Bye-Bye to TRON-o-Rail

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Bye-Bye to TRON-o-Rail

Post by Goofyernmost » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:39 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Well, I would have worded it differently, but yes. However, the driver should be talking to you when you are stopped.
Yes, I know, but sometimes one has to be blunt to get the message across. Sorry, didn't mean to offend.

:goofy: :goofy:

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:45 am

DonutGoddess wrote:I don't think three trains long will do it at the Magic Kingdom.
I should have worded this better, sorry. The trains themselves are 5 cars long (which has been the standard train length @ Disneyland since the Mark III Monorail) but we only have 3 trains total. The Mark V fleet consisted of 4 trains total. The nice thing about having 4 trains means that you could run 3 trains at any given time, and still have a backup for swapping purposes. I had several conversations with Monorail CMs during my shuttle trips backstage, and many of them told me that it's impossible to run 3 trains now anyways, but it'd still be nice to have a fourth in case two of your trains decided not to play nice. Still, WDW's fleet is twice ours will ever be. :p:

The only thing that many people (still) complain about is the lack of A/C on the Mark VIIs. Not sure if the Mark VI's carry A/C in them. I think the lack of A/C on DL's line might be a voltage/amperage issue... I think if I recall correctly, our monorail beams are very small compared to other monorail beams.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:43 am

Last night as we came from N O Sq to take monorail to DTD only blue was running. DL sure could have used at least one more as line was long. May be wear & tear on DL Monorails but the ride seemed smooth, calm, & much better than walking through the crowded park.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:15 am

Freak wrote:The only thing that many people (still) complain about is the lack of A/C on the Mark VIIs. Not sure if the Mark VI's carry A/C in them. I think the lack of A/C on DL's line might be a voltage/amperage issue... I think if I recall correctly, our monorail beams are very small compared to other monorail beams.
The Mark VI's have AC. You have to have AC in Florida otherwise the passengers would roast. The beams at DLR are smaller than the ones at WDW. I don't recall what voltages/amperages the two systems run on but I wouldn't be surprised if DLR uses a lower voltage/amperage being a smaller, older system.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:51 am

Shorty82 wrote:The Mark VI's have AC. You have to have AC in Florida otherwise the passengers would roast. The beams at DLR are smaller than the ones at WDW. I don't recall what voltages/amperages the two systems run on but I wouldn't be surprised if DLR uses a lower voltage/amperage being a smaller, older system.
I think a lot of times the problems with the AC stems from capacity. At the end of a hot Florida day with all those hot smelly bodies in a standing room only situation isn't going to make for a pleasant situation no matter what.

The buses also seem to go to extremes. We were on one bus where the AC wasn't working right and then someone couldn't contain their gas. I was almost ill. Then when we went to leave DHS we had to wait for a bus and the bus that ended up transporting us had sat empty for about 10 mins in the lineup(not asking why) and that bus was ice cold when we got on. It was heaven.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:06 am

Main Streeter wrote:Last night as we came from N O Sq to take monorail to DTD...
What were you doing in that backwater? ;)

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:57 pm

Shorty82 wrote:The beams at DLR are smaller than the ones at WDW. I don't recall what voltages/amperages the two systems run on but I wouldn't be surprised if DLR uses a lower voltage/amperage being a smaller, older system.
Yeah, our teeny tiny beams have a 600 Volt DC, unsure of the amperage though..But I've been told A/C would push it over maximum capacity of both volts and amps.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:10 pm

hobie16 wrote:What were you doing in that backwater? ;)
To be honest, a VERY WONDERFUL friend gifted me with table for 10 at the most elegant place in in DL. Backwaters area also cuz I was arm & arm with the most popular CM @ DisneyLand & ya can't walk Main Street due to his throng of fans. Always need a dark escape route. :D: We were only arm n arm cuz I wore heels. The only time I need him. ;) Total class! :star:

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:13 pm

hobie16 wrote:What were you doing in that backwater? ;)
Slumming it ;)
Main Streeter wrote:Total class! :star:
HAH! Class clown :D:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:29 pm

ktulu wrote:Slumming it ;)

HAH! Class clown :D:
Always slumming! Guess it shows. :o: Yes, I suppose he was the class clown. Never asked. Just assumed. ;) Wait Kman! Did you mean I was class clown? :confused: Quiet, shy, wall flower me? Ha!