Seaworld Orlando: No, those sealions are real.

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Seaworld Orlando: No, those sealions are real.

Post by CBeilby » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:49 am

Welcome to SGT, Darksin. The Marsupials, the Beverage Committee, and our Resident Dragon will be along presently for a properly warm greeting. *Stands by with a fire extinguisher for when Lasolimu arrives.*

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:07 pm

Greetings Darksin, I am the resident dragon and would like to offer you a very warm* welcome to that slice of the internet we call SGT. This website contains threads with quick twists and turns and I would like to advise you to not try too hard to keep up with them. Please keep your hands, arms, and legs safely inside the website at all times and enjoy your stay.

*this instance of warm is actually hot**... very hot

**this instance of hot means that you are now literally on fire, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:26 pm

*uses the Fire Extinguisher on Darksin*

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:58 pm

[sarcasm]OMG!!!! The REAL otter is FAKE?!?!?! I don't believe it!!! Damn you Disney for ruining EVERYTHING for me!!![/sarcasm]

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:01 pm

Ack! *Dives into the foamy extinguishing goodness* Kitties are not fire-proof, now I'm gonna smell like singed fur for a week! ;)

Thanks everyone for the exceedingly wonderful welcomes, I think I'm going to like it here.. provided I can keep from turning into a Kitty-kabob!

LOL @ Zazu: In your place I so would have done the same thing! Then again I am a bit of a twisted thing and use the Jurassic Park quote of "But John, When Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down the pirates don't eat the people" and then point out that No. They don't. It's Peter Pan you have to worry about!

@ Turkeyham: Oh I know, we also control the Egrets that come into the park! It's all a mass conspiracy, Orlando has no live animals they are all impressive bio-animations and we just won't tell the rest of the world!

We had an evil Bluejay nest in a tree beside path that split the Pinniped enclosure and the side entrance to Sealion and Otter stadiun one spring. This bird got great pleasure out of drive bombing the tourists who would walk to close to his tree! Now on a busy day that pathway is PACKED! The first day this happened we all gathered on the Handicap ramp between shows to watch the chaos this bird caused while trying to smother the hysterical laughter.
Several people insisted that this was something we engineered to make their lives purely hellish and totally ruin their vacations. Naturally they all wanted a refund or something for free to sooth them from the vicious 20 foot bluejay that attacked them! ;)

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:05 pm

Darksin wrote:LOL @ Zazu: In your place I so would have done the same thing! Then again I am a bit of a twisted thing and use the Jurassic Park quote of "But John, When Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down the pirates don't eat the people" and then point out that No. They don't. It's Peter Pan you have to worry about!
Only if you smell like a codfish. :hook:

Zazu

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:38 am

PhilimusPrime wrote:Had a woman complain about the cranes that tend to flock around the outdoor quick service locations. She actually thought that Disney forced the birds to wander around, trained to take handouts/scrap french fries. She then proceeded to announce that she was an animal activist, member of PETA, and would never come back if they were going to treat animals like they were at a zoo.

I hope she visited Animal Kingdom.
Gee, would it have to do with all those signs and warnings to NOT feed the wild animals? What could that be the reason that they like to hang around guests? Maybe PETA lady should tell her fellow guests not to throw food to the animals.

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Post by CptnSkippy » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:13 am

5th Dimension wrote: Maybe PETA lady should tell her fellow guests not to throw food to the animals.
But then they'll starve to death you... you.. bird murderer!

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:34 am

CptnSkippy wrote:But then they'll starve to death you... you.. bird murderer!
That would be a birderer.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:53 am

I think Wallaby might have included Darksin in an Official Marsupial Greeting™ in another thread, but just to be sure...

Darksin,
:sgthello:
:D: :D: :D:

Great first story, btw! I couldn't help but remember back to my then 6-year-old son's question on his first trip to WDW, when we saw rabbits on the grounds below our Wilderness Lodge balcony: "Dad, are those Disney rabbits or real rabbits?" He was apparently sharper at 6 than your guy is now, since he believed me right away when I told him they were real. :rolleyes:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter