Stupid ruins another great Ride- IoA

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Stupid ruins another great Ride- IoA

Post by Darksin » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:01 pm

Dueling Dragons will apparently never duel again, since people are to stupid to pay attention to "Secure Loose Articles" or free lockers. :mad:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business ... 1498.story

A once amazing coaster has now become just mediocre.

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Stupid ruins another great Ride- IoA

Post by Shorty82 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:21 pm

I heard that on the radio when I woke up this morning. It's a shame. Since the latest incident where a man lost his eye due to some sort of flying debris they haven't been dueling while they figure out a solution. I was hoping the solution would be something that would allow them to duel again.

Dueling Dragons no longer duels, or to use it's current name, the challenge is gone from Dragon Challenge.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:28 pm

From the article.
Precisely what happened in the two incidents remains a mystery. Universal will not discuss the findings of its review, though the resort's statements in the aftermath of the two incidents — in which it reminded guests of its long-standing policy to secure all loose items before boarding the coasters — suggest that they may have been caused by items falling out of guests' hands or pockets as the coasters raced along their tracks.
I don't think these incidents were accidental and were probably caused by the intentional acts of some of some SGs tossing objects at the other coaster, as they passed each other. Normally, the ride attendants make sure that guests don't have any objects on them that could potentially be tossed or fall off and hit others. Guests aren't even allowed to have a small fanny pack and they will make them store any items they spot in a locker. This has been their policy even before these incidents occured. None of the reports I have seen in the news actually say what objects caused the damages, but I bet they aren't eye/sun glasses, hats, flip-flops, or birds.

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:35 pm

Well imagine what affect a penny could have if tossed from a moving coaster. It's not like you can search people's pockets.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:21 pm

Pocket items was my original bet, you'd be shocked at what you find on a normal coaster once it shuts down for the night. I can only imagine what flies out of pockets with a floor-less, dueling coaster.
Even with the nets on Rock'N'RollerCoaster we used to find enough change in that ride building to buy everyone pizza for lunch (including Maintenance and Janitorial) once a month. I'm sure if someone just walked along the ground at Dragon Challenge they'd find plenty of objects which could be blamed.

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:08 pm

Unfortunately, I think part of the problem is that what is defined as a "loose item" can vary greatly from person to person. For example, I think a lot of folks wouldn't consider something in a pocket as a loose item. However, as has been mentioned in previous posts, this is obviously not the case. Clearer instructions might have helped, such as "All packs, hats, glasses, and items in pockets must be stowed in the provided lockers in order to ride this coaster." Of course, this doesn't prevent the problems caused by folks who ether decide they know better about what will fall out of their pockets, or decide they don't trust putting their stuff in a locker, or even those who think it would be fun to throw something at the riders in the other cars.

myky
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by myky » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:45 pm

Not the terrible tragedy of injury: but during the 2011 invasion of brazilian teens > On space mt. the kids in the front car spit and yes landed right on me. It happened near the lighted area [during the ride] and the light just caught him doing it and no time to react. Ugh.

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:38 am

myky wrote:Not the terrible tragedy of injury: but during the 2011 invasion of brazilian teens > On space mt. the kids in the front car spit and yes landed right on me. It happened near the lighted area [during the ride] and the light just caught him doing it and no time to react. Ugh.
Seagull got me one day at the bottom of Splash Mountain. Yuck!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:09 pm

myky wrote:Not the terrible tragedy of injury: but during the 2011 invasion of brazilian teens > On space mt. the kids in the front car spit and yes landed right on me. It happened near the lighted area [during the ride] and the light just caught him doing it and no time to react. Ugh.
I got that beat. I had a kid in front of me throw up his lunch all over and cover me. I did get a new shirt out of it.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:27 am

NemoRanger wrote:I got that beat. I had a kid in front of me throw up his lunch all over and cover me. I did get a new shirt out of it.
New shirt is cool, but I don't think that you got a good deal out of it. Please note, I think Disney did all they should for you, but there is no way to make being thrown up on not suck.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?