Secret CoAde words

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Secret CoAde words

Post by NemoRanger » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:51 pm

This evening the conversation in the breakroom turned to code words at Universal. A CM was saying that friends who work for Universal told her about secret code words team members use to let each other know they work there or are good friends with someone who works there. For example if you went up to a team member at the Forbidden Journey and said "Dumbledore sent me" they would let you skip to the front of the line.

I know people working at attractions with fast pass lanes will let friends/family use the fast pass lane. So I would assume this is the same for Universal. I just never heard of any general code used by all CM. Anybody know if this is true? If it is I would sure love a list of the code words to use.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Secret CoAde words

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:15 pm

Universal Team Members are not supposed to let people just come through the Express Pass system. Not good for the job.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:19 pm

There certainly weren't any such code words at Magic Kingdom attractions while I was there.

I am aware that some CMs would let their friends use FastPass --- I'm also aware of CMs who got disciplined for doing so. It's not good for job security!

Would I give special consideration to a CM? Occasionally, but only if I knew them or became aware they were a CM without them flaunting it. But never anything I wasn't allowed to do for a guest just to create some magic.

Besides, if there were such code words, and they ever reached the Interwebz, don't you think the Board-Xers would be all over it like flies on manure?

Zazu

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:39 pm

Zazu wrote:Besides, if there were such code words, and they ever reached the Interwebz, don't you think the Board-Xers would be all over it like flies on manure?
Or even white on rice!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:12 pm

thell them to say,
Hagrid's farts smell fruity,
to get a free special gift.
yeah, the gift of laughter...

Corey

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:24 am

I think we missed an opportunity here. We could have made up some code words that were pretty interesting just so folks would go up to CM's and say them and look like jackasses.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:33 pm

DonutGoddess wrote:I think we missed an opportunity here. We could have made up some code words that were pretty interesting just so folks would go up to CM's and say them and look like jackasses.
Ceviche!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

KingsIslander
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Kings Island

Post by KingsIslander » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:39 pm

We actually do kind of have it where I work. In Food, we have to replace a guest's food if we see them drop it... even if it's not something we sell at our stands. If we see someone drop, say, ribs at a hot dog stand, we just write a note saying we saw them drop it, write what stand we work at, and initial it... here's the secret: it's not like we actually know each other's initials, and it's not like anyone (except me) actually calls the other stand to confirm that it's not a a fake. I'm so glad the SGs haven't figured *that* one out yet. :rolleyes:

&quot wrote: "You can't arrest me for jogging on the railroad tracks!"
2010-2011: Food and Beverage
2012-Present: Admissions/Park Operations

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:42 pm

hobie16 wrote:Or even white on rice!
Well, perhaps, but I like the comparison of Board-Xers to flies better.

Zazu

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:44 pm

KingsIslander wrote:We actually do kind of have it where I work. In Food, we have to replace a guest's food if we see them drop it... even if it's not something we sell at our stands. If we see someone drop, say, ribs at a hot dog stand, we just write a note saying we saw them drop it, write what stand we work at, and initial it... here's the secret: it's not like we actually know each other's initials, and it's not like anyone (except me) actually calls the other stand to confirm that it's not a a fake. I'm so glad the SGs haven't figured *that* one out yet. :rolleyes:
This is why Disney invented the "No Strings Attached" cards. Makes it all traceable.

Now, if they'd only let us have a few....

Zazu