Funny Nametags

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:02 pm

Hey, speaking of Florida, how early in December does it get crowded? We were going to go in Sept. but probably not now, and my school ends Dec. 10th. I don't want to go in the middle of my quarter, but that's a full week before most non-college age students get out, so I'm thinking it won't be too bad. Any insight from you Floridians? :)

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:02 am

lady ulrike wrote:Hey, speaking of Florida, how early in December does it get crowded? We were going to go in Sept. but probably not now, and my school ends Dec. 10th.
Early December, though busier than in the past, is still a very light season. Things start to get crowded about the 18th or so. Check when the resort prices go up -- that'll give you a pretty good idea about when not to come.

Zazu

DLSweeper
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DLSweeper » Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:30 am

There is this white guy at DL who wears a name tag that says: Jesus.

"I have a stupid question for you."

"Can I have a map?"

"Where is the restroom?"

"Do you work here?"

Grumpy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Grumpy » Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:16 pm

DLSweeper wrote:There is this white guy at DL who wears a name tag that says: Jesus.
NICE!

I remember when I used to work at Knott's, there was a guy named "Godwin." There was a girl who asked him if she could call him "God." He didn't really care. I gave him a ride home one day, and my mom called me, asking me what was taking so long to come home (she had major tabs on me when I was 17), so how else to respond other than "Sorry mom, I'm taking God home ... he needed a ride."

I am not saying Stupidity should be illegal or anything!! But lets just remove the warning labels from hazardous items and let the problem solve itself.Author Unknown

SplashMtnBoy
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

nametags

Post by SplashMtnBoy » Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:20 pm

well on GayDay i change my name tag. :eek: This year I wore a Nancy name tag, Last year I wore Mary. I'm hoping to find a Nelly (Nellie) for next year. The straight guests don't seem to get it, but the gay guys laugh when I say "it's a family name". :wink: They get a laugh when they find out my name is Joe.
-Brer Joe (or Miner Joe)
depending on which mountain I'm at

Have a seat ma'am. It's supposed to be wet. It's a water ride. Why do you think we call it Splash Mountain. If you want to stay dry, then go to Country Bears.

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:29 pm

bwwhahahahaha, loves it.

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:52 am

The only name tags I had was:

Casey

Nick

but I returned them to the T.E.A.M Center because I got in trouble with the manager for not wearing the right name tag: Dan.

Now, I found a lost name tag: Roberto. I don't think I can ever convince people that I am a "Roberto", why??? Because I am Asian!! LOL!!! :lol:

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:11 am

I should get mine Changed to my spanish name, since i'm nice and white and all, and technically i should be able to use it, it's a derivitive of my legal first name, and my step great grandmother was mexican.

Gimme some soft serve!

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:46 am

Wendy Peffercorn wrote:how do you guys get all these nametags?
CMs find nametags on the ground, in dressing areas, in costume lines, in laundry area, breakrooms, Cast parking lots & the list goes on. Drop your nametag - another CM will find it & have fun. Following a group of new hires, can be a gold mine :rolleyes:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

dl_keelboater
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by dl_keelboater » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:18 pm

Main Streeter wrote:
Wendy Peffercorn wrote:how do you guys get all these nametags?
CMs find nametags on the ground, in dressing areas, in costume lines, in laundry area, breakrooms, Cast parking lots & the list goes on. Drop your nametag - another CM will find it & have fun. Following a group of new hires, can be a gold mine :roll:
Lots of people would turn in used costumes with their nametags still on the shirts. I was fortunate enough to have a friend in wardrobe who would send a lot of the lost nametags my way.

Keelboater
"I love the smell of the river in the morning!"