Matt Ouimet Taking over Cedar Fair

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
Purpura
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Matt Ouimet Taking over Cedar Fair

Post by Purpura » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:23 am

(RTTNews) - Theme-park operator Cedar Fair Entertainment Co. (FUN: News) on Monday named amusement park and hospitality industry veteran Matthew Ouimet as president of the company, effective immediately.
Ouimet will also succeed Dick Kinzel as the company's chief executive officer, when Kinzel retires upon the expiration of his contract on January 3, 2012. Sandusky, Ohio-based Cedar Fair said the action is in line with its previously announced CEO succession planning process.

http://www.rttnews.com/Content/Breaking ... 49855&SM=1

Partial Guest List for Minnie and Friends Character Breakfast Disneyland Plaza Inn :minnie: :eeyore: :hook: :pooh: :tigger: :fairymom:

I am at Rancho Del Zocalo. OLE~!

Go Wombat and VM!

Notatourist will never be forgotten...

WWWD
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Matt Ouimet Taking over Cedar Fair

Post by WWWD » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:05 pm

I have always appreciated Ouimet's work - and he's received a couple of our pins, too!

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:52 pm

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. As a former Knott's employee, I've not been a fan of the way Cedar Fair does business, but I also worked for Disneyland when he was in charge there, and saw the changes he made to the resort after the years of neglect under Paul Pressler and Cynthia Harris. If anyone could make improvements to Cedar Fair, it'll be Matt Ouimet.

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

techie-13
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by techie-13 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:30 pm

Hope it brings good things to the parks.
With California's Great America, they are dealing with years of delayed maintenance and currently seem to be really focused on getting through the season just to get to the "Haunt".

dazyhill
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dazyhill » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:56 pm

Well Jack Falfas for years was "heir apparent" to the Cedar Fair throne, so Matt Ouimet has to be better than Jack. The fact that Matt worked for years at Disney and other types of businesses gives him points in my book.
There's a lot of neglect at Knott's too. Mostly on the employee side. The employee parking lot is an eyesore and hasn't been repaved in years.

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:49 am

dazyhill wrote:Well Jack Falfas for years was "heir apparent" to the Cedar Fair throne, so Matt Ouimet has to be better than Jack. The fact that Matt worked for years at Disney and other types of businesses gives him points in my book.
There's a lot of neglect at Knott's too. Mostly on the employee side. The employee parking lot is an eyesore and hasn't been repaved in years.
No bloody comparison. Matt is a universe better than Falfas. But, considering his position, and the fact that he's going to be working out of Sandusky, part of what's going to have to happen re. Knotts is going to be a good, old fashioned, snail mail letter writing campaign

Send mail to

[INDENT]Matt Ouimet
One Cedar Point Drive.
Sandusky, Oh, 44870-5259[/INDENT]

Tell him about your concerns with the park. One thing about Matt is that he listens to these things.

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:13 am

While I'm happy it seems that the Devil is finally retiring, I'm not holding my breath to see what I want to see happen @ Knott's. It'll be a slow process if it happens at all.

So I guess put me in the cautiously optimistic boat as well.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

KingsIslander
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Kings Island

Post by KingsIslander » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:47 pm

I'm really excited about this.

&quot wrote: "You can't arrest me for jogging on the railroad tracks!"
2010-2011: Food and Beverage
2012-Present: Admissions/Park Operations

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:40 pm

Remember, folks, Cedar Fair owns more than KBF. As a matter of fact, they run my local amusement park. To be honest, on my last visit there about a year or so ago, while I didn't think it was bad, it also seemed to lack a certain...how can I put this..."sparkle". I think it may have been because, over the years, it seems to have gone from having certain areas following certain themes to more of "amusement park generic". Hopefully, Mr. Ouimet can bring a bit of the twinkle back to the parks.

Amphigorey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Amphigorey » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:52 pm

I don't think I've been to other Cedar Fair parks (Knott's doesn't count since I visited long before they owned it), but the last time I visited Great America, it was filthy. There was trash throughout the park, and the grossest thing was the entire wall of chewing gum in one of the queues. Ick.

Also, when I asked an employee where First Aid was, she didn't know. I thought that was appalling.

I hope Matt Ouimet can bring a little of the Disney standard of cleanliness to the Cedar Fair parks.