Funny Nametags

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Jungle Vanessa
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Jungle Vanessa » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:37 pm

I have a new Funny Nametag....
it says my name and all which is Vanessa but I was able to pull one over and get the city, state from my favorite movie put on it, which is Hill Valley, CA (from the back to the future movies)

Today's post has been brought to you by Little Mermaid fish sticks....
Nothing say lovin' like mermaid in the oven.

Favorite current Quote from Coordinator Josh...
"Vanessa you are a Human CDS."
(kinda scary huh?)

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:51 pm

Jungle Vanessa wrote:I have a new Funny Nametag....
it says my name and all which is Vanessa but I was able to pull one over and get the city, state from my favorite movie put on it, which is Hill Valley, CA (from the back to the future movies)
Shweet!!

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

screnwriter
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by screnwriter » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:31 pm

Boy1nterrupted wrote:I had a few good nametags that I used...
Phong
Kilika
the infamous Umberto
Rae Rae
Sasratna (some thai dude who got fired for telling a guest to "f" off!)
and daisey...I told everyone my parents were hippies
We used to pass around the name "Habib" in Parades. Any given day, one of the leads would pretend to have lost their nametag and borrow this one. Finally the supervisors threw it away as they were tired of us using it. We also loaned them out to parade dancers who needed one in the park for certain reasons. One of the DCA dancers, Marilyn, who is still working there, will answer to my voice if I should out "Hey Stan!".

But my favorite misplaced name story comes from when I was in Store Ops. One night I had to borrow a nametag when working at the Princess shop in Fantasyland. I think my nametag read "Mike" - anyway, I had just rang up a very attractive woman, and gave her my usual line of "...and the voices in my head tell me that your change is $3.75...", a line which usually got a laugh. However this woman said, "I can help you with those voices." and proceeded to tell me that she was in the park due to a psychiatrists convention. Just at that moment, my lead came over the said, "Hey Patrick, when you're done with this guest, can I get you to go over to register blah, blah..."

First voices in my head, then my lead calling me a different name than my tag - this woman musta thought I really needed the booby hatch!
:lol:

Scream162
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Scream162 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:43 pm

I've worn a "Darv" nametag at Pirates a few times.

-Chris
Haunted Mansion/Pirates CM

thundercatjamie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by thundercatjamie » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:36 pm

One of our male cps is always wearing a nametag that says Velvet. anyone who who works in the MK can easily get a fake tag by heading over to Window 8 and telling them that you lost yours. They will send you to the back of the room to find one to wear. Whenever I have to use a borrowed one I like to come up with a whole story for the name a place. It's kinda fun to not be yourself and as long as your managers don't take too much notice you can get away with being a little more aggresive to the guests who don't want to go where you want them.

You only get wet if it starts to rain!

No, this is a roller coaster, it does not circle around the park!!!

Thatguy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Thatguy » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:36 pm

I'm still trying to talk my friend john into putting denver as his city

"How many people woke up this morning saying 'I have to do the Jungle Cruise?' yeah, me too, I sat on the edge of my bed crying for half an hour."

gurgi
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by gurgi » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:28 am

anyone ever put "truth or consequences, new mexico" as their city? or maybe if you work at the haunted mansion...."Hell, Michigan?"

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:12 pm

Really only Hotel CMs and people with Language pins get to have their city on their name tag. But if I had the option I think Intercourse, Pennsilvania would be a good one.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

bluepearl
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by bluepearl » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:17 pm

These are all funny stories...

I loved, loved, LOVED being Ryan. I thought I was a cute Ryan. :lol:

I had an extra nametag of my friend, so whenever I forgot mine I'd be Ald for the day. People would ask me where that name was from and I'd just say it was short for Geraldine.

One of the guys I used to work with, named Michael, used to wear a tag that said "La Toya". That was a good one.

I miss WDW and DLP. When are we going back?

CMDad
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by CMDad » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:34 pm

Stduck wrote:Really only Hotel CMs and people with Language pins get to have their city on their name tag. But if I had the option I think Intercourse, Pennsilvania would be a good one.
Or the next town over - Blue Ball

But WDW CM's have their towns on them. One day I was visiting the HM when I came across my son wearing a tag which said GEOFF, London, Eng. (he had left his at home) Worked well for Bob and his very Brooklyn accent.