Clocking Out (Possibly for good)

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Re: Clocking Out (Possibly for good)

Post by CptnSkippy » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:57 am

Goofyernmost wrote:I know I'm not a CM and therefore don't have a need to know, but I really don't understand what was being said here. What happened and why. You don't have to tell me but, I really am having a problem getting the picture in my mind. Who was late? Why? What did that have to do with the Water Parks 50% discount? I'm so confused.
From the synopsis, the CM was still "on the clock" attempting to make a private purchase instead of being at his location, in costume and working.

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:44 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Twenty minutes. Getting fired over twenty minutes.

I can't say anything nice here about that...

Sorry, I can't bring myself to type the words Cast Member.
And this is roughly part of what caused me to voluntarily leave the company, except in my case since I manually clocked in and out it was a typo.

Kurt

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:14 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:I know I'm not a CM and therefore don't have a need to know, but I really don't understand what was being said here. What happened and why. You don't have to tell me but, I really am having a problem getting the picture in my mind. Who was late? Why? What did that have to do with the Water Parks 50% discount? I'm so confused.
The cast member was still officially on the clock and therefore was supposed to be in his work location working, not making private purchases. He should have waited until he was off the clock before buying the tickets.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:41 pm

CptnSkippy wrote:From the synopsis, the CM was still "on the clock" attempting to make a private purchase instead of being at his location, in costume and working.
Shorty82 wrote:The cast member was still officially on the clock and therefore was supposed to be in his work location working, not making private purchases. He should have waited until he was off the clock before buying the tickets.
Gotcha! Thanks.

:goofy: :goofy:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:11 am

kurtisnelson wrote:And this is roughly part of what caused me to voluntarily leave the company, except in my case since I manually clocked in and out it was a typo.
I would imagine in this case, since they pulled him up on CDS to look, that it wasn't an innocent mistake. And I would like to assume your situation is fairly rare.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Amphigorey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Amphigorey » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:42 pm

Is it possible that the CM got an ER that didn't make it into CDS?

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:10 pm

Amphigorey wrote:Is it possible that the CM got an ER that didn't make it into CDS?
Absolutely anything is possible with CDS.

Kurt

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Post by CptnSkippy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:25 am

Anytime I was ERd, I still clocked out on CDS.

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:07 am

Amphigorey wrote:Is it possible that the CM got an ER that didn't make it into CDS?
I doubt that as normally if you work in an area that uses CDS you clock in and out on it as well.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:46 am

Cheshire Figment wrote:At the water parks we will sell 50% discount tickets for Guests of CMs. Part of the procedure is a quick check in CDS to see that the ID is actually currently valid.
And if the cast member works in an area that doesn't use CDS?

The views and opinions expressed in this post do not represent those of the Walt Disney Company. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Caution: The moving rubber line is travelling at the same speed as you.