Ghosts

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Ghosts

Post by GMC » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:06 am

i've heard stories about the ghosts around the park, and talked with someone who's encountered her fair share of them, I've myself have felt the presence of one who has recently taken up residence in the park, but have yet to meet any of them, and i take that back, one night i was on the track near festival arena, and i'd seen some strange things near there on the train, but being there on foot, was compeletly different, I think it may have been timmy, or whatever that kid's name is, just because it's my understanding that he get's around the park. I also think that there's one that follows me home, especially if don't go directly home, it's creepy, like having someone in the car with me.

I know the diarama supposedly has a ghost, but i've crossed her hang out location, and can at least expalin the sounds, as for the reported appearation, i cannot, however she hangs out in between the grand canyon and the primevil word diaramas, which is actually a bridge, not just some dark area to make guests think they're traveling in time, and under the bridge is the major walkway/drive way that most people take to get from harbor point to the park or the other way around.

i've also heard about the graveyard in autopia, i want to know all about these things, so that if i'm ever a trainer or something i can scare the new cms, or even now that there are alot of new hires up at the station now, i can just scare them

Gimme some soft serve!

Dalisair
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Ghosts

Post by Dalisair » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:34 am

GMC wrote:i've heard stories about the ghosts around the park, and talked with someone who's encountered her fair share of them, I've myself have felt the presence of one who has recently taken up residence in the park, but have yet to meet any of them,
Of course, lets keep in mind that some of these "ghosts" are actually fellow cast members playing jokes...

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:37 am

but ghost stories are the ultimate in folk lore, and are what make histories rich and exciting, i don't care if their real or not, i just like hearing them, and then passing them on, for the next person to tell. I mean sure, some stupid guest tricks are immortal, or they will happen over and over agian, but those are always different people, Ghosts are the same "person" if you wiil, always comming up with new antics, and will be doing it for years to come to one person after the next.

If you have ghost stories, even if they seem silly, post them, it's like a tradition, and umm see look ----------> Image we have a campfire to tell the stories around.

Zazu: Added campfire emoticon.
Zazu: Fixed campfire emoticon.

thanks for the add on, it took me a moment to see that you had done that and not me.

Gimme some soft serve!

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:38 pm

I'd like to know more about the graveyard. Never heard of it. Birdmom has had some spooky experiences in the mansion, maybe she'd like to repost.

I never really had any ghost experiences at D-land personally. There are plenty of creepy places around though. We used to go late at night to castle falls in the rivers of america and there was all this old AA equipment laying around. Kind of creepy to be walking around late at night in the woods and find a severed deer head...maybe you can take your newbies there for a midnight stroll ;)

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

Grumpy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Grumpy » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:54 pm

GMC wrote:but ghost stories are the ultimate in folk lore, and are what make histories rich and exciting.
Not only are the histories rich and exciting, but people get rich from it, too. Documentaries that are made by all sorts of common ghost stories, I think it's Gettysburg, or Phili (some city I could swear in Pennsylvania) that has become a tourist attraction BECAUSE of all it's "haunts." An occupation of "Parapsychologist." Which kind of makes you wonder, onces the sciences step in.

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:57 pm

Grumpy wrote:(some city I could swear in Pennsylvania) that has become a tourist attraction BECAUSE of all it's "haunts." An occupation of "Parapsychologist." Which kind of makes you wonder, onces the sciences step in.
St. Augustine is considered the most haunted city in the United States. I'm certain that people are getting rich off it. Although there is a somewhat scientific explanation for the existance of ghosts. Every living organisim is comprised of energy and it has to go somewhere. Perhaps some of the ghost stories is a big release of some sort of energy since energy cannot be destroyed. This is just my personal opinion, except for all organisims being comprised of energy.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

VoodooDawn52
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by VoodooDawn52 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:15 am

There is also a place in San Diego called the Whaley house that also charges admission because of the haunts in and outside the house in the graveyard...my friends went and they said it was pretty creepy...including the attic........Our house in itself is haunted....I've heard stories of a little girl on big thunder trail....Alice? I dont know but she is supposed to be in a pale yellow dress and skips along (at night) until she finds an unsuspecting person and then asks them to play with her...usually the person will ask her where her parents are and Alice will disappear when they are not looking.....my friend and I went to see and of course didn't see anything......I've also heard stories of the little boy on mansion :shock: creepy.....

"Why are the seats wet?"
"Because its been raining!"
"Don't you guys clean them off?"
"Yeah when you slide down the row!"

Grumpy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Grumpy » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:42 am

VoodooDawn52 wrote:There is also a place in San Diego called the Whaley house that also charges admission because of the haunts in and outside the house in the graveyard...
My b/f and I actually have a documentary of Haunted places in the US. Yes, Whaley house is way up there, along with the Hotel Del Coronado. Winchestery Mystery House, I think the Del is the only one that doesn't charge "admission" because it's still a functioning hotel. There is just a certaion room that is said to be haunted by a woman who killed herself there.
VoodooDawn52 wrote:I've also heard stories of the little boy on mansion :shock: creepy....
Yeah, supposedly a boy died of an illness, and had been cremated. Haunted Mansion was his favorite ride, and his mother went and (supposedly) threw his ashes in one of the rooms (don't remember which one).

I've also heard about the "Briar patch girl" who usually likes to play around in the Briar Patch (which I believe is now used as storage if anything at all.) She would just move things around, a small child's hand imprint would be found in the coffee, good crap like that.

I've also heard about things being moved around @ the Gallery. A lead told me she was closing the Gallery one night, and she heard something fall off a shelf (no big deal, right?), well, when she went over to the area where the object had fallen, it was about 6 feet in front of the shelf. She knew where it had belonged, at the top, but if it had fallen on its own, how does it end up 6 feet away?

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:37 pm

The fallen item fell and tumbled/rolled. Isn't it more likely that it would fall due to an earthquake/poor placement of item than due to paranormal activity?

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:37 am

where is big thunder trail, and where is the place with the deer heads, i dunno know if i want to find that one actually, i'd want someone to take me there before i took someon out there myself, i'd consider it very dangerous to not only be out there where i don't know where i am, but to take noobs who really have no idea where they are, i'd have to go during the day, find and mark several escape routes, and practice booking it out of there once at night with someone else.

as for tha ashes, i can't confirm that with the Mansion, but i know for sure that it did happen in Indy, and they had to go 101 for custodial to clean it up.

the grave yard at auto is at one of the dip points for the old people maker/rocket rods track, and it's entirely fenced off and so over gron that the track is covered. It's where the man who used to own the proerty is burried, kinda sad, he died, and disney moved in, and moved his house, from where autopia is to where circle D is, and is now "gaurded" by the pluto unit kennels.

I toom one look at that house and almost went running the other direction, excepting that the other direction was up the road and into a woodsy area, and my lead and another high seniority CM from my department were with me, so i stifled my nervousness, which i can say, wasn't easy.

as for the gallery, i don't know if i read this here, or if i've even said it already, but i hear if you go up there in costume, and anger a guest, an iteam will fall on you're head.

Gimme some soft serve!