disney break ca vehicle codes

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: disney break ca vehicle codes

Post by PatchOBlack » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:05 pm

ktulu wrote:Image
As I said in my previous post, I am sure that the previous statements regarding folks living in California were done more or less with tongue in cheek. However, even though such jokes were not intended to be taken seriously, if one keeps being used as the butt of a joke, there comes a point when one is justified in saying "Give it a rest, will ya?". It's a bit like how many cashiers are tired of hearing customers say, when an item lacks a price tag or fails to scan into the register the joke "It's free then, right?".

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:08 pm

PatchOBlack wrote: It may also be that someone at Disney didn't know about that restriction, and it is simply a low priority for the police to come out and cite them for their infraction.
Find the idea Disney didn't know the restriction unbelievable. Nothing against you Patchy, but Disney is strict & knows codes. Police would not have to come out & cite for infraction. APD has an office on property. Has been there for yrs. I've been inside APD office & spoken with a few detectives - not often though. We have at least 2 APD cars in plain view behind stage at all times. One is always parked infront of DLS.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:13 pm

Main Streeter wrote:Find the idea Disney didn't know the restriction unbelievable. Nothing against you Patchy, but Disney is strict & knows codes. Police would not have to come out & cite for infraction. APD has an office on property. Has been there for yrs. I've been inside APD office & spoken with a few detectives - not often though. We have at least 2 APD cars in plain view behind stage at all times. One is always parked infront of DLS.
Yes, I'll admit, I find that idea unlikely as well. However, I felt I should include it as it is still a valid, if improbably, possibility. Stranger things have happened, after all.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:21 pm

Main Streeter wrote:The rest of the awesome evening, if I recall, was teaching DLS to pronounce ceviche. ;)
Three syllables, please. Unless you *want* the service staff snickering in the kitchen.

Zazu

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:25 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:As I said in my previous post, I am sure that the previous statements regarding folks living in California were done more or less with tongue in cheek. However, even though such jokes were not intended to be taken seriously, if one keeps being used as the butt of a joke, there comes a point when one is justified in saying "Give it a rest, will ya?". It's a bit like how many cashiers are tired of hearing customers say, when an item lacks a price tag or fails to scan into the register the joke "It's free then, right?".
Being a Native Californian, I say Laugh all you want! Especially during Hurricane, Tornado, and Blizzard season ;)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:26 pm

Zazu wrote:Three syllables, please. Unless you *want* the service staff snickering in the kitchen.
Not when one is from Va. :D: Service staff played along. Was classic! :cool:

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:26 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:First of all, if I may, I would like to remind my fellow forum dwellers that not only do some of us actually live in California, we enjoy living here, and find suggestions that one's mental abilities or stability would need to be in question to live here disheartening.
People from San Diego are still available to make fun of, right?

And in all honesty, why do you want to be stable? Further, having done it and enjoying it when I do go to pick up a shift, I say you have to be a little unstable to work for the mouse.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:29 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Being a Native Californian, I say Laugh all you want! Especially during Hurricane, Tornado, and Blizzard season ;)
Now, now, DisneyMom. Remember, we here in the Golden State are not immune from tornadoes and blizzards, though we do get affected by them to a much lesser degree. Besides, why tempt fate? :cat1:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:30 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:I say you have to be a little unstable to work for the mouse.
" a little?" :D:

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:34 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:Now, now, DisneyMom. Remember, we here in the Golden State are not immune from tornadoes and blizzards, though we do get affected by them to a much lesser degree. Besides, why tempt fate? :cat1:
Stuff does happen here, but usually not a Whole Season :eek:
yes,crossing fingers....

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D: