small World was down for refurbishment. She stated that it was her only reason for visiting the parks. Oh the Humanity!!!
Someone smack that woman upside the head for making a scene just because she came to see ONE attraction. And SMALL WORLD? (Pardon me, all you SW fans, I'm just dreading when I take my toddler, and the oh-so-terrible-knowledge that I MUST take him on that ride now.... )

I am not saying Stupidity should be illegal or anything!! But lets just remove the warning labels from hazardous items and let the problem solve itself.Author Unknown

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:30 am

I'm assuming we're talking about the Small World at Disneyworld, right? If so, that's even worse that her whole trip was for that. She needs to come out to California and see our SW, it's just so much better. And I'm not just saying that cause I work the attraction and have ride pride. :)

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:46 pm

lady ulrike wrote:I'm assuming we're talking about the Small World at Disneyworld, right? If so, that's even worse that her whole trip was for that. She needs to come out to California and see our SW, it's just so much better. And I'm not just saying that cause I work the attraction and have ride pride. :)
True that.

WDW got the Cliff Notes version of Small World, Pirates, Tiki Room, and Indy. OTOH, Disneyland has the short version of the Castle, Pooh, Monorail, and Tower of Terror, so it sort of evens out.

Zazu

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:58 pm

Yes I agree that your Pooh is better from what I have heard (I work DL's Pooh and someone actually thought DL's was better) But how can you say you have the better monorail or castle? That's apples and oranges.....

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

ghostyroastytoasty
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by ghostyroastytoasty » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:15 pm

From what I have been hearing, they are rehabbing some of the things in Small World to closer resemble the DL version.

CT CM

Dalisair
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Dalisair » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:25 pm

Zazu wrote:WDW got the Cliff Notes version of Small World, Pirates, Tiki Room, and Indy. OTOH, Disneyland has the short version of the Castle, Pooh, Monorail, and Tower of Terror, so it sort of evens out.
Wait ... we got the cliffnotes version of Tower? I keep hearing ours is better!?!?!?

Quit end of Sept.
Made the team name for Guest Reasearch, Team: Candy Coated Evil, Motto: This ain't no beach tan!

Grumpy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Grumpy » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:38 pm

Interesting. . .cliff notes for Disney attractions?

I am not saying Stupidity should be illegal or anything!! But lets just remove the warning labels from hazardous items and let the problem solve itself.Author Unknown

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:15 pm

Dalisair wrote:Wait ... we got the cliffnotes version of Tower? I keep hearing ours is better!?!?!?
DL has no fifth demention which is the scene in the ride when the ride vechile moves forward. Also WDW Tower has a randomized drop sequence, when I believe that DL doesn't have the randomized drop sequence.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:47 pm

Dalisair wrote:
Zazu wrote:WDW got the Cliff Notes version of Small World, Pirates, Tiki Room, and Indy. OTOH, Disneyland has the short version of the Castle, Pooh, Monorail, and Tower of Terror, so it sort of evens out.
Wait ... we got the cliffnotes version of Tower? I keep hearing ours is better!?!?!?
See my review (click here) it explains the differences pretty well.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."