Mobile hotspots in the parks?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Mobile hotspots in the parks?

Post by felinefan » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:46 pm

My BIL worked for ATT and he admitted the company has gone downhill. I think he retired shortly after mom died. And if you need further proof, check out anything by ATT in Consumer Reports--they tend to be near the bottom.

TeamUBR
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TeamUBR » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:43 pm

felinefan wrote:My BIL worked for ATT and he admitted the company has gone downhill. I think he retired shortly after mom died. And if you need further proof, check out anything by ATT in Consumer Reports--they tend to be near the bottom.
Don't say that in front of an iPhone fanatic. I mentioned at work that I was waiting for the latest Verizon Droid phone (Bionic) to come out because the new iPhone 5 still won't be 4G. I got ripped by the i-fanatics. I was told anything from Apple was better than anything else... ever! And he (they) were certified Apple technicians.

I laughed and said if they were really certified Apple anything, they should know better. That didn't sit real well either. :D:

j

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:07 pm

TeamUBR wrote: I mentioned at work that I was waiting for the latest Verizon Droid phone (Bionic) to come out because the new iPhone 5 still won't be 4 G
Took my Droid back. Not At all what I wanted. Apple 6 will be out & 4 G compat. Just gotta wait. :(

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:16 pm

TeamUBR wrote:Don't say that in front of an iPhone fanatic. I mentioned at work that I was waiting for the latest Verizon Droid phone (Bionic) to come out because the new iPhone 5 still won't be 4G. I got ripped by the i-fanatics. I was told anything from Apple was better than anything else... ever! And he (they) were certified Apple technicians.

I laughed and said if they were really certified Apple anything, they should know better. That didn't sit real well either. :D:

j
Apple is not AT&T. I know plenty of I have a Verizon MiFi, works great when you have 4G. The 4G market is not wide spread enough. I'm not going to say Apple is better than anything else, but I will say they suck less ;)
Main Streeter wrote:Took my Droid back. Not At all what I wanted. Apple 6 will be out & 4 G compat. Just gotta wait. :(
My guess, the 4.5 will be out at the end of the year and the 5 will be out June/July (usual release cycle) next year. You don't have to wait long ;)

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:27 pm

ktulu wrote:My guess, the 4.5 will be out at the end of the year and the 5 will be out June/July (usual release cycle) next year. You don't have to wait long ;)
:p: Blah! Too long to wait. I just knew you'd read this post & reply. :D: So choose a Verizon cell for me & I will order. My renewal & contract date have been up since Aug. & Dec. I've never waited this long. Ever.

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:24 pm

You kids and your need to be connected 24/7. I'm still using my old Motorola Razr. I got dial tone, a contact list, and voice mail. That's all I need.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:22 pm

Main Streeter wrote:Took my Droid back. Not At all what I wanted. Apple 6 will be out & 4 G compat. Just gotta wait. :(
Who have I been texting to?? :eek:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:03 am

hobie16 wrote:I'm still using my old Motorola Razr. I got dial tone, a contact list, and voice mail.
hobie, I'm almost speechless. Almost. :rolleyes: The coolest guy around, the coolest SGT poster, wears the coolest sunglasses & you have a Razr? :confused: No music? No Ringback tones? No internet? No kidding? Well, I swanee. ;)

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:07 am

darph nader wrote:Who have I been texting to?? :eek:
The person who never txts you back? :p: Beats me. :D: He who still uses a can & a string. ;)

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:14 am

Main Streeter wrote:hobie, I'm almost speechless. Almost. :rolleyes: The coolest guy around, the coolest SGT poster, wears the coolest sunglasses & you have a Razr? :confused: No music? No Ringback tones? No internet? No kidding? Well, I swanee. ;)
Less is more. :cool:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.