Fast Pass Pet Peeve

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Fast Pass Pet Peeve

Post by turkeyham » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:01 pm

Yesterday BTRR had a short line of 5 minutes. Yes! A slow day at Disneyland, 4 days in a row!

The SG family gets their FP and head to the FP line.

CM: Sorry folks. your time is 2:15 pm to 3:15 pm.

SG: I thought once you get the FP , you can go directly into the line and ride.

CM: The system was designed to give you the FP, you come back later at the time and then walk into the line and ride the attraction.

If I were then, just walk into the microscopic line and ride the attraction.

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:12 pm

ktulu wrote:You should video doing this from various parts of the park. Take a day to video the walk from various parts of the park to the exit, then video ferry/monorail to TTC, simulate walk to car, bus ride times if going back to hotel, etc. It would make an interesting video series on Youtube, and useful for planning. You could become a star AND the most hated man on board x!
Clever idea! But why would BW, (or anyone here) give a hoot what the board x people think?

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:39 pm

delsdad wrote:Clever idea! But why would BW, (or anyone here) give a hoot what the board x people think?
They don't, it's just another data point :)

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:15 pm

Standing at Pavilion Greeter for Finding Nemo. one of the biggest question that I am really tired of answering "Where is the fast pass for this ride?"

I have people get really pissed when I tell them we dont have it. For most of the day Nemo barely has a line.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:27 am

delsdad wrote:Clever idea! But why would BW, (or anyone here) give a hoot what the board x people think?
ktulu wrote:They don't, it's just another data point :)
Actually, I did have someone tell me about a conversation over there, so I went and stopped a flame war in progress. So sometimes I do. It's rare, but sometimes I do.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Malpass93
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Malpass93 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:53 am

NemoRanger wrote:Standing at Pavilion Greeter for Finding Nemo. one of the biggest question that I am really tired of answering "Where is the fast pass for this ride?"

I have people get really pissed when I tell them we dont have it. For most of the day Nemo barely has a line.
Proof that Pixarization =/= Queue-generator.

Maybe someday I'll be a CM...

Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, United Kingdom...

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:33 pm

I am soooo happy GMR doesn't deal with FP. I don't miss it whatsoever (after having to deal with the nonsense at TSM).

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:59 pm

Shorty82 wrote:I'm talking about the one at DHS and it sounds like Tiggerhappy is talking about the one at DLR.
Oops, forgot this was in the WDW section. :p: Sorry about that.
NemoRanger wrote:Standing at Pavilion Greeter for Finding Nemo. one of the biggest question that I am really tired of answering "Where is the fast pass for this ride?"

People just look at me funny when I tell them that the Matterhorn doesn't have a FP.

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:02 pm

Speaking of Nemo, this guy in the red hat was constantly taking flash pictures of the various screens in the ride. GENIUS! He didn't seem to care a very bright flash blasted in his direction though, maybe he can't see anymore due to the flashes of his own camera every 10 seconds.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:37 pm

5th Dimension wrote:Speaking of Nemo, this guy in the red hat was constantly taking flash pictures of the various screens in the ride. GENIUS! He didn't seem to care a very bright flash blasted in his direction though, maybe he can't see anymore due to the flashes of his own camera every 10 seconds.

This happens all the time on Little Mermaid and Hautned Mansion, eventhough the "No Flash Photography" rule is enforced.

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!