scared little kids and revenge of the mummy

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: scared little kids and revenge of the mummy

Post by ktulu » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:02 am

I am no good in haunted houses. We went to the "scariest" one in the area once. I was like, the wolfman at the end of the table will jump up, guy jumping out of there, hands grab at you from there, guy over there. Even a friend of mine who was a cop jumped a couple of times. I was like, really? You didn't see that coming? He's no longer pursing law enforcement. One guy who worked there was like "dude, you're hard core." I'm thinking, no, I'm just observant!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:44 pm

ktulu wrote:I am no good in haunted houses. We went to the "scariest" one in the area once. I was like, the wolfman at the end of the table will jump up, guy jumping out of there, hands grab at you from there, guy over there. Even a friend of mine who was a cop jumped a couple of times. I was like, really? You didn't see that coming? He's no longer pursing law enforcement. One guy who worked there was like "dude, you're hard core." I'm thinking, no, I'm just observant!
And very logical! Yes we all know that we are NOT going to get hurt, but we FREAK ourselves out! By the time I enter the Tower of Terror Elevator, I'm always a nervous wreck! The actual ride goes so quickly, I scream then end up laughing at myself :o:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:27 pm

I did the same thing at Halloween Horror Nights. "Something must pop out there... and there... and there... and there. I was gonna try to freak out a Team member in the scare zones, but it just didn't work out the way I wanted.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:28 pm

I believe we have seen this sort of thing before: So-called adults and parents forcing little Timmy or Susy to ride on something they clearly are wary, if not out-right scared, of. While I'm not sure what CMs are instructed to do in those cases, I'm pretty sure we all agree that it is not right to insist that a small child go on a ride if they clearly believe it is too much for them.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:45 pm

I remember when I worked at Knott's, at Huff'N'Puff there was part of the queue for the vampire maze leading up to Balloon Race near Charlie Brown Speedway, and not a few kids and parents thought that the cars on Huff'N'Puff went through the maze. I quickly informed them, no, it didn't. At least one child asked me, during daylight hours, if monsters--BTW this was during Haunt--would come after them. I said "No! If a monster comes out during the day, they are fired at once! They are not allowed out during the day, only at night!" It was a very relieved child that then went on Huff'N'Puff. :D:

Near Philly
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Near Philly » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:16 pm

Big Wallaby wrote: I haven't seen Lasolimu in quite some time. Do we still have the... um... safety spiel?
I've got this one. edward1990,

Please keep your arms and legs inside the ride vehicle (thread) at all times.
Your ride vehicle may experience a sudden change in direction.
If your ride vehicle changes direction, it may never go back to it's original course.
This is normal and is no cause for alarm.
Thank you for riding SGT and have a stupidity free day.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:16 pm

Near Philly wrote:I've got this one. edward1990,

Please keep your arms and legs inside the ride vehicle (thread) at all times.
Your ride vehicle may experience a sudden change in direction.
If your ride vehicle changes direction, it may never go back to it's original course.
This is normal and is no cause for alarm.
Thank you for riding SGT and have a stupidity free day.
Thanks, NP. But it's missing something without the risk of instant death by fire.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:42 pm

Speaking of fire, Beavis and Butthead return Thursday.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:26 pm

BRWombat wrote:Thanks, NP. But it's missing something without the risk of instant death by fire.
But it was a very good attempt. Can I get you a blowtorch, or a flamethrower?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Near Philly
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Near Philly » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:13 am

Maybe.
Not being a dragon is a detriment to that whole instant death by fire thing.
Although if your dragon was trained better it wouldn't have disappeared :D:

I can threaten people with the giant fruit bat on my back, but it's just not the same. (tattoo, not a real one)

And remember, he tweaked my safety spiel when I wasn't posting much here and took over.