scared little kids and revenge of the mummy

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
edward1990
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

scared little kids and revenge of the mummy

Post by edward1990 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:40 pm

has any one ever been to Universal florida and rode revenge of the mummy and had to deal with stupid parents bringing little kids on it

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: scared little kids and revenge of the mummy

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:43 pm

I have not. Did you?

I think in such situation, since I have been on it several times now, I just might turn around and say something like, "Well, that wasn't Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, now, was it?"

Depends how snarky I feel that day.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

edward1990
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by edward1990 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:39 pm

ive seen it happen this kid behind me screamed and cried right behind me and the parents after the ride said were upset and complained that they should not of tried to target this ride to young kids

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:28 pm

Back in 06,my 'adopted' grandson was scared of damn near evrything at Disneyland including "Roger Rabbit'. :(

On behalf of the BDoSGT,,,Welcome,take your pick edward1990,

:pepper: :beer: :beer: :rumncoke:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

edward1990
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by edward1990 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:55 pm

my issue with little kids on the ROTM is that parents were pretty much dragging them on the ride

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:17 pm

Universal usually has a Baby Swap area in front of their rides. I remember them in Island's of Adventure. Looked handy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:35 pm

On behalf of the Marsupial Welcoming Committee, I need to first apologize. So I am sorry. I forgot to properly welcome you to SGT. So,

:sgthello:

I haven't seen Lasolimu in quite some time. Do we still have the... um... safety spiel?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:52 pm

Image edward1990!

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:36 pm

Not the ride, but I remember "The Curse of the Mummy" maze @ Universal Studios Hollywood.

Oh man. I had two instances where I had a kid freaking/spazzing out in that maze. Once, it was a younger kid and his dad. I mean, the kid was probably really scared, but the way he was freaking out was hilarious.

"Oh mah gawd DAD A SNAKE AHHHH OH MAH GAWD AHHH!"

The dad was just laughing and laughing. I couldn't help but chuckle because the kid was *so* over the top in the way he was freaking out. I think after the maze was done he punched his dad in the butt, really hard. Which made me laugh even harder.

The other time was when my younger cousin went thru the maze. After finding out that I went on it with my dad already, he started talking tough about how the maze must not be that scary and he could do it no problem, etc etc. But when it came time to get in the maze.

"I DON'T WANNA GO IN THEY'RE GONNA EAT ME AHHH!"
"NOOOO THIS IS TOO SCARY AHHH! DON"T LET THE MUMMY EAT ME AHHH!"

This basically went on thru the whole maze. It was pretty hilarious, because he wussed out and was hiding behind someone about half-way thru the maze.

At the end of the maze, they had these big tall monsters, and one started moving towards him, and he took off like a jet. He never spoke about the maze or how "not scary" the it was ever again.

Ahh, good times.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:36 am

Freak wrote:Not the ride, but I remember "The Curse of the Mummy" maze @ Universal Studios Hollywood.

Oh man. I had two instances where I had a kid freaking/spazzing out in that maze. Once, it was a younger kid and his dad. I mean, the kid was probably really scared, but the way he was freaking out was hilarious.

"Oh mah gawd DAD A SNAKE AHHHH OH MAH GAWD AHHH!"

The dad was just laughing and laughing. I couldn't help but chuckle because the kid was *so* over the top in the way he was freaking out. I think after the maze was done he punched his dad in the butt, really hard. Which made me laugh even harder.

The other time was when my younger cousin went thru the maze. After finding out that I went on it with my dad already, he started talking tough about how the maze must not be that scary and he could do it no problem, etc etc. But when it came time to get in the maze.

"I DON'T WANNA GO IN THEY'RE GONNA EAT ME AHHH!"
"NOOOO THIS IS TOO SCARY AHHH! DON"T LET THE MUMMY EAT ME AHHH!"

This basically went on thru the whole maze. It was pretty hilarious, because he wussed out and was hiding behind someone about half-way thru the maze.

At the end of the maze, they had these big tall monsters, and one started moving towards him, and he took off like a jet. He never spoke about the maze or how "not scary" the it was ever again.

Ahh, good times.
I went through that Maze :eek:
Very Scary! So Scary that even tho I knew better, I SHOVED an actor who jumped out at me away :o:
I immediately apologized,of course.

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D: