Top 5 worst attractions at WDW

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Amphigorey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Top 5 worst attractions at WDW

Post by Amphigorey » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:31 am

I'd be a lot happier with the Tomorrowland Speedway if they'd just make the cars electric or solar powered. That would at least hint at a futuristic theme, not to mention they'd be a lot less noisy and smelly.

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:15 am

Solar are electric cars on the track would be an amazing concept. I am one of the weird people that love the smell of gasoline and oil. I wouldn't want to work the attraction and be in all day but a wiff here and there brings back a flood of good memories for me.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:29 pm

krnlmustrd wrote:Okay, perhaps your right, but surely they could come up with a better theme for this. Why is it the "Tomorrowland" Speedway when there isn't anything remotely "Tomorrowland" about it?
It's tomorrow compared to the rest of the lands. There's no other place an internal combustion engine in a race car fits. :)

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:04 pm

WEDFan wrote:It's tomorrow compared to the rest of the lands. There's no other place an internal combustion engine in a race car fits. :)
I always thought that is was more along the lines of "Because before you know it, tomorrow you'll be driving too" which when a kids is an awesome thought. All that freedom, Hell yeah man!
As an adult, that's a little morbid because now you realize car=money and to get the money it equals job. :rolleyes:

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

Fry
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Fry » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:22 pm

5. Kali Rapids
Not really a fan of rapid rides.

4.Stitch's Great Escape
Aside from replacing a great, well executed, more adult aimed attraction, they could have at least done more than change the sound track, reskin the animatronics and add bad smells.

3.Test Track
Way to make a "thrill ride" boring, Disney!

2.Dinosaur
Not so much the ride itself, but the fact they "tied" it into the movie. They didn't really tie it into the movie at all. I watched that movie, and I don't recall time rovers, Cosby's TV wife, or the dude from CSI being in it! What gives?

1. American Idol
I completely understand why they would have this, and I agree with its location. Its absolutely perfectly themed at a "movie studio", and even more so that one of the (now) judges has their own attraction in the same park. At the same time, someone has to lose right? I mean it just doesn't seem right to me for someone to take a Disney vacation just to be reminded of that quote from Homer Simpson, "No matter how good you are, there's always someone better." Then again, its the guests choice to participate. Just seems a little counter productive to me. Also the whole making Fantasmic now only a few times a week.

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:31 pm

Fry wrote:5. Kali Rapids
Not really a fan of rapid rides.
I think that the Congo River Rapids at Busch Gardens and Blutos Bilge Rat Barges at Universal are much better as rapid rides go.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:09 am

If I might swerve slightly off-topic for a moment...

Bear in mind, I have nether seen the original Alien Encounter attraction, nor the Stitch-themed replacement. However, going on the majority of comments I've seen made by the two, I am willing to accept that the former was much better over-all than the latter. Still, again based on what I've read, I can understand why Disney decided to change the attraction.

Yes, it was something that adults could enjoy. The problem is that one of the things that makes Disney's resorts great is that the attractions seem to be designed to be "fun for the whole family". True, some may be too intense for the very young (I could see little ones not enjoying Temple of the Forbidden Eye) or won't appeal as much to older guests (say, the Dumbo ride, though I might still ride it for nostalgia sake), I would say the vast majority allow most if not all the family to ride.

Alien Encounter...well, I think it might have scared the heebee-jeebees out of an adult like me, never mind your average child. True, there are other attractions out there that aren't very kid-friendly, usually it is because they are "thrill rides", rather than a "show-style" attraction, so that might be another reason why it seemed oddly out-of-place to various Disney-goers.

Now, in regards the Stitch's Great Escape....it has always sounded like someone dropped the ball on this one. Heck, it sounds like a stereotypical "upper middle-management" idea: "We need to make the alien thingie more family friendly. Hey! Let's stick in the Stooch..Sterch...Stitch, that's it, guy and make it all funny and such! Brilliant, and we'll sell more merchandise!" Not to say that doing such a show with Stitch couldn't have been done well...it just wasn't in this case.

Hmmm....think I'll start a new topic: "Better ideas for fixing/replacing Alien Encounter"....