The Kitchen Sink

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: The Kitchen Sink

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun May 08, 2011 3:31 pm

hhsrat wrote:it's been a few years since I've tried to polish one off with a group of friends. Never tried solo. I'm tempted to suggest that it's time for an SGT B&C Meetup, but suggesting it means I have to organize it ... anyone else want to suggest it?
I like the idea. I would be willing to second or third it. For now, both of us have more important things that we are organizing.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Sun May 08, 2011 8:00 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:I like the idea. I would be willing to second or third it. For now, both of us have more important things that we are organizing.
If this gathering were to take place in late August, or the first few days pf September, I would be an eager participant !

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue May 10, 2011 10:39 am

delsdad wrote:If this gathering were to take place in late August, or the first few days pf September, I would be an eager participant !
And I have to show you the lighting system I got to play with last week. The church I go to is at a school that was doing a really great performance of Hairspray (never did care for the movie, but this performance was awesome). Anyway, one of the kids in the show has a parent who is really really high up in the entertainment division a major theme park in the area and all the lighting came from said park. Lots of fun.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Tue May 10, 2011 5:58 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:And I have to show you the lighting system I got to play with last week. The church I go to is at a school that was doing a really great performance of Hairspray (never did care for the movie, but this performance was awesome). Anyway, one of the kids in the show has a parent who is really really high up in the entertainment division a major theme park in the area and all the lighting came from said park. Lots of fun.
Very cool ! The "houses of worship" market is now what is driving the lighting console industry. I did some consulting work for a local shurch that rented some VariLites. The alter had a trap room, with 2 x 400amp disconnects. Their Easter pageant had a hydraulic cross that rose out of the deck ! The kids had all the latest toys !

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed May 11, 2011 12:55 pm

delsdad wrote:Very cool ! The "houses of worship" market is now what is driving the lighting console industry. I did some consulting work for a local shurch that rented some VariLites. The alter had a trap room, with 2 x 400amp disconnects. Their Easter pageant had a hydraulic cross that rose out of the deck ! The kids had all the latest toys !
Well, we're missing the hydraulic cross, but we have 10 VariLites installed (not rented) at my church, in addition to standard theater lighting. My tech work there is mostly in video production, so I don't deal with the lighting much, but it's a nice setup. They're pretty good, too, in using it creatively without it being a distraction, which is very easy to do. It also makes for some cool concerts!

Speaking of which, we have a big concert coming through on May 21st. If you know who these people are, you'll realize how cool it is to have them all appearing together!
Details here, tickets available here. (Please forgive me, I'm the local guy in charge of promotion!)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

strlnblue
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by strlnblue » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:14 pm

delsdad wrote:Feed them, then send them on Mission Space? :eek:
NOOO! Please don't give any SGs ideas. :eek: Next thing you know, they'll be deliberately vomiting all over the seats on Mission Space!

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:17 pm

The one time I was at Farrell's, my older sister Susan and her then-boyfriend, later fiance' then ex, were there with his sister and one of my other sisters--forget which one, though, so long ago. Anyway, I forget what it was called, but it was smaller than the Zoo, and they didn't normally fuss about it, but Susan managed to order one--and the place erupted as if we'd ordered a Zoo! Turns out we'd gotten their 10,000th or something one of what ever it was, their second-biggest ice cream concotion. I think I'd ordered a banana split or something else lowkey. But I remember feeling shocked and embarrassed--I'm really a reserved person, and was very shy when I was a kid--when they paraded Susan's ice cream around the restaurant and rang those bells, etc.. This was back in the early to mid 70s, BTW.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:00 pm

felinefan wrote:The one time I was at Farrell's, my older sister Susan and her then-boyfriend, later fiance' then ex, were there with his sister and one of my other sisters--forget which one, though, so long ago. Anyway, I forget what it was called, but it was smaller than the Zoo, and they didn't normally fuss about it, but Susan managed to order one--and the place erupted as if we'd ordered a Zoo! Turns out we'd gotten their 10,000th or something one of what ever it was, their second-biggest ice cream concotion. I think I'd ordered a banana split or something else lowkey. But I remember feeling shocked and embarrassed--I'm really a reserved person, and was very shy when I was a kid--when they paraded Susan's ice cream around the restaurant and rang those bells, etc.. This was back in the early to mid 70s, BTW.
yeah, that scene in bill and teds was a parody of those places.
make a big noise and let everyone know what a pig you are...

I don't really miss themed restaurants at all.
a lot of places I can get free food or gifts on my birthday,
but all the umiliation isnt worth it.
I did it once at outback and asked them not too,
and it was even worse when they did it.

Corey

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:05 pm

We were at Sea World in San Diego withe the kids. We were sitting in the bleachers for the seal and walrus show. The preshow guy comes out, says he going to hold a hula contest, and wants two people from the audience. No volunteers so he picks a young blond lady and me.

I take the grass skirt were suppose to wear and strap it around my chest. He demonstrates a couple of dance steps and tells us to do them. The blond is kinda tentative, I throw out a few moves I've seen at luaus here on Maui.

They fire up some music and tell us to go for it. The preshow guy hops up on the railing of the seal tank. I do the beginning of a Mauri haka by sticking out my tongue and then kick into high gear. I make a few passes by the preshow guy and then grab his feet to lean him back over the tank. Talk about wide eyed.

The music finishes and the shaky preshow guys asks for applause to see who won. Nailed it!

The prize was a back stage tour where we got to pet a walrus.

The moral of this story is, if you're put into a position where you expect to be humiliated, turn it around and got for it. What's the worse that can happen?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:41 am

hobie16 wrote:We were at Sea World in San Diego withe the kids. We were sitting in the bleachers for the seal and walrus show. The preshow guy comes out, says he going to hold a hula contest, and wants two people from the audience. No volunteers so he picks a young blond lady and me.

I take the grass skirt were suppose to wear and strap it around my chest. He demonstrates a couple of dance steps and tells us to do them. The blond is kinda tentative, I throw out a few moves I've seen at luaus here on Maui.

They fire up some music and tell us to go for it. The preshow guy hops up on the railing of the seal tank. I do the beginning of a Mauri haka by sticking out my tongue and then kick into high gear. I make a few passes by the preshow guy and then grab his feet to lean him back over the tank. Talk about wide eyed.

The music finishes and the shaky preshow guys asks for applause to see who won. Nailed it!

The prize was a back stage tour where we got to pet a walrus.

The moral of this story is, if you're put into a position where you expect to be humiliated, turn it around and got for it. What's the worse that can happen?
They could have had you pet the Polar Bear :eek: :polar:
Wish I was there, it sounds unforgetable! Maybe this is why the last time we went, the "volunteers" were actually incognito employees.......

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D: