Stopping in the walkways...

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
davidtav
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Stopping in the walkways...

Post by davidtav » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:10 am

One of my frustrations with guests:

Guests are walking on any of the major walkways - where hundreds of people are in front of them - AND behind them. Then they suddenly STOP in the middle of the walkway to look at a map, talk on the phone, look at something or fidget with the kids.

WHY!!!??! Are these the same people who stop in the middle of the freeway?! Why don't they just "pull over" to the side of the walkway and not conjest the traffice behind them!?

My satisfaction only comes when I'm in the park as a guest, and someone does this right in front of me - the moment i notice that they've stopped right in front of me, I turn my head as if I'm looking at something, then I TRIP or run right into them... he he he...

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:43 am

that's why my walkway speal goes something like this : "please keep moving, if you are not moving, please start moving, please keep moving, moving moving moving...

Gimme some soft serve!

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:17 am

I know what you mean, I think it's my biggest pet peeve, even worse than not knowing how many are in the group. Luckily I've always been really good at manuvering in large crowds. I can usually see them stop and veer around them. I can just see some guest going to City Hall and complaining because I ran into them. :x

Grumpy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Grumpy » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:28 am

I have actually said (when I had to do parade GC for POTS):

"Keep walking folks, this is a walkway. Yes, that means one foot in front of the other. . . "

I am not saying Stupidity should be illegal or anything!! But lets just remove the warning labels from hazardous items and let the problem solve itself.Author Unknown

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:18 pm

This gets really bad at the tunnel next to the Stroller Shop around 9:45pm, aka the Fantasmic/fireworks blowoff. People will stop in the middle of the tunnel to unload their stroller when there is plenty of room to unload outside the tunnel in front of our shop and queue area, and anywhere in the main entrance area, for that matter. Meanwhile hundreds of people behind them are trying to exit the park and can't get past. Of course it usually takes only 1-2 people to unload a stroller, but of course the whole family of 6-8 people has to form a circle to watch said 1-2 people unload the stroller. Then when I call out, "Please do not unload strollers in the tunnel; you are creating a bottleneck! There's plenty of room out here to unload!" they just look at me funny and go back to taking their sweet little time to unload. And then of course I have to say, "Yes, I'm talking to you!"
:bang:

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

wheelieman
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by wheelieman » Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:48 pm

People just dont think that the rules apply to them. Thats why they go 80 mph on the freeway and then get mad AT THE COP for stopping them. They dont have to take personal responsibility for thier actions anywhere else, so why should they at DLR?

Dave

Im in California, Im in California! If you see me at Knott's, come up and say "Hi"!

^ Okay, the novelty has worn off.

Amateur Radio Call Sign KI6BVW

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:39 pm

I go for Fantasmic!:

"Please keep walking folks, this is a walkway only!! IF you stop, people behind them will stop. If they stop people BEHIND them with stop. If THEY stop people BEHIND THEM with stop!!! Get the picture??!?!?!"

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:56 am

Glad someone brought this up. :D

Also add part B to this: Why do people attempt to walk against the grain of traffic flow? Why can't people generally keep to the right when walking? I realize that people come to DL and WDW from countries where driving on the left is the norm, but hey, you're in the USA now, so lets try and be a little more courteous. (Yea, right).

In malls, I've always wanted to have barriers put up down the center, so that you have to walk on the right. If you want to make a U turn or go the other way, you have to wait for an "intersection."

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:06 pm

Why are guests so lazy???

Why do they have the tendancy to cross the ropes for a short cut and not just walk around it???

VoodooDawn52
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

gates?

Post by VoodooDawn52 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:44 pm

I would have to say the gates in front of attractions are my favorites. When guests think a closed and latched gate does still not apply to them. Thats why we have whistle stops on the train, coming into toontown is where I would usually get them. The guests would be standing on the platform with the wheelchair and the kids would either be playing next to the tracks or on top of the ramp where they could easily fall off :throw: its not until something happens they realize :bang: oh these are real vehicles and they really can hurt us! :hammer:

"Why are the seats wet?"
"Because its been raining!"
"Don't you guys clean them off?"
"Yeah when you slide down the row!"