If you can't read a schedule, I probably don't want to work with you

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Natural Selection Fan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: If you can't read a schedule, I probably don't want to work with you

Post by Natural Selection Fan » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:37 am

KingsIslander wrote:We keep having people showing up to work on the wrong days. They then continue to do the same thing week after week... :rolleyes:

Sounds like they found your next "A" Leads! :D:

If you ever stop and ask yourself: "How do they dress themselves?"
Congratulations and welcome to my world.

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:09 pm

I work for a wholesale club as a night manager. We always have new team members (and sometimes old) getting confused about the schedule even though the time and date is posted. 11PM versus midnight really throws them off.

Jennifer

figgeek
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by figgeek » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:51 am

I do workforce management for call centers and I'm shocked at the number of people who forget when they have vacation days planned.

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:47 pm

figgeek wrote:I do workforce management for call centers and I'm shocked at the number of people who forget when they have vacation days planned.
That doesn't surprise me. I've got five kids. In July, I've got one going to Boy Scout Camp, four going to a Youth gathering in Illinois, 2 going to Los Angeles (two different weeks), all five going to South Dakota (three different weeks, and at least once we pick up one in South Dakota and drop him off in Chicago to go to Los Angeles the same day), as well as a wedding, Ballet Summer Intensive, and various other minor events I have to get someone to or go to myself.

I know what month we'll be vacationing in, but I always have to look up the dates. I do have them on the screen before I call anyone regarding it, however hubby never does because he does everything on his phone and has one screen for making the call and then has to pull up another screen for pertinent info. Sometimes multiple screens. Which generally takes way longer than he thinks. :rolleyes:

KingsIslander
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Kings Island

Post by KingsIslander » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:50 pm

Here's a minor stupid management trick regarding scheduling: there are currently THREE different versions of the schedule for this weekend floating around. And nobody knows which one is the real one.

&quot wrote: "You can't arrest me for jogging on the railroad tracks!"
2010-2011: Food and Beverage
2012-Present: Admissions/Park Operations

Teddykeiko86
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Teddykeiko86 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:45 pm

I could understand if it was in military time. When I began at universal they used military time so your schedule would say
16.5 - 23.2 - Which meant 4:30 pm to 11:12 pm

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:52 am

Oo, that's a weird one, never seen it done like that. All the companies I worked for always had the last digits in place. I'm sorry, but 16.5 - 23.2 looks like some math problem more than a schedule IMO. I don't think it'd kill the company to put 16:30 - 23:12 instead.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:57 pm

Freak wrote:Oo, that's a weird one, never seen it done like that. All the companies I worked for always had the last digits in place. I'm sorry, but 16.5 - 23.2 looks like some math problem more than a schedule IMO. I don't think it'd kill the company to put 16:30 - 23:12 instead.
I think that would be a big improvement. I'm pretty tired of clocking out at 20:15 and getting paid only through 20:12. If you're going to pay on tenths of an hour, at least be honest about it.

Zazu

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:13 pm

Oops, somehow I posted in the wrong thread.

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:10 am

Freak wrote:Oo, that's a weird one, never seen it done like that. All the companies I worked for always had the last digits in place. I'm sorry, but 16.5 - 23.2 looks like some math problem more than a schedule IMO. I don't think it'd kill the company to put 16:30 - 23:12 instead.
Ooh, I hate that! >.< They use military time when I check my schedule at the scheduling office and on the Hub, but when I actually clock in the location roster lists shift times in that stupid math. I freaked out a few times in the past because I thought I clocked in too early (i.e. clocked in at 17:15, but location roster says 17.25). :mad: