disney break ca vehicle codes

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: disney break ca vehicle codes

Post by hobie16 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:25 pm

ktulu wrote:Image
+1

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:53 pm

Back to the original topic, it could be a number of things why the vehicles have the color lights they do. They could have permission from the proper authority or maybe the lens just looks blue when the lights are off and are actually green or something (this is what I think is going on). A number of the newer security vehicles at WDW have green lights in their light bars along with amber. Also, the vehicles are mostly used on private property on private roads so can legally (AFAIK) have blue lights as long as said lights are never used on public roadways or used to make people pull over.
Alyssa3467 wrote:By your interpretation of the California Vehicle Code, the Disneyland Resort Fire Department vehicles are also in violation, since they have red strobe lights. I suspect that they count as "authorized emergency vehicles" despite their privately-owned nature.
DLR Fire Department is a fully certified fire department and is therefore allowed to have red emergency lights on their vehicles. I'd be surprised if they didn't have mutual aid deals with Anaheim and other area FDs and regularly respond to off-property emergencies. I know that Reedy Creek FD has mutual aid deals with the Orange County and Osceola County FDs and that they do get called out to emergencies off property.

OTOH, DLR Security are NOT a law enforcement agency (hence APD being on property) and therefore cannot use blue lights on public roadways without express permission from CHP, Anaheim PD or whoever it is that makes those decisions.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

security officer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by security officer » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:52 pm

yup dfd is in violations
25252. Every authorized emergency vehicle shall be equipped with at
least one steady burning red warning lamp visible from at least
1,000 feet to the front of the vehicle
[/I][/I]
to be used as provided in this
code.
In addition, authorized emergency vehicles may display revolving,
flashing, or steady red warning lights to the front, sides or rear of
the vehicles.

25252.5. (a) Every authorized emergency vehicle may be equipped
with a system which flashes the upper-beam headlamps of the vehicle
with the flashes occurring alternately from the front headlamp on one
side of the vehicle to the front headlamp on the other side of the
vehicle. The flashing of the headlamps shall consist only of
upper-beam flashing, and not the flashing of any other light beam.
(b) "Upper-beam headlamp," as used in this section, means a
headlamp or that part of a headlamp which projects a distribution of
light, or composite beam, so aimed and of such intensity as to reveal
persons and vehicles at a distance of at least 350 feet ahead for
all conditions of loading.
(c) The system provided for in subdivision (a) shall only be used
when an authorized emergency vehicle is being operated pursuant to
Section 21055.

If you run, you'll only go to jail tired.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:03 pm

security officer wrote:dfd is in violation cause 1.) they must have a continous soundng siren and a steady buring red light visable from a 1,000 feet
And you know they don't have those things how? Have you personally examined DFD's trucks? With all due respect it seems to me you're just trying to find things that Disney does wrong or illegally.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

security officer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by security officer » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:11 pm

Shorty82 wrote:And you know they don't have those things how? Have you personally examined DFD's trucks? With all due respect it seems to me you're just trying to find things that Disney does wrong or illegally.
i have disney engine run code 3 and they dont have have that and im an ex castmember

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Post by CptnSkippy » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:33 pm

Not to delve into the dark history of Disney, but sometimes you do things because you can and no one will tell you otherwise. (See Grumpy Pirate's post). Years ago, WDW security had all red warning lights until an incident occurred. (Security in Florida only were allowed to display amber). I believe they used to have yellow (gov't) tags, but that may be fuzzy memory.

The amber/green light-bar change was in statute recently and the WDW Security team is currently in compliance with applicable statutes.

Technically, Orange County Sheriff is in violation for having civilians drive vehicles with Red and White emergency lights, but who is going to cite them?

For California... I don't think Security counts as an Emergency vehicle, therefore not needing the steady-burn red to the front.

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

security officer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by security officer » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:44 pm

CptnSkippy wrote:Not to delve into the dark history of Disney, but sometimes you do things because you can and no one will tell you otherwise. (See Grumpy Pirate's post). Years ago, WDW security had all red warning lights until an incident occurred. (Security in Florida only were allowed to display amber). I believe they used to have yellow (gov't) tags, but that may be fuzzy memory.

The amber/green light-bar change was in statute recently and the WDW Security team is currently in compliance with applicable statutes.

Technically, Orange County Sheriff is in violation for having civilians drive vehicles with Red and White emergency lights, but who is going to cite them?

For California... I don't think Security counts as an Emergency vehicle, therefore not needing the steady-burn red to the front.
DFD does

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:46 pm

security officer wrote:yup dfd is in violations
25252. Every authorized emergency vehicle shall be equipped with at
least one steady burning red warning lamp visible from at least
1,000 feet to the front of the vehicle
[/I][/I]
to be used as provided in this
code.
In addition, authorized emergency vehicles may display revolving,
flashing, or steady red warning lights to the front, sides or rear of
the vehicles.

25252.5. (a) Every authorized emergency vehicle may be equipped
with a system which flashes the upper-beam headlamps of the vehicle
with the flashes occurring alternately from the front headlamp on one
side of the vehicle to the front headlamp on the other side of the
vehicle. The flashing of the headlamps shall consist only of
upper-beam flashing, and not the flashing of any other light beam.
(b) "Upper-beam headlamp," as used in this section, means a
headlamp or that part of a headlamp which projects a distribution of
light, or composite beam, so aimed and of such intensity as to reveal
persons and vehicles at a distance of at least 350 feet ahead for
all conditions of loading.
(c) The system provided for in subdivision (a) shall only be used
when an authorized emergency vehicle is being operated pursuant to
Section 21055.
Borrowing from K-Man...

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:17 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Being a Native Californian, I say Laugh all you want! Especially during Hurricane, Tornado, and Blizzard season ;)
See if you still feel the same when California breaks off of the mainland and floats out into the Pacific. I'll take the Hurricane, Tornado's or Blizzard over having a building falling on me for no good reason. I can run away and hide from all those other things, it's tough to dodge an earthquake. :cool:

I don't think I have ever been as nervous as I was when I went to Anaheim in 2005. It was shortly after Katrina, the wild fires were raging and being that it was October, they were experiencing some very hot weather. All the locals were sitting around talking about how they felt the "big one" was eminent. Here I was on the bottom floor of a 7 story hotel. I'm pretty sure I slept with my hands and arms held straight up over my head so they could catch the ceiling it if collapsed while I slept. :eek:

I spent a few days in San Francisco back in 1969 but since I was on the way to Vietnam, a little earthquake seemed like it would just be a minor annoyance. Never really thought about it back then. :tonbrick:

:goofy: :goofy:

MouseKiss
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by MouseKiss » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:28 pm

Back to the other topic in this thread. :)

I have always liked big thunderstorms and the tornados and the hail they can bring. I was in Wichita Falls in 1978 when that one hit. Very scary, but I also get the "That was Awesome!" feel afterwards. I guess I should have gotten into storm chasing but it never occurred to me when I was younger.

Supposedly thanks to the shale gas drilling, we are getting earthquakes in the D/FW area now. That seems to be making things a little more equal in the mother nature category.

I went to bootcamp and then was stationed at Treasure Island during my Navy stint. Always said, "California, a great place to visit, but I couldn't live here." :) No hard feelings were meant.