handicapped passes

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
L_sat
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

handicapped passes

Post by L_sat » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:37 pm

I am not currently a cast member at Disneyland, but I'm hoping to become one in the near future. Anyway, the post.

I don't know about you but I am so sick of teenagers coming in and pretending they're injured just so they can get to the front of the line. It's one thing if you have a SERIOUS handicap, but it's another if you're wearing your friend's father's old leg brace when you're NOT injured so you can cut the poor kid in the wheelchair in front of you.

A while ago I was waiting in line for the Haunted Mansion with a few of my friends. We were nearing the end of the queue near the loading area and I saw a young girl in a wheelchair with her family and a teenaged girl with 5 of her friends, all appearing to be in perfect health. They were the only handicapped guests waiting to be seated. The Castmember on duty (no idea who) did not realize who was first in the line, as they were standing side-by-side, and started to load the help the girl in the wheelchair and her family into a car. Almost immediately, the teenage brat starts YELLING at the castmember, INSISTING that her and her friends had been the first to arrive there. After throwing a huge fit, she finally gave up and waited to be seated in the next car.

Coming from a family with many handicaps, this deeply perturbed me.

anybody know what I mean?

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:15 am

^ Yeah, it irks me whenever I see a group of kids scamming the handicap system. Its taking away from people who truly need the service. These kids just go about their way not caring about anyone else. (Yeah, I do care about other people...)

It has seemed to gotten a bit lighter over at Disneyland, but Knott's is still pretty bad. I've seen kids "wheelchair surfing" near Bigfoot Rapids in front of a dozen employees, then just hopping in through the exit. I really wished they would've fallen over and..yeah...I'm getting mean now.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

L_sat
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by L_sat » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:24 am

ach...yeah, I hear horror stories from friends about places like Knotts and Six Flags. Still, it's always a bit suprising to see stuff like that happening at Disneyland.

Especially since some kids only get to see it ONCE in their life time.

Let's not ruin the magic, kids :) heh heh.

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:28 am

you can always sort the bullshitters, and the ones that are for real, when theire bitching at you after climbing the stairs at main street station, about the fact that there is no ramp, key words CLMIBING THE STAIRS, if you can get up the stairs, you don't need to go in the exit, or use a ramp, and it isn't the end of the world if you wait 15 minutes like every one else.

Gimme some soft serve!

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:20 pm

I've also noticed that the guests are truly disable and need the pass will attempt to wait in the queue whenever possible. They are also very nice when it comes to boarding the ride because they know that it may take longer for them to board, and they don't mind waiting. On the other hand the people that try to cheat the system will run as fast as they can to the loading area and push and shove their way through the part of the queue that they have to wait through and will throw other guests off the ride if we didn't stop them.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

L_sat
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by L_sat » Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:24 am

I know what you mean. Seriously, if you can RUN up to the front of the line with no visible physical problems, I think you could just as easily wait 15 minutes or less in line with everybody else.

we're all going to the same place. TAKE YOUR FRIGGIN' TIME.

end :) heh heh.

VoodooDawn52
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by VoodooDawn52 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:23 pm

my favorite is when they run up to you jumping over chains and dodging strollers....(I think to myself, yeah lines over there) they get close and whip out that white piece of paper. Crap! Yeah you need to not wait in the ten minute line :roll: and they try and seat themselves......the train was the best, nope no ramp here....(as I am at train central) :D

"Why are the seats wet?"
"Because its been raining!"
"Don't you guys clean them off?"
"Yeah when you slide down the row!"

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:13 pm

I hate when those teenagers come up to us at Strollers with the most obviously fake limps. I've seen more than one change which leg they were favoring, not to mention the huge amount of overacting they do. Dumbasses don't realize that we're going to rent the wheelchair to them without all that damn acting as long as they pay the rental fee and deposit.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:59 am

Yeah, I wish there was someway to screen who rents wheelchairs, we've got the passes a little more under control (although I suspect that some people are starting to figure out how to get one even when not needed) Maybe we could make them go to City Hall first and if they determine they don't need one, then they don't get one. It'd be more running around for those who need it, but it would be great to make the stupid teenagers have to do more work, and it'd end up being for nothing.

My favorite thing with all those faking teenagers is working Roger Rabbit or Autopia. Those queues are wheelchair accessible. They'd come up to the exit, or entrance asking, where do I go with the wheelchair. I'd just smile and say, our queue is fully wheelchair accessible, so you can wait in the regular line. About 99% of the time, they turn around and leave. :twisted:

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:23 am

umm, how is Auto's queue fully accesable, if i recall there are quite a bit of stairs...

Indy used to be fully accesable, but they added fast pass, and now our ramp up is spilit down the middle, and they miss out on all the fun stuff between the entrance and the rotunda, that ride would be so much simpler if we didn't have fast pass.

Gimme some soft serve!