Last night at Work.. Stupid attacks!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Last night at Work.. Stupid attacks!

Post by Darksin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:40 am

So I no longer work the theme parks but stupid people are in abundance this week already! Let me share..

I work in healthcare, I'm a Nursing Assistant which is just an expensive and nice title for "Over-glorified senior citizen babysitter". My current case is to sit for 8 hours, in a nursing home, do zero personal care and keep angry old man from screaming for attention all night long.

Fun huh?

While waiting for one of the girls who really do work at this home so I could go get a smoke/bathroom/microwave my dinner break one of the nurses comes up to me and this is what happened.

Nurse: Whats wrong, is he up?
Me: No he's sleeping pretty good right now.
Nurse: So why are you out here then? The bell is ringing you know!
Me: Yes, I know. I need a quick break for a ciggy, the bathroom and to heat up my dinner.
Nurse: *Blank look* But the bell is ringing!
Me: Yes, I know. I pushed the button so that someone could listen for him cause he wakes up and yells a lot if he's not getting enough attention. Kind of like a little kid?
Nurse: So why is the bell ringing?
Me: *Looks for something to bang head on, repeatedly*
.. Now up walks the normal girl who bumps us and without saying a word she looks at me and asks "Break?"
Me: Yup
Nurse: But.. the BELL!
Me: Nevermind, I'll get it. *Turns bell off, Nurse is still confused. Other girl sits with him.. I go on break*
Nurse: *Confused look* But...

See, Stupid is everyplace! :D:

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: Last night at Work.. Stupid attacks!

Post by DisneyMom » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:57 am

Haha,the fun! Why didn't she check patient FIRST??? Then ask questions :rolleyes: Good Idea to have someone check on him while you got a break,sorry communication is lacking-in a perfect world someone would come to relieve you BEFORE you had to leave :cool:
I actually had a supervisor tell me that I was responsible for my patients even when I was ON my unpaid Lunch Break (I was upset no one had answered patient's call bell while I was gone).REALLY?
Do not call yourself a glorified sitter,even tho it feels that way sometimes. You are comforting the patient,and helping the nurses know whats going on with them,as well as doing the hands-on stuff even the patient's own relatives won't do. Been there,sometimes I actually miss doing the turning and bedbaths and linen changes. Patients would look and feel so much better
afterward! :)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D: