Pet Peeve

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Pet Peeve

Post by NemoRanger » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:21 pm

Tonight seemed to be the night guest were striking every pet peeve of mine. Just as soon as I would get over being annoyed by one guest another would do the same thing or try one of my other nerves.

OK, We have ropes up for a reason. I am so tired of people totally ignoring ropes and going over or under them. I actually had people try and bypass the line by climbing under ropes. When I stopped them and pointed back at the line they look back and go OH I didn't see the line.

I actually have a guest shove his kid under the ropes. When I said NO he said he just wanted a quick picture. Again I pointed to the 20min line. He huffed and stormed off.

I had a make a wish family come up for some pictures. They wish kid was over the moon with excitment as he got to meet his favorite characters. Meanwhile some JERK screamed MOVE ON. Then started complaining to me the wish family was taking to long. A nice as possible I said "SIR, They are a make a wish familiy, do you understand what that is or what it means." he responds "yes and I dont care they are taking to much time her. " At which point I said " they are make a wish and can take all the time they want, I am not going to shove them out of here"

Best part is when the jerk asked me to take a picture of his family. I said just said NO, I will not, move on please.

Lastly was the woman with a GAC card who saw the make a wish family jump the line. I explained to her that her card was to provide an alternate entrance for attractions and we are not an attraction and had no need for alternate entrance. She then continues to complain and tells me her child has exactly the same problem as the make a wish kid so they should be able to jump the line. I almost lost it and decided this would be a good time for me to just WALK AWAY and cool down. Thank god backup came and handled this horrible woman.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Pet Peeve

Post by drcorey » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:50 pm

NemoRanger wrote:Tonight seemed to be the night guest were striking every pet peeve of mine. Just as soon as I would get over being annoyed by one guest another would do the same thing or try one of my other nerves.

OK, We have ropes up for a reason. I am so tired of people totally ignoring ropes and going over or under them. I actually had people try and bypass the line by climbing under ropes. When I stopped them and pointed back at the line they look back and go OH I didn't see the line.

I actually have a guest shove his kid under the ropes. When I said NO he said he just wanted a quick picture. Again I pointed to the 20min line. He huffed and stormed off.

I had a make a wish family come up for some pictures. They wish kid was over the moon with excitment as he got to meet his favorite characters. Meanwhile some JERK screamed MOVE ON. Then started complaining to me the wish family was taking to long. A nice as possible I said "SIR, They are a make a wish familiy, do you understand what that is or what it means." he responds "yes and I dont care they are taking to much time her. " At which point I said " they are make a wish and can take all the time they want, I am not going to shove them out of here"

Best part is when the jerk asked me to take a picture of his family. I said just said NO, I will not, move on please.

Lastly was the woman with a GAC card who saw the make a wish family jump the line. I explained to her that her card was to provide an alternate entrance for attractions and we are not an attraction and had no need for alternate entrance. She then continues to complain and tells me her child has exactly the same problem as the make a wish kid so they should be able to jump the line. I almost lost it and decided this would be a good time for me to just WALK AWAY and cool down. Thank god backup came and handled this horrible woman.
they dont have any idea what make a wish really is.
if the family wants it, the charactors will make them a pizza and bring it to thier room. and desert, and feed it to them if they want. Disney will do almost anything for that company.
If they want mary and burt singing rap in thier room at midnight, just let them know what day.

Corey

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:11 pm

Sadly some people have 'no' clue.
It's all about "THEM". :mad:

(good sci-fi movie btw)

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Mr. D. » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:15 pm

No condoning the jerk by any means, but I think there should be a limit to the MAW. You know, get to jump the line, maybe get an extra min or 2, but nothing over board. That's really not fair to the other guest who are not jerks and waiting patiently in line to meet their favorite character too so that their kids can be "over the moon with excitement".

I am all for special kids getting special things, and I think Disney is one of the best companies to do this. But the other guest are just as important.

Just an idea, maybe there could be a separate meet & greet location for MAW only. Maybe indoors with A/C so the character can spend a little longer with those guest. It could help reduce the "jerks" outburst.

Please do not flame me for this. I am just trying to look at both sides of the situation and see if there is a reasonable solution that could help everyone. :)

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:05 am

I agree that it may be very hard for a kid to understand why things don't seem balanced, but once they ARE old enough, it is a great time to remind them how LUCKY they are they are at a Disney Park PERIOD. Parents are setting up their kids for A LOT of disappointment by meeting ALL of their expectations, and pouting,fuming,and threatening if something fails to happen. See a relative's kid being raised this way..... :eek:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:21 am

Make a Wish children have a life threatening medical condition. I still think there are a lot of folks who don't understand this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Mr. D. » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:29 am

DonutGoddess wrote:Make a Wish children have a life threatening medical condition. I still think there are a lot of folks who don't understand this.
So for that reason alone, shouldn't they have a private meeting with characters, and not have to go out into the hot sun to meet them? :)

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:53 pm

I'm highly torn on this issue for the same reasons as Mr.D and NemoRanger.

My only problem is in my experience it's the MAW families, the parents to be exact, who tend to be the demanding jerks. I can say in all the years I worked for theme parks, I've only met one single MAW family that was pleasant and thankful. The rest have used their kids illness to get exactly what the parent wants, when the parent wants it to the point I've even seen many the MAW children embarrassed about their parents actions.
I'm very sorry your child is ill and will happily go out of my way for your child to make sure they have a great experience. You parent, are STILL a jerk! This is about your child, not you, making it about you makes you the worst kind of human being I can think of. :mad:

Personally I think Mr.D is onto something. There could easily be a set time of the day (Say 1pm) in each park where the most popular characters meet for an hour or so to spend time in a closed location with the MAW kids in attendance that day. Controlled a closed "Private" event is much easier and would cut down on the SG problem. Plus since it would be an indoor area the Characters wouldn't be so hard pressed with the heat and it really wouldn't cost the parks extra.

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:18 pm

Darksin wrote:I'm highly torn on this issue for the same reasons as Mr.D and NemoRanger.

My only problem is in my experience it's the MAW families, the parents to be exact, who tend to be the demanding jerks. I can say in all the years I worked for theme parks, I've only met one single MAW family that was pleasant and thankful. The rest have used their kids illness to get exactly what the parent wants, when the parent wants it to the point I've even seen many the MAW children embarrassed about their parents actions.
I'm very sorry your child is ill and will happily go out of my way for your child to make sure they have a great experience. You parent, are STILL a jerk! This is about your child, not you, making it about you makes you the worst kind of human being I can think of. :mad:

Personally I think Mr.D is onto something. There could easily be a set time of the day (Say 1pm) in each park where the most popular characters meet for an hour or so to spend time in a closed location with the MAW kids in attendance that day. Controlled a closed "Private" event is much easier and would cut down on the SG problem. Plus since it would be an indoor area the Characters wouldn't be so hard pressed with the heat and it really wouldn't cost the parks extra.
yeah, I noticed this too, ok kid has reservations for the after life, hey, lets ride them for all we can get. it's still abuseing the system thou, companys try to be nice thou and ignore the "one big last free party" people. they just want to make the kid happy for the rest of thier time.

Corey

Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Mr. D. » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:25 pm

Darksin wrote:Personally I think Mr.D is onto something. There could easily be a set time of the day (Say 1pm) in each park where the most popular characters meet for an hour or so to spend time in a closed location with the MAW kids in attendance that day. Controlled a closed "Private" event is much easier and would cut down on the SG problem. Plus since it would be an indoor area the Characters wouldn't be so hard pressed with the heat and it really wouldn't cost the parks extra.

That's a great time frame, they could even make it a character lunch meet and greet. The family could get a free or discounted meal, the kids eat free of course, and the characters come around table to table. Each family would have to have "reservations" to do this, so Disney could find out what the child's favorite character is and make sure that character was there.