are there loops on this ride?

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
KaiRubix
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

are there loops on this ride?

Post by KaiRubix » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:42 am

Its even worse when the ride isn't hiding behind trees and is in practical plain site. I use to work at the pier in Santa Monica and I usually get this alot from scared guests. its understandable, but honestly its a bright yellow roller coaster 30 ft above the pier. the whole ride can be viewed right inside the station (which was a part of our job since we have to watch if a loose screw or bolt, or even guests personal items have fallen on the ride)

Even while I was working at Six Flags Magic Mountain. They asked if Gold Rusher had loops...really...gold rusher? I mess with them and say, yes there are loops on this ride, just after we dispatch. =P and they come back saying "THERES NO LOOPS ON THIS RIDE". XD

I also find it amusing when they ask "so what does this ride do?" its a drop tower...you drop. But I amuse them and say. "You see that metal plate beneath your feet? as soon as you reach the top the metal plates open up and you are dropped down into the ocean and brought back up.

Most know I was being sarcastic this time =P

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: are there loops on this ride?

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:57 am

Very nice first post, Kai. :sgthello:

The BDoSGT should be around with an alcoholic beverage for you (might even have a tiny umbrella on top, and here we use only the best mixers for a brand new poster) to dull the pain of your safety spiel. If you have any nomex clothes, you may want to put them on now.

Every time I say that, the phrase, "We're gonna need another Timmy!" comes to mind.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Buggy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:48 pm

I make it a point to ask if there are loops on rides that obviously don't have loops like Carousels or, say, Pirates of the Caribbean.

But then I'm a stupid guest who's just trying to be funny.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:02 pm

Okay, here's a snappy answer for those who ask what a drop tower ride does:

"Well, there is a powerful motor in the seat that first pushes the whole world down, then pulls it back toward you at high speed." :cat1:

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:53 pm

I think it's fun to ask at shows, you'd be surprised how many shows actually do have loops in them. :eek: :p:

Anyway...

Greetings KaiRubix, I am the resident dragon and would like to offer you a very warm* welcome to that slice of the internet we call SGT. This website contains threads with quick twists and turns and I would like to advise you to not try to hard to keep up with them. Please keep your hands, arms, and legs safely inside the website at all times and enjoy your stay.

*this instance of warm is actually hot**... very hot

**this instance of hot means that you are now literally on fire, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

KaiRubix
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by KaiRubix » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:32 pm

Why thank you all for the warm hospitality and yes I'll be sure to follow your safety spiels.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:16 am

I always liked when people asked if they got wet on Perilous Plunge. I'd ask them "Does the Sun rise in the East and set in the West?"

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:44 am

Freak wrote:I always liked when people asked if they got wet on Perilous Plunge. I'd ask them "Does the Sun rise in the East and set in the West?"
What if a SGs' answer is "NO!" What will you say to that, huh?? LOL!! :D:

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:16 pm

I'd figure most SGs probably didn't even know anyway. :p:

C'mon, they're asking me if they get wet and I ask them about the Sun's positions for rising and setting? Might as well have asked some technical science questions, the answers still would've been wrong! :wink:

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

ktrex
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by ktrex » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:36 pm

I worked this ride (picture below), and was always asked this. I usually just stared at them, looked out the window (from inside the station, where we were), looked back, and said "uh...".

(No, you're not missing any part of the track. From the top, it's a giant oval. Up, turn, down, turn, station.)