Funny Nametags

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: Funny Nametags

Post by hobie16 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:07 am

SkipperGordon wrote:My absolute favorite was when a manager called an attraction one day and told the lead that he could "get better customer service from a bag boy at Publix" than from the greeter at the attraction. The next day, the TM convinced one of the Thai guys to go down to ID services and get a name tag marked "Publix." I hear tell the tag ended up getting passed around the attraction much to everyone's delight.
That's pretty funny! :D:

I just found out that one of the heirs to the Publix fortune lives up the street. Nice kid, whose a little spacy. He owns a sports jersey shop and races ATVs in the fallow sugar cane fields.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

disneygeek
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by disneygeek » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:56 am

SRT_GB wrote:My personal favorite (though I never had it) was the nametag that said MAN.

I don't work at Disney :( I work at Wal*Mart :mad: !

But we have our share of name-tag strangeness as well.

We have one guy who didn't want the customers knowing his name so he put "Bob" on his tag. After the third time someone asked for "Associate Bob" in Electronics ("Huh? We don't have a 'Bob' in Electronics!") He was told to change it. He changed it to "Mr." and was told THAT would be inappropriate. Now it says; "Mr. Gabe" and he gets snotty about it.

We also have a "Smiley" which is really her name, but also our corporate symbol and a "Loveless" which is only funny to those of us who remember "The Wild, Wild, West!"

Shios
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Shios » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:46 pm

I work at Universal, my name is Jacob. Me and my friends have an inside joke with this Aquafina chapstick we found one day that contained "Jojoba oil". So we just kinda run around yelling "JOJOBA!!" at guests. Well, it's really pronounced "Hohoba", be we say it like it's spelled. It came to me one day to get a Jojoba nametag. When asked for my ID, I told them that my nickname was Jojoba. They were a little sketchy at first, but it's not like they could say no. Anyway, Jojoba is pretty close to Jacob anyway so I now wear that nametag whenever we have special events and my supervisor isn't around. :p:

Rallots
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Rallots » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:39 pm

There is one CM who is a HUGE fan of Jack Sparrow so he wears

Jack
Tortuga, Hatti

He also has a

Luigi (I think of the Mario Bros.)
Italy

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:42 pm

Rallots wrote:...He also has a

Luigi (I think of the Mario Bros.)
Italy
Or maybe...
Image???

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:04 pm

BRWombat wrote:Or maybe...
Image???
"Does anyone know what time Luigi's opens?"

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

InnovEbz
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by InnovEbz » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:50 am

My nametag was forever getting me questions of 'is that your real name?' My name is Ebony, and no, I'm not black at all. To top it off, I come from New Zealand, so I'd get funny looks all day long.

I tried to lend my spare tag to a friend at work one night (a girl, also white), but the coordinator told her that it wasn't 'believable'.. at which point I stepped into the office to say hi and the coordinator mumbled something then zoomed out, hehe.

I also ordered a nametag with the language drop down as I speak French. Unfortunately it arrived only a week before I left and with the country spelt 'New Ziland'................... also unfortunately, they didn't let me keep it :(

As an aside, thanks for the welcome in the other thread!

I knew a guy at Soarin' whose name actually is Epcot (I'm sure you can take a stab at why he was called that..) and recently a friend told me they'd come across someone with the nametag of 'Disney'.

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:56 am

InnovEbz wrote: I knew a guy at Soarin' whose name actually is Epcot (I'm sure you can take a stab at why he was called that..) and recently a friend told me they'd come across someone with the nametag of 'Disney'.
I've seen him too, and I've also seen Nigel Channing at the Imagination Institute.

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Post by CptnSkippy » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:27 am

We had an ICP "Nachos" that worked with us in F&B. The cashiers started having a little fun and when a guest would order nachos and cheese, they'd hand the container of cheese and pull Nachos over and comment "but he wouldn't fit in the bag."

Cute little skit, worked well until a young lady about 13ish comes up. She gets the skit and in the end, the guest raises her hand holding her fingers slightly apart and states "that's ok, he's probably only this big anyway."

End of the little Nachos and cheese game.

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

WWWD
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by WWWD » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:31 pm

CptnSkippy wrote:Cute little skit, worked well until a young lady about 13ish comes up. She gets the skit and in the end, the guest raises her hand holding her fingers slightly apart and states "that's ok, he's probably only this big anyway."

End of the little Nachos and cheese game.
Ouch, some kids just grow up WAY too fast.