Blocked Maingate and Stupid Cast

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Blocked Maingate and Stupid Cast

Post by mapo » Mon May 23, 2011 4:08 am

The Company has decided recently (*kinda*) to block Cast Maingate passes on certain parks on certain days. This is an effort to encourage cast to come to work or play with their "sign in" guests at other locations. The block out dates are listed on the Hub and various handbill media for Cast.

REMEMBER....
  • You can still use your Company ID to enter that location.
  • You can also use your comp tickets for your guests to that location.
Okay...now here is the "SERIOUSLY????" part of our show.

It seems that Cast have taken to verbally abusing their fellow cast at those parks that they CAN use their Maingate pass on for that day. Yup, yelling, cursing and screaming at fellow cast about why can't they use their Maingate at Park X and "have to come HERE instead".

To those who have taken to this disgusting level of abusing their fellow cast: "Do you like your job? We can arrange that you will never, ever have to worry about free park admission ever again."

To those who have suffered the verbal abuse:
  • Call Security.
  • Do not let them in to your park until you know that a**holes name. Hint: It is on their Maingate and Cast ID. Get the PERNER! Do not worry about them seeing you write down their name and their PERNER.
  • If your manager/coordinator directs you to let them in, do so. Then request a union steward so you can file your Workplace Violence report.
    Oh, and that will tie that manager/leader into a nice tight bundle too.
They do not pay anyone enough money to take abuse off our guests. Although the Cast Member is a guest at that time, we do not pay you to take their crap either.

Speak up for yourself. Your coordinator or manager cannot assist you without you telling them what is going on. If they will not stand up for you, do not worry...someone else will fill that gap.

If you are unsure where to turn because you have spoken up and your leader has not addressed your issue, I encourage you to speak to their leader.

I am sick and tired of Cast on Cast abuse. It is illegal, period. It is Workplace Violence and is not to be tolerated.

If you have a question, you can PM me. I am not on very much these days but I will get you an answer.

mapo

(Yes, it is going to be a LONG summer.)

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Re: Blocked Maingate and Stupid Cast

Post by CptnSkippy » Mon May 23, 2011 7:34 am

:dropmouth Wow. There's a nice you're welcome. How can anyone have the cajones to do that when it's free! The dates are posted on the hub - it's not like it's a big surprise. Even if the hub isn't the most user friendly, finding your cast admission is one of the first buttons. I bet they can find the distributed tickets just fine; blockout dates are in the same section.

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Mon May 23, 2011 10:48 am

Guess thats the upside about SoCal. We have two parks. Generally speaking, Maingates are usually blocked on the same day for both parks. Ridiculous peak season times may differ (DL blocking out but DCA not blocking out).

Most of the cast here seems to believe that if it's busy anyway, they don't want to go in.

Now if we could only get rid of the CMs who believe they're entitled to a discount every location they go to.. Guess what? Carts don't give you any. :rolleyes:

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Mon May 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Wow! That's really sad that CMs would do that to other CMs. I guess the good old Golden Rule doesn't apply to them

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 pm

mapo wrote:The Company has decided recently (*kinda*) to block Cast Maingate passes on certain parks on certain days. This is an effort to encourage cast to come to work or play with their "sign in" guests at other locations. The block out dates are listed on the Hub and various handbill media for Cast.

REMEMBER....

It seems that Cast have taken to verbally abusing their fellow cast at those parks that they CAN use their Maingate pass on for that day. Yup, yelling, cursing and screaming at fellow cast about why can't they use their Maingate at Park X and "have to come HERE instead".

To those who have taken to this disgusting level of abusing their fellow cast: "Do you like your job? We can arrange that you will never, ever have to worry about free park admission ever again."

• Call Security.
  • Do not let them in to your park until you know that a**holes name. Hint: It is on their Maingate and Cast ID. Get the PERNER! Do not worry about them seeing you write down their name and their PERNER.
  • If your manager/coordinator directs you to let them in, do so. Then request a union steward so you can file your Workplace Violence report.
They do not pay anyone enough money to take abuse off our guests. Although the Cast Member is a guest at that time, we do not pay you to take their crap either.

Speak up for yourself. Your coordinator or manager cannot assist you without you telling them what is going on. If they will not stand up for you, do not worry...someone else will fill that gap.

If you are unsure where to turn because you have spoken up and your leader has not addressed your issue, I encourage you to speak to their leader.

I am sick and tired of Cast on Cast abuse. It is illegal, period. It is Workplace Violence and is not to be tolerated.

If you have a question, you can PM me. I am not on very much these days but I will get you an answer.

mapo

If Walt was still alive, heads would roll.
If I saw a live face charactor acting like that, it would be pink slip time. If you can't act like a disney Cm, You should not be one.

Corey

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Mon May 23, 2011 7:01 pm

mapo wrote:The Company has decided recently (*kinda*) to block Cast Maingate passes on certain parks on certain days. This is an effort to encourage cast to come to work or play with their "sign in" guests at other locations. The block out dates are listed on the Hub and various handbill media for Cast.

REMEMBER....

• Call Security.

mapo

*sigh*

If I didn't know better, I would think you were stalking me at work, lol. Working Cast Entrance has certainly required nerves of steel recently.

Let me just add that Turnstile Cast are neither psychic nor omnipotent - we can't tell you why x Park is blocked out, even if we really wanted to :rolleyes: .

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed May 25, 2011 12:47 am

glendalais wrote:Let me just add that Turnstile Cast are neither psychic nor omnipotent - we can't tell you why x Park is blocked out, even if we really wanted to :rolleyes: .
But if the employee you are talking to here (I would never call that person a Cast Member) looks around, they might be able to figure it out on their own.

Wait, George Lucas is in the park making an appearance for the reopening of Star Tours? That MIGHT have something to do with it...

There are 50-60,000 people expected for the event? That MIGHT have something to do with it.

Really, common sense would dictate tha...

<sigh>

Never mind.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

CA Screamin Dude
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by CA Screamin Dude » Wed May 25, 2011 6:43 am

For there to be a stupid guest, there must first be a stupid cast.

Think about it...

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Wed May 25, 2011 8:35 am

CA Screamin Dude wrote:For there to be a stupid guest, there must first be a stupid cast.

Think about it...
Well, I have given it a lot of thought and have reached the following conclusion. That statement makes absolutely no sense at all. What does it mean? It's never to late, even for an old fossil like myself, to learn something new.

:judge:

:goofy: :goofy:

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Wed May 25, 2011 8:59 am

CA Screamin Dude wrote:For there to be a stupid guest, there must first be a stupid cast.

Think about it...
Care to explain? I've been thinking about it, and I don't get it. Makes no sense to me

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]