"Out of service?" That won't stop me!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Tink011409
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

"Out of service?" That won't stop me!

Post by Tink011409 » Mon May 16, 2011 6:22 am

Hello everyone!
I've been loving on this site for a while now, and now that I'm back from my seasonal work trip I have stories of my own! :D:
I work custodial in the parks, and I'm typically stationed in the restrooms. Friday I didn't really run into any problems, however yesterday when I was working I had one of my toilets overflow. Oh joy. So I get the floor all mopped up, try plunging the toilet and I can't get it to start working correctly. I try locking the stall door but after about 10 minutes I can't get it to lock and stay locked. So I put a sign on the top of the door that says "Temporarily out of service." I go put everything back in my closet, come back and somebody is in the stall. Ok, maybe they didn't see the sign on the top of the door. So I get a second sign. I now have one out of order sign on the top of the door and one on the side of the door. Go back, come out, more people are using the stall! Catch someone trying to walk in, "Excuse me ma'am, this stall is out of order." *Blank stares* So I go and get the wet floor sign and put it behind the door, and people are still trying to get in the stall! I just don't understand how many ways I have to say "don't go in this stall" before people start listening. :confused:

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: "Out of service?" That won't stop me!

Post by darph nader » Mon May 16, 2011 7:32 am

Shoulda used yellow 'crime scene' tape and a partial body outline on the floor. :D:
btw,,Welcome,have a beverage. :pepsi: :beer: :coke:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Mon May 16, 2011 1:26 pm

darph nader wrote:Shoulda used yellow 'crime scene' tape and a partial body outline on the floor. :D:
btw,,Welcome,have a beverage. :pepsi: :beer: :coke:
And mention that if someone else tries to use that stall, there is going to be a second outline on the floor.... :cat1:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon May 16, 2011 9:20 pm

darph nader wrote:Shoulda used yellow 'crime scene' tape and a partial body outline on the floor. :D:
Naw darph. Even crime tape won't stop stupid. They will only gravitate to it & tear of a bit as a souvie. ;) Welcome Tink0! :) Custodial is not easy & I applaud you.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon May 16, 2011 9:39 pm

Bah! Signs are nothing. Nothing!

I had guests shoulder me out of the way, move a trash can, unhook a rope, duck under a "Closed Attraction" sign, push their way past a maintenance crew, then cuss at me from the platform about how long it was taking for the train to arrive. (There being a hole 30-foot wide and 20-foot deep in the track, it was going to be a while.)

Security had some fun with them. First, he apologized, then took their names and addresses, then took their ticket numbers. Then he excused himself to called in to kill the tickets. Finally, he asked them to follow him to City Hall for an "adjustment". "Oh no, not the front door!" --- he lead them right out the turnstiles before telling they they were gone.

Wish I could have tagged along to see their faces! :p:

Zazu

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Mon May 16, 2011 11:08 pm

Put the Disco Yeti there. Not like Disney is actually using him or anything. ;)

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon May 16, 2011 11:26 pm

Zazu wrote:... he lead them right out the turnstiles before telling they they were gone.
Is the security guy's nickname now the Pied Piper?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue May 17, 2011 9:34 am

Zazu wrote:...he lead them right out the turnstiles before telling they they were gone.
That is one of the best security stories I have ever heard. I would love to know who that was, just to go shake their hand. "Adroit" only begins to describe that Cast Member.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Tue May 17, 2011 2:02 pm

Zazu wrote:Bah! Signs are nothing. Nothing!

I had guests shoulder me out of the way, move a trash can, unhook a rope, duck under a "Closed Attraction" sign, push their way past a maintenance crew, then cuss at me from the platform about how long it was taking for the train to arrive. (There being a hole 30-foot wide and 20-foot deep in the track, it was going to be a while.)

Security had some fun with them. First, he apologized, then took their names and addresses, then took their ticket numbers. Then he excused himself to called in to kill the tickets. Finally, he asked them to follow him to City Hall for an "adjustment". "Oh no, not the front door!" --- he lead them right out the turnstiles before telling they they were gone.

Wish I could have tagged along to see their faces! :p:
Big Wallaby wrote:That is one of the best security stories I have ever heard. I would love to know who that was, just to go shake their hand. "Adroit" only begins to describe that Cast Member.
To the tune of "Frosty the Snowman":

o/` He lead them down Main Street, now,
just like a traffic cop
and when they reach the turnstiles,
he told them not to stop! o/`

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Wed May 18, 2011 8:38 pm

Why would someone want to use a toilet that is out of service? Next time set a cherry bomb in there, and as soon as they move the seat, it will explode, sending whatever is in the bowl up into the air!