Dining Duhs

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Dining Duhs

Post by Zazu » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:21 pm

Today was a blue-ribbon day for what I calling "Dining Duhs". Don't know why these thing come in batches, but at least we have something for the critics who say this place is getting less stupid.

1. "Hi, is the burger joint open for lunch yet? You know, the one on the top floor?" I explained that California Grill did not have a "burger" on their menu. (Can't *wait* to tell Chef Brian about this one!)

2. "Hi, I need to book dinner for tonight between 6:30 and 7:30, either at the Contemporary or one of the monorail resorts. There are 25 of us."

3. "No, 6:45pm at Chef Mickey's just won't do. If you can't book me at 6:30 then don't bother."

Ya just *can't* make this stuff up!

Zazu

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: Dining Duhs

Post by hobie16 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:01 am

Who sez there's no new stupid? :D:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

ectomstr
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ectomstr » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:24 am

Ah restaurant SG's....gotta love 'em....

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:35 am

Ah, just when we think the stupidity's getting predictable, people find new, creative ways to dumb it down!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:13 pm

bah hamburger.

Corey

chartle
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by chartle » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:10 pm

Zazu wrote:3. "No, 6:45pm at Chef Mickey's just won't do. If you can't book me at 6:30 then don't bother."
I'm wondering if they have micro managed their day so much that 15 whole mins. would throw off their touring plan so much that they would have to talk to Guest Services. :)

Though I'm feeling a little guilty because I did the same thing when I made my one and only ADR ever. I wanted 10:00, the CM said sorry 10:00 is not available, I'm thinking oh no I'll miss the Autotrain and will be stuck in Florida* :eek: . She then said how about 9:55 it took me two beats to realize that its still basically 10:00. :o:

* We actually did get stuck in FL because our train was cancelled, had to drive back. :(

DiscoYeti
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by DiscoYeti » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:01 pm

Zazu wrote: 3. "No, 6:45pm at Chef Mickey's just won't do. If you can't book me at 6:30 then don't bother."
These are the same guests who, if they got their 6:30 ADR, would be yelling and screaming when it was 6:35 and they hadn't been seated yet.

Put 'em on a train through Forbidden Mountain. I'm hungry for cranky guests today. :eat:

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:13 pm

I am still waiting for something like this to breakout in epcot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W0Cryg0uEw

Corey

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Hey, I am still trying to find the hot buttered popcorn on that turkey cart in Frontierland!!

I had no idea that there were churros as well. I guess they are on the carts when the magic train is there. :D:

Teresa Kay
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Teresa Kay » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:07 pm

Zazu wrote: 2. "Hi, I need to book dinner for tonight between 6:30 and 7:30, either at the Contemporary or one of the monorail resorts. There are 25 of us."
Good Lord! Stupid does not begin to describe that.