Guest was Appalled!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Guest was Appalled!

Post by Cheshire Figment » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:45 pm

Today I was in Guest Services at Typhoon and a family consisting of a couple (probably about 30) and a boy (of about nine) came to the window. The woman started berating me because of what Disney allows Guests to wear. Especially some of the younger (and very shapely) women who were wearing bikinis. And she had to explain to her son about what he was seeing and why he should not be seeing it.

Anyway, I called over the coordinator and had her take care of the situation, that's why she is paid the big bucks. And I figured that the woman would be more willing to discuss the matter with a young woman and not a DOM.

I would have recommended to her that she check out the swimwear at Wicked Weasel and would have commented that we generally don't allow that.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Guest was Appalled!

Post by drcorey » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:20 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:Today I was in Guest Services at Typhoon and a family consisting of a couple (probably about 30) and a boy (of about nine) came to the window. The woman started berating me because of what Disney allows Guests to wear. Especially some of the younger (and very shapely) women who were wearing bikinis. And she had to explain to her son about what he was seeing and why he should not be seeing it.

Anyway, I called over the coordinator and had her take care of the situation, that's why she is paid the big bucks. And I figured that the woman would be more willing to discuss the matter with a young woman and not a DOM.

I would have recommended to her that she check out the swimwear at Wicked Weasel and would have commented that we generally don't allow that.
She should be there on gay day.

Corey

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:31 pm

drcorey wrote:She should be there on gay day.
Oh, that sounds like fun. :p:

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:49 pm

Don't ever go to Vegas lady. All the pools are lined with wall-to-wall butt floss bikinis. :eek:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:34 am

hobie16 wrote:Don't ever go to Vegas lady. All the pools are lined with wall-to-wall butt floss bikinis. :eek:
I like Thongs on my patients- They seem to always demark the favored injection site (on the hip,Hobie!:rolleyes :)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:34 am

Cheshire Figment wrote:...Especially some of the younger (and very shapely) women who were wearing bikinis. And she had to explain to her son about what he was seeing and why he should not be seeing it.
Why complain about the young, shapely ones??? :D: It's the unshapely ones in skimpy suits (both men and women) that can strike me blind! :eek: (And I say this as a self-professed unshapely person with no business in a skimpy suit. :p: )

TeamUBR
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TeamUBR » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:33 am

WHAT! No pics of the offending shapely suits?

And when my son was 9, he would be explaining to me what he was seeing. It usually started with WHOOOOOOA! DID YOU SEE THAT!

j

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:53 am

DisneyMom wrote:I like Thongs on my patients- They seem to always demark the favored injection site (on the hip,Hobie!:rolleyes :)
X marks the spot.
TeamUBR wrote:It usually started with WHOOOOOOA! DID YOU SEE THAT!
And if your wife was in hearing distance the reply was, "I see nothing. Nothing!!"

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

TeamUBR
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TeamUBR » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:36 pm

hobie16 wrote:And if your wife was in hearing distance the reply was, "I see nothing. Nothing!!"
Actually if my wife is in ear shot, it's "Yes son, that's very nice, but not as nice as your mother"

If shes not, it's "WOW, I sure did!" :D: :eek:

j

justafigment84
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by justafigment84 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:37 pm

Good thing she wasn't at the entrance to DAK yesterday then when a group of teenage girls decided that bikinis were proper park attire AND that the Rainforest Cafe fountain was a good thing to climb into. I don't think I have seen security move that fast in a while.