speiling...

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
PrncssCinderAlly
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

speiling...

Post by PrncssCinderAlly » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:58 am

OK so heres the deal:
i work on the haunted mansion and we have our usual theme phrases, etc. But recently i got trained at splash and dispatch has a very different feel. Obviously saying "welcome back (lumberjack/ splashers/ loggers)" etc isnt very fun every 13 seconds. I have a couple fun speils, but does anyone else have any fun speils to use at splash or any universal ones or just plain favs that they use at other attractions? Post em below and share the wealth!!!

.:~*A dream is a wish your heart makes*~:.

NO, you CANT unrinate in a waterbottle at front group before you ride this attraction...PLEASE LEAVE!!!

Karnever
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Location: JungleCuise,Tiki,Big Thunder Mountain,Indy,Splash, Mansion,Twain,Columbia,Pooh

Post by Karnever » Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:23 am

I usually just say welcome back every now and then.. Im not going to say it to every single log to much talking and most the time during the week A certian "A" is yapping my head off with her Drama.....

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:42 am

Well at Pooh one of my fellow CMs likes to give the kids the weather forcast for the Hundred Acre Woods before the get dispatched

"Weather today, blustry with a chance of showers"

I like to tell them to

"Watch out for Heffalumps and Woozles, they steal honey"

Then I get asked what a Heffalump and Woozle is......

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

fantasmike
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by fantasmike » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:29 pm

I LOVE SPEILING!!! I would recomend using some phrases like on jungle:

Welcome back splashers, gather your belongings watch that step, and exit to your left hand side

Welcom back splashers....GET OUT....Oh, That was kinda rude, please GET OUT, To your left that is! HAve a great day, and thanks for splashing with us.

Just make it humorous anyway you can! Considering splash is somewhat of a thrill ride, considering it has that one large drop, Which I LOVE!!!! When they come back, I would count them with your fingers, and make sure they are all there, it is dumb, but it is disneyland, you can act like that!

Just be creative! I sometimes work in mickeys theatre, My speil is supposed to be: Hello ladies and gentelmen, you are in line to meet mickey mouse, and if you would not like to meet mickey, exit out to yout right" That is what I am suppsed to say. BUt I make member of the mickey mouse club, give show times, and present birthdays! I LOVE having fun with the guests, especially if they are open to it!

Remember, you work at disneyland, you are going to be there for hours! Make the best you can out of it!

how many in your party?

"um.....1, 2, 4....we have 5, and a half!"

Aww, so you must be the half, becasue you're the moron with half a brain!

Thatguy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Thatguy » Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:50 pm

and as a former jungle CM I ask that you remember that if you use a jungle joke at another attraction, that means that they hear it twice if they ride jungle. especially if it's a regular joke at jungle. that makes it kind of a let down for whichever time they hear it second.

"How many people woke up this morning saying 'I have to do the Jungle Cruise?' yeah, me too, I sat on the edge of my bed crying for half an hour."

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:47 pm

Welcome back adventurers please exit to the (proper side of transport, depending on station) or many happy returns, please exit. or my favorite is to make big hand motions at south advance, whilst not talking at all. I often times steal the slide all the way down speil, (slide down, personal space= room for more.) at film 1. there's not much that can be said at indy, but it's always fun to act like the car isn't working right.

Gimme some soft serve!

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:13 pm

Usually at GMR since I've either been a gangster or a bandit just before I leave my guests I'm threating to kill them. Then again when I leave my guests it's because I've just "died"

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:29 am

one of the many downsides to working in foods. no speiling.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

DLSweeper
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DLSweeper » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:23 am

No spieling in Custodial but we can have theme talking. However, almost no one uses it. ;_;

Usually, I call all of the lil girls "Princess" and the boys are either "Buddy" or "Space Scout" and both together are "Mousekateers". Makes them feel a lil more important. However, yeah, make it fun!

Welcome back lumberjacks, please exit to your left and have a zippidy do da day!

Welcome back splashers, please hop on out to your left and have a wonederful day!

Welcome back loggers, please exit to your left and thanks for not leavin' us high and dry.

That's all that I can think of for you.

"I have a stupid question for you."

"Can I have a map?"

"Where is the restroom?"

"Do you work here?"

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:38 pm

Aboard the WDW Railroad, especially when the automatic speil box is broken:

"Welcome aboard! This is your Captain speaking. We'll be cruising today at an altitiude of about four and a half inches at speeds up to twelve miles per hour. Visibility is good, with a 30% chance of calliope-playing pigs.

"In the unlikely event that we experience a water landing, compartments in the overhead will open, and pixies will sprinkle you with drownproofing dust. Your seat cusion could be used as a flotation device, except that their bolted down ... much like your lunch, I expect.

"Emergency exits are located to the left and right of each seat. Please do not use the emergency exits until and unless the flight crew informs you that an emergency actually exists. Changing your mind about seat partners does not constitue an emergency!

"While your flight is in progress, please do not get up and walk about the cabin, as there's nowhere to go. We ask that you refrain from smoking while aboard. We also strongly suggest you refrain from eating, but that's because we've eaten airling food before.

"Thank you for flying with us, and we hope you have a pleasant flight and a safe landing."

Zazu