The Kitchen Sink

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: The Kitchen Sink

Post by DonutGoddess » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:51 am

hobie16 wrote:The moral of this story is, if you're put into a position where you expect to be humiliated, turn it around and got for it. What's the worse that can happen?
Great story Hobie!

I went to visit a friend for one of my 30something birthdays and it was my birthday every place I went for 3 days straight. But I gave her permission to do so. She loved it so it was worth it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:19 pm

I love volunteering for stuff, like the Backstage Tour at DHS where they put you in slickers and try to drown you while filming the battle scene. Good fun!

edward137
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by edward137 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:03 pm

hhsrat wrote:8 scoops of ice cream, every topping in the house, and a whole can of whipped cream.

Audience: A whole can?!?!

Actually had this happen in one of my DU classes once ... the instructors were teaching us how to read hotel folios, and one charge was from Beaches & Cream for about $26. Instructor commented that they probably had the kitchen Pedestal Sink, and one of the newbies in the class responded with "what's a kitchen sink?" Instructor gives the standard speil (see first sentence of this reply), and 4 other people in the class (all transfers) all respond with "A whole can?!?!"
Hi hhsrat,
I like the concept. But i wanna know, Is any body eats the whole can in one time?

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:34 pm

Edward ... I've seen the Kitchen Sink finished a few times. Not recently, as I haven't been at that restaurant in a while

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:15 pm

edward137 wrote:
hhsrat wrote:8 scoops of ice cream, every topping in the house, and a whole can of whipped cream.

Audience: A whole can?!?!

Actually had this happen in one of my DU classes once ... the instructors were teaching us how to read hotel folios, and one charge was from Beaches & Cream for about $26. Instructor commented that they probably had the kitchen Pedestal Sink, and one of the newbies in the class responded with "what's a kitchen sink?" Instructor gives the standard speil (see first sentence of this reply), and 4 other people in the class (all transfers) all respond with "A whole can?!?!"
Hi hhsrat,
I like the concept. But i wanna know, Is any body eats the whole can in one time?
We order it but hold the whipped cream ! None of our family cares for the fake oil based whipped topping. But we love the Kitchen Sink !

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:24 pm

You're gonna LOVE the food in Portland... and my beef sous vide.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:31 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:You're gonna LOVE the food in Portland... and my beef sous vide.
Voodoo Donuts? http://voodoodoughnut.com

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:35 pm

Been there. Now that I don't really do donuts it's not a place I go. But I did enjoy the bacon maple bar when I was visiting one of their establishments in Portland. Did you see they've gone interstate and international? I've heard reports they're headed to Downtown Disney.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:30 am

Big Wallaby wrote:You're gonna LOVE the food in Portland... and my beef sous vide.
I have loved the food in Portland. I was also impressed that the wine list had six pages of beer and six wines, the opposite of what I'm used to.

Tell me your recepie for beef sous vide and I'll tell you mine.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:42 am

Simplest recipe ever. Rump roast, keep all the juices, vacuum seal, put in at various temperatures (still experimenting). I've been experimenting with different temperatures to taste the beef at all levels of doneness. While it was not my favorite of the sous vide options, I will say two days at 58° was the first time I've ever actually enjoyed it well done, as it was still tender. Only reason I tried it that way, Little Wallaby prefers it as charcoal, so well-done was a compromise.

Actually, I am thinking of getting a second stick and cambro, so that she can have hers whatever temperature she likes, and I can set it for a more proper temperature of 48° or 49°.

I am still enjoying the naked meat at this point, and seeing what it is without a recipe. However, I'll be looking for recipes shortly. Just one thing - no sugar. I see sugar on something and I'm like...
:monorail:

For Christmas we did a three-pound ribeye and some lamb, med-rare to keep others happy. We really need two sticks. With no aromatics, no spices, nothing but the meat in the vacuum-sealed bag for nine hours. It was amazing.

Well, you know. Amazing for being overcooked more than rare.

At least it wasn't :gross: