Remembering Pleasure Island

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Remembering Pleasure Island

Post by WEDFan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:04 am

Freak wrote:Man, I'm upset I never got to check this out. Adventurer's Club sounds awesome.
The Adventurer's Club was a wonderful experience. I really do miss it. Truly unique.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:04 am

WEDFan wrote:The Adventurer's Club was a wonderful experience. I really do miss it. Truly unique.
Ditto.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:10 am

Ok. Time to recite the Adventurer's Creed...

Altogether now!
We climb the highest mountains,
just to get a better view.

We plumb the deepest oceans,
cause we're daring through and through.

We cross the scorching deserts,
martini in our hands.

We ski the polar ice caps,
in tuxedo looking grand.

We are reckless, brave, and loyal,
and valiant to the end.

If you come in here a stranger,
you will exit as a friend.

~Merriweather Adam Pleasure
:toast: :winetost: :D:

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:28 pm

When we went to Pleasure Island, my sisters and I went to the Comedy Club and the Adventure's Club.

We had so much fun. It is too bad that they took it out. All I know that is still there is: Cooke's of Dublin, Fulton's Crab House, Paradiso 37, Raglan Road, and I think Witzels Pretzels. I could be wrong too.

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:11 pm

turkeyham wrote:When we went to Pleasure Island, my sisters and I went to the Comedy Club and the Adventure's Club.

We had so much fun. It is too bad that they took it out. All I know that is still there is: Cooke's of Dublin, Fulton's Crab House, Paradiso 37, Raglan Road, and I think Witzels Pretzels. I could be wrong too.
We finally tried Fulton's last year for lunch. My Shrimp Po' Boy lived up to it's description, it was Po' and our waiter was terrible. He forgot to put our appetizer in and then tried to tell me that sometimes the appetizers come out after the main course.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:57 am

I've heard rumors that one of the streetmosphere "police officers" at Hollywood Studios may have, at one time, been a junior adventurer from Sandusky Ohio

The views and opinions expressed in this post do not represent those of the Walt Disney Company. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Caution: The moving rubber line is travelling at the same speed as you.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:22 am

hhsrat wrote:I've heard rumors that one of the streetmosphere "police officers" at Hollywood Studios may have, at one time, been a junior adventurer from Sandusky Ohio
I wouldnt doubt it. a lot of the actors came from the same agency.

Corey

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:57 pm

Yes the Adventures Club was amazing and I had a lot of fun but I do not miss that as much as thursday nights at Mannequins. There really was and still no club that could compare. I loved the spinning dancefloor, giant light wall the blast of cold fog when the floor got so hot.

I always loved thursday when it would start out full of tourist. Slowly all the gay castmembers would start filling the dance floor. Then there is that magical momment when some straight couple from Ohio realized they were dancing next to two guys bumping and grinding into each other.

The music, lights and bartenders where all amazing. That is the place I miss the most.

The comedy club was hilarious anytime as well. I love that Parliment house has been bringing the cast from comedy club back together each gay days since the demise of the clubs.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:04 pm

NemoRanger wrote:Then there is that magical momment when some straight couple from Ohio realized they were dancing next to two guys bumping and grinding into each other.
And then they look on the other side and see that the same thing is going on there... and over there... and over there...

I may be straight, but I would LOVE to see the look on their faces as they make that realization. You don't have video, do you?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Sioban
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Sioban » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:12 pm

F-land mainly hung out at 8-trax and we used to have so much fun there. I miss it.

When I wasn't with the crowd I would go to the Adventurer's Club and I was lucky enough to be there on the last night. It makes me sad just to think about it.