Refillable mugs

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Refillable mugs

Post by DonutGoddess » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:59 pm

LeonardKinsey wrote: In that case you'd have to hack the database
Oh great, so you can get caught and go to jail for $10 worth of soda. Think I will pass.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:20 pm

Of course, my favorite option is to just get rid of soda entirely. Solves a lot of problems.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:35 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Of course, my favorite option is to just get rid of soda entirely. Solves a lot of problems.
***Belcccccchhhhhhhhh*** No kiddin'.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

LeonardKinsey
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by LeonardKinsey » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:02 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Of course, my favorite option is to just get rid of soda entirely. Solves a lot of problems.
Or make all soda machines dispense only "Beverly"!

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:10 pm

Don't be dissin' the Beverly. When you wash sugar out of your system, it really tastes a lot better.

Of course, I also understand it has sugar in it. But it has a very complex flavor, once you get past the initial bitterness.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:10 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Of course, my favorite option is to just get rid of soda entirely.
BW, you mean get ride of all soda? As in Coke too? :eek: I simply couldn't live! :coke:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:47 pm

LeonardKinsey wrote:Hi All!

I think this is my first post here! Some of the CMs who post here regularly know me IRL, which is how I found out about the site. But I've been lurking because I honestly haven't had anything useful to add to the discussions. However, I've been thinking about this new mug system over the past few days, and finally posted my thoughts on my blog:

http://www.darksideofdisney.com/?page_id=10

Short version is that I can't see the cost of installing these across the park justifying the tiny profit increase. There are a small # of people who abuse the system, and soda is cheap. However, it's possible Disney might force Coke to cover the costs as part of a contract renewal. Does anyone know how often Disney renegotiates their contracts with 3rd party vendors?

It also seems like it'd be fairly easy to hack. ValidFill even sells disposable RFID tags and a device to program those tags. No idea how much the programmer costs, but some enterprising person could likely buy one, program tags with 1,000,000 refills, and sell the tags on eBay for $10/each.

Anyway, that's my $.02, for what it's worth!

Leonard Kinsey
This seems to be a hot topic on a lot of boards these days. The one fault that I see in the arguments (mostly against any changes) is that people are looking at it in one dimension. All we think about is that as an individual we might only have one or two sodas and that is a minor amount of money.

What must be done is to look at it more globally. There are literally 100's of thousands of guests each day in Disney parks. Multiply that one or two sodas by the massive numbers of people in the parks and you come up with some pretty impressive numbers per year, I'll bet. If not, I can assure you that Disney would not be spending money to combat it. They would use that money to give bonuses to upper management. I hear that Bob I. could use some new sun bonnets for his race horses.

:goofy: :goofy:

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:23 pm

DonutGoddess wrote:Oh great, so you can get caught and go to jail for $10 worth of soda. Think I will pass.
Seriously. I sort of wish that other places like fast food would get this tech too...I can't stand it when people ask for water cups and fill it up with Sprite or some other clear colored beverage OTHER than water. I see that all the time. I also see people bringing in their own cups to fast food places and just fill it up with soda. Irritating.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:08 pm

I am just waiting to see a Beverly come in bottles and being sold on Ship to Shore.

The large souvenior (sp) cups that Disneyland and DCA, these cups don't get free refills. The guests always try to say, they gave me a free refill at the cart yesterday. They try to claim that and say that the CM was you. Try that again with a scheduler, vacation was nice for 4 days. I see that 2 ft carrot growing out of your face.

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:13 am

Leonard Kinsey on behalf of the BDOSGT, welcome!

When you are safely extinguished, have a frosty beverage of your choice! :beer: :pepsi: :coke: :biggulp: :rumncoke: :coffee: